Musselburgh Athletic F.C 2018/19

It has to be assumed that Musselburgh stole all your sweeties at some point in the past, can't say I remember going on to The Cuikie, Dalkeith Thistle threads or even seeing a Burntisland Shipyard one at any point.  That said I do remember the high spirits after my first ever beer so should make allowances.

Anyway better head off and gloat like a wean on the Oakley thread, didn't realise it was necessary till now.

Edited by RobM

2 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Get off your high horse cookieboy! If that was directed at me, where did I say that Musselburgh had a bad day at the office! 

Last season, we won the Premier league. Same time Penicuik finished 2nd in the Super League, so your team were always going to be favourites to win this match and indeed our league this season. Doesn’t mean though that Penicuik will win, or indeed deserve to win every league match this season. Musselburgh will go into each match, looking to win, but as said, our aim will be a top five finish come season end.

Also a bit of a pr1ckish comment re the admission money! Musselburgh players didn’t give our fans our admission money back. There were certainly more than 16 Burgh supporters up at Penicuik. Donation was way of saying sorry for the way they played as they admit it wasn’t as good as it should have been. Something to be applauded, not to be mocked. The supporters club will make good use of the donation, but not for payment into any match!

Have a good day now; just saying.

You implied they had a bad day at the office and I still don’t see you giving any credit to Penicuik for two good performances just saying 

33 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

You implied they had a bad day at the office and I still don’t see you giving any credit to Penicuik for two good performances just saying 

My pal brycey came on to the Musselburgh page to have a bit of a dig/banter with supporters/me re yesterday’s result. All good fun and  I responded back. No doubt brycey and I will do this again a few times before the end of season, as we did last season as well!

As you appear to have a difficulty somewhere along the way, I said I was disappointed in the results we’ve just had in the results and performances with Penicuik. I don’t  know what is wrong with that?

If you want me to start a Penicuik appreciation page on this forum, please let me know and I will help you out.

Two weeks ago, Musselburgh went to Penicuik to play in the 2nd round of the Football Nation cup. Half/full time result was 4-0. Was hoping that yesterday’s match was a much closer affair. There were four changes to the Musselburgh line out this time around.

At the start of the match there was a small presentation with Kennie Scott congratulating Mathu King who played his 300th match for the Burgh, which occurred away to Hawick Roal Albert on Tuesday night.

In 10 minutes Penicuik went 1-0 up. Gary Hamilton played a great ball forward from his defensive position; collected by Kateleza, who played the ball past the outcoming keeper. All Penicuik goals are included within this P&B thread and twitter, so check out for visual proof of each one that went in. Goals in 16 and 34 minutes then put Penicuik 3-0 ahead.

On 38 minutes, Musselburgh had a chance to get a goal back. From a corner on the right hand side, a shot was blocked by the Penicuik defence, then Mathu King went for a diving header two yards out, but a defender just got to the ball first, clearing the danger.

Four minutes later, from a Burgh goal kick, a good move up the right wing, saw Matty Lynch cross a ball into the goal area. This was met by Nathan Evans, whose header came off the bar. In last minute of half, Penicuik scored the fourth goal (same as score two weeks ago).

Musselburgh came out in the second half, and played better than the first, but by then it was too late. 

On 46 minutes Michael Deland had good run up left wing, crossed ball, but Mathu’s shot was well saved by Penicuik’s keeper.  In 77minutes, Penicuik scored their 5th goal (again - please see above posts to view goal). With around 9 minutes to go, another chance for Burgh to score, from a corner. However, Bonzo’s header went wide of the target. Final score was 5-0.

A bad day at the office by Musselburgh, but at same time, completely outplayed by a good Penicuik side. They are going to take a bit of stopping, if another team has thoughts of winning the league title.

Edited by Casey Jones
Keyboard froze before I could finish.

Newtongrange and Hill of Beath (100% record) are also unbeaten in Conference A.

Their upcoming meetings are:

Sat 17th Nov     Penicuik v Newtongrange
Sat 08th Dec     Hill of Beath v Penicuik
Sat 15th Dec     Newtongrange v Hill of Beath

8 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Newtongrange and Hill of Beath (100% record) are also unbeaten in Conference A.

Their upcoming meetings are:

Sat 17th Nov     Penicuik v Newtongrange
Sat 08th Dec     Hill of Beath v Penicuik
Sat 15th Dec     Newtongrange v Hill of Beath

Yip!

We play Hill of Beath next Saturday in another away tie  and it will be interesting to see how Hill of Beath play.

At the start of the season, thought Penicuik were favourites for the title, with HoB in the mix. Think these two plus Nitten and ourselves will finish in top 5 with ????

Cant see Nitten winning league. Though they are unbeaten, they have drawn twice so far, where as Penicuik and HoB have won all matches.

Early days though...

Guest brycey
7 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

You, my man are a happy wee Stirrer! Come on here late at night wie your wee snippets and then just wait.... :unsure:

Bubble hasn’t burst. Ten wins and three losses this season, two of which are against Penicuik. Certainly disappointed with results and performances against the Cookie, but target is to finish in top 5, and I think we will get that! 

My man of match was Jackie Myles. For Cookie, I would go with Gary Hamilton.

Always god to ‘talk’ to the brycey man - keep them coming!

thanx brother - mone the burra lol

Guest brycey
4 hours ago, RobM said:

It has to be assumed that Musselburgh stole all your sweeties at some point in the past, can't say I remember going on to The Cuikie, Dalkeith Thistle threads or even seeing a Burntisland Shipyard one at any point.  That said I do remember the high spirits after my first ever beer so should make allowances.

Anyway better head off and gloat like a wean on the Oakley thread, didn't realise it was necessary till now.

look theres nae need tae bring the shipyaird bhoys intae this - ees sneeked by us wae an offside goal at oor plaice - aye the lads were buzzin that nicht lol 

Guest brycey
9 minutes ago, brycey said:

look theres nae need tae bring the shipyaird bhoys intae this - ees sneeked by us wae an offside goal at oor plaice - aye the lads were buzzin that nicht lol 

jist remember ma adoptit teem is noo burntisland shipyaird - aye oor livin the dreem - dinnae wurry u burgh lads - ool dae ees a favour n stuff the cookie - when we cum intae oor stride in the sekond hauf o the seeson in oor poosh fir a top 3 feenish in the leegue lol

9 minutes ago, brycey said:

jist remember ma adoptit teem is noo burntisland shipyaird - aye oor livin the dreem - dinnae wurry u burgh lads - ool dae ees a favour n stuff the cookie - when we cum intae oor stride in the sekond hauf o the seeson in oor poosh fir a top 3 feenish in the leegue lol

Al no tell any1 brycey, but if you want to edit your message before anyone comes back oan to this page!? The yard aren’t even in oor league! You are in Tarnent’s league!!:blink:

Guest brycey
1 hour ago, RobM said:

Think he's passed oot into an alcohol induced coma, been a long weekend for him.

noo noo theres nae need tae bring bacardi intae it lol

Guest brycey
3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Al no tell any1 brycey, but if you want to edit your message before anyone comes back oan to this page!? The yard aren’t even in oor league! You are in Tarnent’s league!!:blink:

no am no editin it - am buzzin efter takin in 3 games this weekend - aye its a slip up by me - a rare yin at that - n as fir the belters they got us oan a bad day lol

11 minutes ago, brycey said:

no am no editin it - am buzzin efter takin in 3 games this weekend - aye its a slip up by me - a rare yin at that - n as fir the belters they got us oan a bad day lol

Got an answer to everything Big Yin! 

Could have been at a 4th match if yead been at Pinkie on Friday night watching the Burgh Under20s.

When the Burgh lose, this thread becomes quite comical with strange visitors! Thanks for the contribution... :P

Casey, thanks for the match summary - seems like the cookie are justifying their favourites tag for the conference in quite some style. They are certainly dishing out some pasting's this season (shame we've been on the end of two of them!). They have aspirations of winning the conference, ours are top 5 and that shows.

On to the next one, another tough game on the road!

2 hours ago, Pete83 said:

When the Burgh lose, this thread becomes quite comical with strange visitors! Thanks for the contribution... :P

Casey, thanks for the match summary - seems like the cookie are justifying their favourites tag for the conference in quite some style. They are certainly dishing out some pasting's this season (shame we've been on the end of two of them!). They have aspirations of winning the conference, ours are top 5 and that shows.

On to the next one, another tough game on the road!

Cheers Pete

I did  a full match report of all the Musselburgh games last season. However, I spent so much time jotting down notes, that my enjoyment of the matches ceased.

I didn't think I was going to be able to attend all matches this season - missed 3 out of first 4, so because of the two issues, I stopped doing a report. 

However, hopefully all being well, I will just jot down some notes and give a summary of each match I attend.

It helped with Penicuik providing a 'video' of all their goals - saved me from re-living the bad points of the match!!

Edited by Casey Jones

21 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Two weeks ago, Musselburgh went to Penicuik to play in the 2nd round of the Football Nation cup. Half/full time result was 4-0. Was hoping that yesterday’s match was a much closer affair. There were four changes to the Musselburgh line out this time around.

At the start of the match there was a small presentation with Kennie Scott congratulating Mathu King who played his 300th match for the Burgh, which occurred away to Hawick Roal Albert on Tuesday night.

In 10 minutes Penicuik went 1-0 up. Gary Hamilton played a great ball forward from his defensive position; collected by Kateleza, who played the ball past the outcoming keeper. All Penicuik goals are included within this P&B thread and twitter, so check out for visual proof of each one that went in. Goals in 16 and 34 minutes then put Penicuik 3-0 ahead.

On 38 minutes, Musselburgh had a chance to get a goal back. From a corner on the right hand side, a shot was blocked by the Penicuik defence, then Mathu King went for a diving header two yards out, but a defender just got to the ball first, clearing the danger.

Four minutes later, from a Burgh goal kick, a good move up the right wing, saw Matty Lynch cross a ball into the goal area. This was met by Nathan Evans, whose header came off the bar. In last minute of half, Penicuik scored the fourth goal (same as score two weeks ago).

Musselburgh came out in the second half, and played better than the first, but by then it was too late. 

On 46 minutes Michael Deland had good run up left wing, crossed ball, but Mathu’s shot was well saved by Penicuik’s keeper.  In 77minutes, Penicuik scored their 5th goal (again - please see above posts to view goal). With around 9 minutes to go, another chance for Burgh to score, from a corner. However, Bonzo’s header went wide of the target. Final score was 5-0.

A bad day at the office by Musselburgh, but at same time, completely outplayed by a good Penicuik side. They are going to take a bit of stopping, if another team has thoughts of winning the league title.

Pretty accurate account of the proceedings and I noticed you have used the phrase bad day at the office but also commented on how good Penicuik were

Keep up the good work with the reports I will look forward to reading them

Guest brycey
18 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Got an answer to everything Big Yin! 

Could have been at a 4th match if yead been at Pinkie on Friday night watching the Burgh Under20s.

al get roond tae it brother dinnae worry lol