Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

Just now, Ross Forbes said:

But Steve 'Macca' McManaman says that it isn't a booking :lol:

Flat out refuse to listen to commentary when he's doing Liverpool games.

Fine example of the issues with how injuries are dealt with in football. Van Djik almost breaks Mertens ankle, and Napoli are left playing a man down due to it, until they can get him back on.

Yeah they are too similar type for me in the centre. I also have never got the Henderson hype, a tidy enough player and little else.
Those two (not that did anything specifically wrong) were what I would point to as the reason why Croatia were always beating England in the WC semi.

Decent enough, but way short of what it takes to win a top tier competition.

Milner in particular is a great example that being a very very good pro will get you far in the game, he can be proud of his career, but put those two against Modric and Rakitic and their lack of ability shines brightly.

It's a shame for the lad but walker-peters was absolutely beasted by dembele for the goal. Properly embarrassing.

Btw are there two or three dembeles in world football?
At one point both Moussa Dembeles were on the books at Fulham

Just now, GNU_Linux said:
8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
It's a shame for the lad but walker-peters was absolutely beasted by dembele for the goal. Properly embarrassing.

Btw are there two or three dembeles in world football?

At one point both Moussa Dembeles were on the books at Fulham

It's not completely unusual for teams to have players with the same name.  Partizan Belgrade have 2 Nemanja Miletic's while at one point St. Mirren had 2 Ross Stewart's

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Flat out refuse to listen to commentary when he's doing Liverpool games.

Fine example of the issues with how injuries are dealt with in football. Van Djik almost breaks Mertens ankle, and Napoli are left playing a man down due to it, until they can get him back on.

I don't mind a little bit of bias, but he's basically LFC TV levels.

The fact he actually winced when he saw it back, yet still insisted it wasn't a booking :lol:

Just now, senorsoupe said:

I'm watching the game and Napoli are not tiring lol, the only thing tiring about this game is Steve McManaman's commentary

It's Mark Chapman who claimed it. Just bizarre stuff.