Russia v Saudi Arabia

Enigma

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saudi Arabia were apparently the lowest ranked team heading into the finals up until last week when they snuck ahead of Russia :lol:

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, NJ2 said:
^^^ has shite dinners

He eats mushroom suppers and doesnt like Tennents. He has f**k all to bring to the table tbh.

My table is fine thanks. 

Not that you would be able to see what’s on it.

I must admit, I am most looking forward to watching a game of football in work time. Some kind of novelty factor. 
Go for a 1-0 smash and grab win for the visitors. 

Looking forward to leaving work early and watching in the pub.

I assumed this was kicking off at like 7 or 8, had no idea it was 4.  Presumably after a ludicrous and pointless opening ceremony too.  First half hour in work, next 45 or so on the radio in the car then all done before 7s later on.  Lovely.

As for the game, I can only see it going one of two ways.  Either an absolute barn-stormer between two very average sides, or an absolutely dreadful, irredeemable 0-0 that leaves everyone in tears at the memory of 2014.  I'm betting it's the latter.

This is a tough one to pick using my food based prediction model as neither Russia nor Saudia Arabia are particularly well known for their cuisine.  I like Borscht but a lot of other Russian dishes involve boiled meat which isn't exactly appealing .   On the Saudi side their national dish is Kabsa, essentially rice and meat served on a massive plate with lots of spices, the meat traditional barbecued in a hole in the desert which (according to travel shows) is really tasty when prepared properly, however they don't eat pork, and I love pork. 

On that basis I am going to go 1-1

This is a tough one to pick using my food based prediction model as neither Russia nor Saudia Arabia are particularly well known for their cuisine.  I like Borscht but a lot of other Russian dishes involve boiled meat which isn't exactly appealing .   On the Saudi side their national dish is Kabsa, essentially rice and meat served on a massive plate with lots of spices, the meat traditional barbecued in a hole in the desert which (according to travel shows) is really tasty when prepared properly, however they don't eat pork, and I love pork. 
On that basis I am going to go 1-1

Russia should & will win based on Shashlik & chechil.

Saudi Arabia were apparently the lowest ranked team heading into the finals up until last week when they snuck ahead of Russia [emoji38]

Have they changed now? Last time I looked Russia were 66th and Saudi Arabia were 67th. Along with Egypt who were 46th and Uruguay who were 17th, but the draw wasn't fixed, no sirree...

3 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Pedant- it’s served in most places in Russia as a bar snack. It’s bloody delicious.

Good point, also the fact that Russia has bars should deserve a bonus goal.

New prediction is 2-1 Russia

Archived