Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

21 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

That's not a good two things to be needing tbh.

Would have taken it at the start. If they can’t get through from this position then no complaints. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

PSV's Denzel Dumfries is my new favourite name in football.

Is Alex McLeish watching???
He'll get his own thread in the Tartan Army Rambling Forum!!!

6 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Oh aye. It's absolutely doable. But it's not a situation you want to find yourself in.

Liverpool got to the final last year knocking out better teams along the way. I’ll happily take it :)

I wonder what the issue is with Liverpool and sustaining a challenge. They clearly are good enough to beat nearly anyone on their day which is why they’ve been able to win and get to European finals where it’s a limited number of games, but they seem utterly incapable of sustaining any sort of domestic title challenge.

Is it a mentality issue causing them to bottle the league any time they come close? For Gerrard to slip and hand the title to their nearest challenger was a bit of bad luck, but there’s definitely something more there as a club of that size should have won it more recently than they have.

11 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

PSV's Denzel Dumfries is my new favourite name in football.

A useful addition to the "Scottish Towns and Cities XI".

Denzel Dumfries
Sean Dundee
Andy Stirling
Tony Dingwall
Justin Edinburgh
Lewis Montrose

I'll let someone else think of another 5.

56 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I wonder what the issue is with Liverpool and sustaining a challenge. They clearly are good enough to beat nearly anyone on their day which is why they’ve been able to win and get to European finals where it’s a limited number of games, but they seem utterly incapable of sustaining any sort of domestic title challenge.

Is it a mentality issue causing them to bottle the league any time they come close? For Gerrard to slip and hand the title to their nearest challenger was a bit of bad luck, but there’s definitely something more there as a club of that size should have won it more recently than they have.

Graeme Souness, Pressure of waiting so long, lower budget than rivals, Billionaire owners at Chelsea and Man City, Hicks & Gillette and near administration there’s a fair old list. 

On the up though :D

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

According to Owen and McManaman  last night, its something to do with playing opponents away from home who have running tracks around the pitch. Can't beat them apparently. I'm sure they weren't making up complete shite to detract from Liverpool losing or anything like that.