Musselburgh Athletic F.C 2018/19

Got  through the cup ties at last, first league game on Tuesday and it's a good yin.  Preston Athletic, Tranent will remain our derby games and there's always going to be a bit of a rivalry with Nitten but Leith are as close as them in all reality. 

One of the stronger EoS teams already in place as well so should give us an indication of where we are.  Cannae wait.

Edited by RobM

Great performance and nice goals from Jono, Nathan and Matti,  Absolutyely spectacular goal from Mikey Deland was the pick of the bunch.  Strong performance from The Burgh tonight and nice to see them putting a game away efficiently. score reflects well on a good Burgh performance but Leith will maybe a bit annoyed at the margin.   Decent performance from Leith for much of the game.

To be fair, not sure a good start means you will now automatically finish in the top five at the end of the season.... But it is a good start and Musselborough should rightly be pleased with it. 

When I watched them in the qualifying cup they played an attractive style of football based on playing football on the deck and defensively looked good, recycled the ball well. If they can continue to play this style (whilst mixing it up when they have to) I for one wouldn't be surprised if, at the end of the season, they are amongst those finishing higher up the league. Nice to see a management team encourage players to play football too.... Better than the percentage stuff you tend to see most weeks! 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

To be fair, not sure a good start means you will now automatically finish in the top five at the end of the season.... But it is a good start and Musselborough should rightly be pleased with it. 

When I watched them in the qualifying cup they played an attractive style of football based on playing football on the deck and defensively looked good, recycled the ball well. If they can continue to play this style (whilst mixing it up when they have to) I for one wouldn't be surprised if, at the end of the season, they are amongst those finishing higher up the league. Nice to see a management team encourage players to play football too.... Better than the percentage stuff you tend to see most weeks! 

Great post G4! 

When Musselburgh got relegated a couple of seasons ago, no one (or very few) expected that to happen. However, the players stayed with the club, and you are correct that the management team encourages players to play football that supporters enjoy to watch. Might have been an easier league to play in, but to keep a high standard all the way through, and break a number of records last season, was a great comeback, and gave fans / and players great satisfaction.

There will be a number of tough matches to play in the league this season, but I am, and have been very optimistic that we will be in the top five come end of season, and no reason why Musselburgh shouldn't be challenging for top position!

Back in action this week after an idle weekend.

Looking forward to the journey down to Kirkcubridght for the game against St Cuthberts, good times at The Burgh just now and we could do with a day out and all the more pleasant with it being a new venue for us.

SATURDAY’S MATCH

[emoji413] Saturday 25th August
[emoji739] St Cuthbert Wanderers
[emoji625] St Mary’s Park, Kircudbright, DG6 4AW
[emoji471] South Region Challenge Cup
[emoji355]️ 3:00pm
[emoji957] £5/£3

#montheburghIMG_1534947498.081824.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

SATURDAY’S MATCH

[emoji413] Saturday 8th September
[emoji739] Dunbar United
[emoji625] Olivebank, Musselburgh, EH21 6QA
[emoji471] Central Taxis East of Scotland Football League
[emoji355]️ 14:30pm
[emoji957] £6/£3/U16 Free
[emoji351] ST Connect TechIMG_1536239242.930878.jpg

Heading along to Olivebank tomorrow for the game and quite looking forward to it.

I'm expecting a good game. Watched Musselburgh against Dalkeith in a 2-2 draw in pre season which was highly entertaining (Shame about the results between the sides last weekend!). It's encouraged me to pop down to see them where possible.

It will be interesting this season to see where all the sides end up across the conferences.

Moan the Burgh.

Down to Gala next and then up to Penicuik.  Good games and (no disrespect meant to Penicuik) the chance of a good day out at Gala in newish surroundings for us.  Be nice to get a couple of league games on the bounce though after all these cup ties.

Edited by RobM

Enjoyable day at the game yesterday with a solid 3-1 win. I actually thought Dunbar had a good couple of spells in the game, particularly in the first 15 minutes but didn't really carve out any opportunities . The game fizzled out in the last 15 minutes which suited Musselburgh at that point. 

That first goal was a lovely move as well, 13 or 14 passes and a lovely finish low past the keeper. Musslburgh's third was a tidy finish too!

The attendance was healthy, guestimate would be around 350-400.

I'll not be able to make the next few away games... but I'll be back for the next home game and continue to try and drag some locals down with me!

Moan the Burgh.

Edited by Pete83