Cumbernauld United v Pollok Thursday 14th June 2018

BeverleyHills

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heard Cumbernauld weren't happy bunnies about using Shettleston.

Wasn’t just Cumbernauld-both clubs not happy and with good reason. Both clubs offered to have the match played at either of their parks-both far better surfaces than Shettleston with better facilities and more equipped to handle the potential numbers-as usual the West’s match secretary unwilling to listen or even consider the request from both clubs and other members of the west committee were not willing to question his judgement which is maybe the reason the west are continually put under scrutiny. They had the opportunity to do the right thing and maybe get some positive press for a change but that would go against the grain so now 2 sets of players and clubs that have worked hard to get to a cup final they are forced to play a showcase final on one of the worst surfaces in junior football through one mans continual power trip.

Shettleston's park didn't look too bad last night, to be fair. Much better than Cumbernauld's pitch the last time I saw it a few weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Peter, go and have a look at Cumbernauld’s park tomorrow and even if you believe that to be the case, are you telling me the surroundings at Shettleston are better? The last time Cumbernauld visited Shettleston they couldn’t even provide a cup of tea for our committee guys. How are they expected to accommodate 2 clubs and what could be a decent size support? And removing Cumbernauld from this discussion Shettleston is not a better venue than Newlandsfiejd which we were more than happy to move the game to and more importantly so were Pollok.

Peter, go and have a look at Cumbernauld’s park tomorrow and even if you believe that to be the case, are you telling me the surroundings at Shettleston are better? The last time Cumbernauld visited Shettleston they couldn’t even provide a cup of tea for our committee guys. How are they expected to accommodate 2 clubs and what could be a decent size support? And removing Cumbernauld from this discussion Shettleston is not a better venue than Newlandsfiejd which we were more than happy to move the game to and more importantly so were Pollok.

I was only talking about the pitch because that was the point you made.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

27 minutes ago, Cumbernauld01 said:

Your committee guys were in the bar drinking at half time,had a chat with a few of them.....so no time for tea....at fulltime No more than 5 players came for hospitality ...a few of your committee also...

Can't believe u would suggest your ground,fans gathered in one side ...great social club and facilities around but surface is a joke...and has been for years

The season as usual going on far too long for anyone looking like it will go out as a damp squib with very tired players.If we play like we did against Clydebank and Cambuslang recently we won’t be too clever.Have felt that the players have lost focus and interest since beating Auchinleck a month ago and would rather be on their holidays.And who can blame them?...

What bus can I get from Glasgow city centre ? Was planning on going by train to Carntyne but services are patchy because of the weather.
Firstbus 2, 46 and 60 all go from Argylle Street to Shettleston Road according to the app on my phone.

Archived