Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

Guest DAVIDB69
You think Man U are finally starting to see sense with Fellani going after Mourinho only for them to give new contracts to Young and Jones.

Being shown up in this second half.

They are a number of players short at this level

It's maybe just because the interim manager was a failure at Cardiff City and is a wee bit out of his depth.

No way, he’s an incredible manager who has overseen a record number of games without a loss. It’s in no way linked to the players suddenly bothering their arse to play. Not at all.

Guest DAVIDB69

No way, he’s an incredible manager who has overseen a record number of games without a loss. It’s in no way linked to the players suddenly bothering their arse to play. Not at all.

It’s linked to the fact that he hasn’t played anyone of this quality in the so called best league in the world and it’s mainly shite they have been up against

I may be wrong but I recall seeing something recently about proposals for scrapping the away goals rule.  

I know it is not the most popular thing but it serves it's purpose when called on after a two legged affair where needed.   

Will it be all drawn aggregate  games into extra time and penalties, or straight to penalties, coin toss or drawing of lots.

Maybe something different like a player from each team chosen as their clubs representative for a duel with swords with winners team progressing.

Imagine the meltdown from the English media and assorted members of the Salford City board if Mourinho had stomped all over their precious philosophy by setting up on the counter and playing long balls to one-trick midgets in a home leg. And proving as utterly inept at it as this tragic effort.

It’s linked to the fact that he hasn’t played anyone of this quality in the so called best league in the world and it’s mainly shite they have been up against

The English punditry still fancied them as favourites for the home leg though off after pumping the mighty Fulham at the weekend.

Guest DAVIDB69
Was a slow burner, but Roma-Porto is end to end now. Two goals from Zaniolo, he's been excellent since breaking into the team. Porto grabbed one back and wouldn't rule out another goal for either side. 

Hopefully not Porto as my treble is up at the minute