Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

7 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Just in from the Lothian v Camelon cup tie this time. How did the greatest league in world do on the telly tonight ? 

Don't panic kid, still just 4 English winners in the last 33 attempts whilst Spanish clubs have picked up the last five in a row.  I'll let you know if it changes. 

2 hours ago, JMDP said:

Don't panic kid, still just 4 English winners in the last 33 attempts whilst Spanish clubs have picked up the last five in a row.  I'll let you know if it changes. 

Good lad JMDP. I saw that another Spanish club had won it last year when I went to the final. I don’t have BT Sport myself but I’ll be there on Tuesday. You keep a really close eye on it and let us know how the other 3 left in it are getting on :)

13 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Good lad JMDP. I saw that another Spanish club had won it last year when I went to the final. I don’t have BT Sport myself but I’ll be there on Tuesday. You keep a really close eye on it and let us know how the other 3 left in it are getting on :)

I don't get BT sport in Madrid. Weird thing to say tbh.

4 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

What are you paying your subscription money for over there? 

I get it for free mate with my apartment, only pay for my Atletico membership and tickets and that's about it. Nice that the final is at the metropolitano for me this year too :)

Imagine being a grown man, trying to play the real fan card when you're a glory hunting fan of an EPL franchise. I feel for you Rab.

3 minutes ago, JMDP said:

I get it for free mate with my apartment, only pay for my Atletico membership and tickets and that's about it. Nice that the final is at the metropolitano for me this year too :)

Imagine being a grown man, trying to play the real fan card when you're a glory hunting fan of an EPL franchise. I feel for you Rab.

Nothing in life is free JM I’m sure they sneak that into your rent somewhere :). An Atletico membership eh aw the other poor wee teams over there looking for fans as well :D

Maybe see you in June :)

19 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Avoid posting pish about English fitba to make yourself feel better and I reckon you’ll be ok Bairn ... :)

So this is what? You telling me that what I post will determine your spamming of the board? 

f**k off you absolute creepy loser

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

So this is what? You telling me that what I post will determine your spamming of the board? 

f**k off you absolute creepy loser

Bairny this is really not a good look ... once you resort to abuse you’ve lost all ends up. 

Spamming eh ... I’ll try and stick to the facts :).   

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Don’t try talking about football, that’s not what Misc Fitba is for anymore!

:lol: ... quote me the last time I stopped anyone talking about the actual fitba ? 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

32 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

:lol: ... quote me the last time I stopped anyone talking about the actual fitba ? 

See below from the last day. The last post in particular specifically tells another poster to stop talking about football or you’ll continue to spam the board.

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

What are you paying your subscription money for over there? 

48 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Bairny this is really not a good look ... once you resort to abuse you’ve lost all ends up. 

Spamming eh ... I’ll try and stick to the facts :).   

Nothing in life is free JM I’m sure they sneak that into your rent somewhere :). An Atletico membership eh aw the other poor wee teams over there looking for fans as well :D

Maybe see you in June :)

Avoid posting pish about English fitba to make yourself feel better and I reckon you’ll be ok Bairn ... :)

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

See below from the last day. The last post in particular specifically tells another poster to stop talking about football or you’ll continue to spam the board.

You’d make a good politician HM :). You’ll notice no one mentioned kicking the ball ? 

15 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Ramos with a deliberate booking so he can be suspended for the next march instead of the quarter. Some boy

He apparently confirmed that to be the case to some journalists then swiftly back tracked.  Fine player but he is a twat.  Hope he gets an extended ban but don`t imagine he will.

From BBC including link to 442.

Following the win, Ramos told reporters he would "be lying if I said I didn't force [the booking]".

But later on social media he said the view he intentionally played for the yellow card "hurts", insisting "I have not forced the card".

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

He apparently confirmed that to be the case to some journalists then swiftly back tracked.  Fine player but he is a twat.  Hope he gets an extended ban but don`t imagine he will.

From BBC including link to 442.

Following the win, Ramos told reporters he would "be lying if I said I didn't force [the booking]".

But later on social media he said the view he intentionally played for the yellow card "hurts", insisting "I have not forced the card".

I don’t see anything wrong with doing that. Suppose people will say it’s cheating in the same way as diving is, but I quite like that dirty, tactical side of the game.

I don’t see anything wrong with doing that. Suppose people will say it’s cheating in the same way as diving is, but I quite like that dirty, tactical side of the game.

I don't have an issue with it either, it's a sensible thing to do. I think Carvajal also got a ban after deliberately getting booked during a 6-0 first leg win. Anyway a precedent has been set, so Ramos should get a two game ban.