Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Mbappe needs to improve his first touch, passing and finishing to be the next Messi. 

I never said he’s the next Messi, doubt I’ll see another as good in my lifetime. Excluding Messi and Ronaldo, who’ve played football for the past decade at a level never seen before, I’d say he’s the best of the rest. 

Phil Neville on BBC Radio 5 Live - 

"The referee's first yellow cards have been too fussy but the ones in the second half have been good.

"I think the referee was the reason United couldn't get going in the first half as it was stop-start-stop-start."

And that Manc moron manages the England women's team! :lol:

3 hours ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

I didn't realise that PSG had any fans tbh.

One of the best travelling supports you will see. First time I’d seen them since the 1997 Cup Winners SF this season at Anfield for the group game in September and they are still as brilliant as they were back then. 

6 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
17 minutes ago, IainMorton said:
How shit is Sanchez? I’ve never seen a player so ineffective before (that doesn’t play for Morton).

Hard to drop the dead donkey when he is rumoured to be on £25 million a year. Going to cost Man United a massive amount of money to move him on.

Some Chinese mugs will spend a fortune  buying him

6 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I am really torn. I was wanting them to give him the job before he got found out but it's always glorious to see the media building someone at Manchester United up before being found out like that.

Is he still under contract at Molde?

Sure it was rumoured they'd have to pay a fee if they wanted him at the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Rashford is an excellent player. If he was in a better side that played the ball forward faster you would see him at his best.

Him and Mbappe played the same role today, Mbappe scored a goal and caused mass panic, Rashford struggled to get a shot on target. 

He'll be a top level player, but isn't as complete as Mbappe, who'll be elite. 

"The referee's first yellow cards have been too fussy but the ones in the second half have been good.
"I think the referee was the reason United couldn't get going in the first half as it was stop-start-stop-start."
And that Manc moron manages the England women's team! [emoji38]
There were a lot of cards but can't argue too strongly against any of them tbh. I'm just surprised it took so long for someone to get a second one.

2 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
26 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:
And that Manc moron manages the England women's team! emoji38.png

There were a lot of cards but can't argue too strongly against any of them tbh. I'm just surprised it took so long for someone to get a second one.

Yep the guy who scored the opening goal could easily have had a 2nd one.  I didn`t watch the post match stuff so not sure if anything made of that. 

Pogba could have had a 2nd yellow way earlier for a poor challenge on Alves.

Yep the guy who scored the opening goal could easily have had a 2nd one.  I didn`t watch the post match stuff so not sure if anything made of that. 
Yeah, after the game they showed the replays of the challenges that he could have been booked for but didn't. Based on his first cars, he definitely should have walked.

Pogba did ride his luck a lot too. Lot of daft challenges to be making on a yellow

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Agreed. I tipped Pogba for a second yellow early in the second half.

He had that crazy stare that he gets when he is frustrated by the opposition. 

The ref was too tolerant of Young's protests.

Paul Ince thinks it's wrong that Bobby Moore and Gordon Banks were never "knighthooded"
paul ince is a fool and anyone who takes any comment he makes serious should be shot immediately. there are few people in football with a larger, unwarranted ego than ince.

Surprised he didn’t use the race card. The calling card of a moron
this as well. someone needs to tell paul that he isnt getting any job offers as hes shit. it has hee haw to do with his skin colour.
My prediction for tonight’s game is that McManaman is going to get seriously on my tits with his shite commentary.
McManaman is a fud. no idea why but i was particularly enraged when he corrected himself from saying linesman to referees assistant
Young getting obliterated by Bernat there is one of my CL highlights this season [emoji38]
young was finished before the world cup. hes also a cheating shit so i am also enjoying this!
Commentary starting to talk up PSG. Talking about all the experience in the team. The usual acknowledgement that the English team is about to lose

they kept talking up the experience the club has. they really dont have champions league experience compared to most the other clubs remaining.
I thought that Jones would get a new deal to stop him leaving on a free. Herrera and Mata are out of contract in June. With Fred being marginalised, Utd need to invest substantially in quality midfielders.
they have really missed Carrick in midfield. very under rated player

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

6EA9B8B6-9CDA-4D93-8D8F-6A62D7C91BA7.jpeg

Why do the Utd fans seem to hate him so much? I appreciate he didn't exactly live up to the hype when he played there, but there seems to be genuine malice in the relationship, where most fans just make former diddies a figure of fun.