Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

10 hours ago, quickoverayard said:
15 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Behind Maradona ?? If that’s what you mean I totally agree mate.

No, another little guy from Argentina!!!

Messi is an amazing footballer but imo and purely that I put him just behind the other two. Maradona is the best for me, he made Napoli and Argentina brilliant teams - he was honestly that good. He could do anything on the pitch. 

Ronaldo next as he has an amazing record in the Champs League and in big games in general, has played with great success in arguably the best 3 leagues in the world and also has success with his country.

Messi is supremely talented and absolute gem of a player but for me has only played for an amazing team in 1 league (who would leave Barca tbf) and has never really cracked it for Argentina despite playing in some very good teams.

Its one we could argue about all day though and others, quite rightly, will mention Cryuff, Beckanbauer, Eusebio, Best, Zidane, Maldini to name but a few.

Those are just my top 3.

• 4 weeks later...

Dangerous one this tonight having beaten Porto so convincingly last at the same stage last season. 

4th time I’ll have seen them at Anfield after last year, UEFA Cup quarter final in 2001 and Champions League Group game about 10 years ago. 

‘Mon the Reds :)

24 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

How  do you justify taking these tickets away from local hardworking fans and kids? Travelling all over the country game to game supporting their team, only to find they cant get a ticket to their biggest game of the season because a gloryhunting football tourist has taken the last one. Can't feel nice.

I’m heartless Estragon is a fud :)

Not generally a fan of games between teams from the same league (particularly when there's a bit of a gulf in quality) but worry that the Liverpool tie will be disappointingly one-sided. Decisions, decisions...

I know it is a long shot but if anybody managed to get their hands on tickets for the final but cannot go I might be interested.  Not willing to pay outrageous price though.

Four of us booked our flights and accommodation ages ago but despite 15 applications amongst us, no luck in the ballot.

Been applying every year since the Milan v Juve final in Manchester but we have never been lucky so hardly a surprise).

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

And what's happened to Mendy? He should be fit by now but Delph is back at L:B with Zinchenko injured.

He's probably just easing Mendy back into it, he's been out a long time. 

Edit : the old boy interviewing King, his hair! :lol:

Edited by Dele

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

He's probably just easing Mendy back into it, he's been out a long time. 

Edit : the old boy interviewing King, his hair! :lol:

Mendy played in the FA Cup semi. Surely, it would be better risk to him rather than Delph .

Delph is just returning from injury and playing out of position, an obvious weakness for Spurs to attack.

It's also hard to understand why Mahrez and Gundogan are preferred to De Bruyne and Sane.  

It  seems that Guardiola's priority is the EPL. Strange!