Tonight's scores 11/6

qwerty

It was a good game, IMO Girvan took the lead against the run of play with a well worked free kick. Troon equalised with a cracking goal, being honest I missed Troons 2nd.
Over all on the night Troon were the better team, although they brought in some players, I thought Robert Love did not do much at all up front!

Robert love should stick to playing in the amateur leagues that’s about his level.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Appraisal said:

Shocking from Troon, absolutely stinkin, hope wee Lawrie & the Girvan boys turn them over, obviously the manager didn’t have faith in either his ability or the squad he put together’s ability to get over the line, Troon have some serious moral issues

Bang on the money. 

IPhone makes a point about it not breaking rules. Clearly it isn't against the rules.

However this is what it's about. Team morale must be affected surely. As I said earlier, play all year and get your team into the playoffs and then dropped for the 2 biggest games of the season for 2-3 players from the amateurs. 

Bang on the money. 

IPhone makes a point about it not breaking rules. Clearly it isn't against the rules.

However this is what it's about. Team morale must be affected surely. As I said earlier, play all year and get your team into the playoffs and then dropped for the 2 biggest games of the season for 2-3 players from the amateurs. 

Troon team morale = high...... just ask the Girvan players [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

51 minutes ago, craigmarkloyal85 said:

Bang on the money. 

Not against the rules but certainly a severe kick in the baws for the boys who are dropped, play most of season then dropped for biggest 2 games, shameful from troon but not surprised by the management 

17 minutes ago, iPhone said:

Morale might not be so high after Wednesday night.

Girvan are more than capable of beating Troon at home and still have a good team with a mix of youth and experience.

If Girvan play to the best of their ability they will still win the tie. 

No matter what anyone says, it is a shit rule. Needs scrapped! 

Mon the seasiders! 

11 hours ago, Ayr Victoria said:

Can amateur players play as trialists within the junior rank, even though they are still signed by their amateur clubs? 

7 hours ago, The chassis said:

Yes

It doesn’t seem right that that is allowed!

12 minutes ago, iPhone said:

It doesn’t seem right that that is allowed!

Some rules need looked at for sure,tho I’m sure once the last game of season in amateur is played there’s every chance the player isn’t signed anymore anyway so is a free agent

27 minutes ago, The chassis said:

Some rules need looked at for sure,tho I’m sure once the last game of season in amateur is played there’s every chance the player isn’t signed anymore anyway so is a free agent

Amateur players can play any game throughout the season as a trialist with a junior club as long as they receive permission from the club the player is registered with except cup games. The West region will need to change the rules for the play offs to make them cup games or this will happen every season. That aside Jimmy Kirkwood hasn’t broken any rules and usually at this time of the season junior clubs are struggling through injuries and suspensions to field a team but that doesn’t seem to be case with these games. It is wrong that he can do a stunt like this and use money to get these players to play in such important games so unfortunately Troon Juniors as a club  have lost a lot of respect which is disappointing. Kirkwood and Redmond should be ashamed of this manoeuvre and only have gave Troon Juniors  a bad name 

1 hour ago, Junior Jock said:

Amateur players can play any game throughout the season as a trialist with a junior club as long as they receive permission from the club the player is registered with except cup games. The West region will need to change the rules for the play offs to make them cup games or this will happen every season. That aside Jimmy Kirkwood hasn’t broken any rules and usually at this time of the season junior clubs are struggling through injuries and suspensions to field a team but that doesn’t seem to be case with these games. It is wrong that he can do a stunt like this and use money to get these players to play in such important games so unfortunately Troon Juniors as a club  have lost a lot of respect which is disappointing. Kirkwood and Redmond should be ashamed of this manoeuvre and only have gave Troon Juniors  a bad name 

A worse name!!

9 minutes ago, glenmuir said:

The silence is deafening from Troon Portland

That is because they know what they have done and they know what they are!!

They might not have broken any rules but nobody really likes them anyway.

Archived