Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

50 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

In blowout news, Ludogrets Razgrad are currently in the process of demolishing Crusaders at home.  The Bulgarian champs are 7-0 up on the Belfast side

What's blowout news?

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

News about a blowout, I guess the term blowout isn't commonly used in Scotland to describe when one team defeats another team by a wide margin. 

Ah right thanks. I've never heard it used for that. Not even Urban Dictionary could help! Cheers.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

News about a blowout, I guess the term blowout isn't commonly used in Scotland to describe when one team defeats another team by a wide margin. 

NHL thread for this pish.

After the game I stuck on Valur v Rosenborg on bet365 video. The Icelandic team are winning 1-0, but I've been particularly pleased to hear the locals singing "are you watching Eng-er-land?" and some Icelandic version of "football's coming home", which I'm assuming is taking the piss. No idea why they're doing it, but good on the c***s.

21 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

NHL thread for this pish.

After the game I stuck on Valur v Rosenborg on bet365 video. The Icelandic team are winning 1-0, but I've been particularly pleased to hear the locals singing "are you watching Eng-er-land?" and some Icelandic version of "football's coming home", which I'm assuming is taking the piss. No idea why they're doing it, but good on the c***s.

Excellent!  Also Valur have won that game 1-0 which could turn out to be useful for Celtic as the bhoys play the winner of that tie next

Other results so far,

Valletta 1-1 Valletta (Kukesi win on away goals)

HJK Helsinki 3 -1 Vikingur (5-2 agg)

Hapoel beer Sheva 3 - 1 Flora Talinn (Agg 7-2)

Malmo 2-0 Drita 0 (agg 5-0)

And in the upset of the day so far

APOEL 1 - 0 Suduva Marijampole (2-3 agg)

19 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

And in the upset of the day so far

APOEL 1 - 0 Suduva Marijampole (2-3 agg)

Cypriot equivalent of P&B will no doubt be calling for summer football after that result.

Good for Celtic as they would have been the top unseeded team in the play-off round.

Red Star Belgrade and Videoton have also progressed, the Serbs needed a couple of late goals to knock out Spartaks Jurmala while Videoton (now known as MOL Vidi) beat Dudelange 201 at home to progress.  It's also looking grim for the two Irish teams, Crusaders are 2-0 down at home to Ludogrets but lost the first leg 7-0 while Cork City are 2-0 behind in Poland against Legia Warsaw, would need to score 3 late on to progress

A few bits and bobs from around the Champions League.

Slovakian side Spartak Trnava are through after a 1-1 draw in Mostar against Zrinjski, Spartak had won the first leg at home 1-0 while Sheriff Tiraspol overturned a 2-1 first leg deficit against Torpedo Kitaisi with a 3-0 win at home, they now face a tough tie with Legia Warsaw in the next round and finally Qarabag managed to hold off Olimpija Ljubljana thanks to a 0-0 draw in the second leg after a first leg 1-0 win.

On 17/07/2018 at 20:58, senorsoupe said:

TNS nearly pulled it off, they won the second leg 4-0 but still go down 5-4 on aggregate

Would have been an incredible result. Always good to see our Celtic cousins getting wins.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Indeed. Leek eating dragon shaggers.

Hahaha, i'd share your thoughts if we were talking about their rugby side but i like seeing them do well in football.

Legia Warsaw lost 2-0 at home to Spartak Trnava in the only major shock this evening. The Slovak champions were fully expecting to slide into the Europa League at this stage but the unrivaled ability of Polish clubs to utterly Dundee their European runs has put Spartak in an excellent position to progress.

Edited by vikingTON