Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
MussyGirl

Musselburgh Athletic F.C 2018/19

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Put it this way, if the team was short of players as you are younger and sprightlier that me, you’d have more of a chance of wearing the blue jersey than I would!

Probably better if Geordie finds other options than the pair of us mate!

Edited by RobM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luke guys whits gaun oan in this burra threed noo - it used tae b silence is goldin - noo ee canna get a wurd in lol wid ees caw canny cos it takes me longer tae reed the posts noo - yous will huv tae mhak allowances fir us seenyur citizins - aye n ad like tae say while am oan a wis at a local amachoor game lately n they brot oot a wee fold oot chair fir me tae sit oan - its wee things like that n the laffs n the banter that gets brycey buzzin n of corse the wind ups as well - aye eed better believe it lol

It just goes to show brycey, that it is absolutely ages since you have been to Olivebank.

We have been providing seats to auld yins like you all season, if they wish one! We may not have a glamour stand like ‘your’ team Nitten, where seating is readily available anytime for those who choose to sit on a pew. However, I think we offer a better deal. If you came and said, ‘luke, amur a penshonur and connae staund fir 90 minutes nae mare’, I would get you a chair and place it anywhere you wanted. Flexible seating! I would even get you a cup of tea if were cold! That offer is there for you anytime you wish to visit your old haunt! We miss your banter and your cheery face these days!

Now; you complain we are too busy on our threed! The reason for that is we listened to you and acted upon the comments you made that we appeared to be hiding away! Just to note, it may get a bit quieter in the next few days. Because of the odd number in each league, the burra don’t have a match this weekend, so there may be a wee rest bite in our postings!

Always good to talk to you bruthir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2019 at 21:43, Casey Jones said:


It just goes to show brycey, that it is absolutely ages since you have been to Olivebank.

We have been providing seats to auld yins like you all season, if they wish one! We may not have a glamour stand like ‘your’ team Nitten, where seating is readily available anytime for those who choose to sit on a pew. However, I think we offer a better deal. If you came and said, ‘luke, amur a penshonur and connae staund fir 90 minutes nae mare’, I would get you a chair and place it anywhere you wanted. Flexible seating! I would even get you a cup of tea if were cold! That offer is there for you anytime you wish to visit your old haunt! We miss your banter and your cheery face these days!

Now; you complain we are too busy on our threed! The reason for that is we listened to you and acted upon the comments you made that we appeared to be hiding away! Just to note, it may get a bit quieter in the next few days. Because of the odd number in each league, the burra don’t have a match this weekend, so there may be a wee rest bite in our postings!

Always good to talk to you bruthir!
 

thanx mate x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ad jist like tae say hello to awebuddy connecktit wae the burra n ask a simple queshton - a notice u guys r at hame tae eesthoosis lilly seturday commin - n ad like tae ken if theres gonna b crowd segregation at this game owin tae a fracass wae this lot doon at peebles earlier oan in the season lol - so wid it no b better tae huv a just in case option oan the day?  luke a ken u cood get there away support in a fone box but a want yous awe tae b safe lol - b oan lads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ees cood tape aff a wee sexshun oan the terracin fir the mayfeeld yung teem lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 08:22, brycey said:

ees cood tape aff a wee sexshun oan the terracin fir the mayfeeld yung teem lol

Nae issues with our Midlothian friends my friend!! Had a good day up there earlier on in the season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Nae issues with our Midlothian friends my friend!! Had a good day up there earlier on in the season!

aye theyre no a bad side - tbh there cood b a guid few games off this weekend buddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, brycey said:

aye theyre no a bad side - tbh there cood b a guid few games off this weekend buddy

Agreed. Be surprised in any games in the East are on this weekend! At least it means that Nitten will remain in 3rd place! Had matches gone ahead, they would have been down to fourth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Agreed. Be surprised in any games in the East are on this weekend! At least it means that Nitten will remain in 3rd place! Had matches gone ahead, they would have been down to fourth!

Even if temperatures remain low into Saturday some might survive... Leith and Broxburn are 3G, Bonnyrigg have covers down, and a few are on the coast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:41, Casey Jones said:

Agreed. Be surprised in any games in the East are on this weekend! At least it means that Nitten will remain in 3rd place! Had matches gone ahead, they would have been down to fourth!

nice one m8 lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/01/2019 at 21:07, HibeeJibee said:

Even if temperatures remain low into Saturday some might survive... Leith and Broxburn are 3G, Bonnyrigg have covers down, and a few are on the coast.

Unfortunately, looks as if my initial thoughts may be spot on? Bonnyrigg off. Broxburn not hopeful. Leith on just now, but Edinburgh University’s match, on a pitch 100 yards away from Leith’s ground is already off. Probably leaves Dunbar.but this may be off as well as temperatures in East Lothian not lifting! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Unfortunately, looks as if my initial thoughts may be spot on? Bonnyrigg off. Broxburn not hopeful. Leith on just now, but Edinburgh University’s match, on a pitch 100 yards away from Leith’s ground is already off. Probably leaves Dunbar.but this may be off as well as temperatures in East Lothian not lifting! 

 

Leith will be on as it's astro. Sun out, minimal frost overnight, 4-5c by 2pm.......couple call-offs may have been premature. Roll on next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two weekends in a row without football. Hope it’s not a hat trick and match at Peebles goes ahead! Miss my fix of watching the Burgh play!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Two weekends in a row without football. Hope it’s not a hat trick and match at Peebles goes ahead! Miss my fix of watching the Burgh play!

omg casey lad - 2 weeks wioot a game - a coodnae handle that lol eer slippin brother- brycey will be at fisherrow fir a cheeky wee friendly on Tuesday nicht - Ormiston afc v meadowmill afc - 2 guid local amateur sides - 7 ko - as a huv connexions wae baith sides lol n lets face it ee canna beet a guid blast o sea air n wind waftin across the links - n up eer trooser legs - bring it oan lol - oh n guid luck against peebles guys n get another 3 points oan board - mone the burra 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A win today will probably cement 3rd place in the league come end of season for Musselburgh. Even if Nitten get a result today, Burgh will be confident they can overhaul their rivals in the last remaining matches. Looking forward to a good match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

League match 17 for Musselburgh; first match in four weeks. Newtongrange were the visitors to Olivebank, hoping for a double, having already beaten Musselburgh 4-2 in the league a couple of months back.

Two changes to the last Burgh line up with Grieg Callaghan on for an injured Liam Gregory.  Nathan Evans replaced Gary Cherrie’s who was suspended.

Match start in a quick tempo with both teams looking to be on the score sheet first. On 13 minutes, Conor Thomson moved ball into the Newtongrange box. Best option was to shoot, but instead, Conor passed ball to Michael Deland, who saw his shot go over bar. On 15 minutes, the first goal did come. Passing move involving Jackie Myles, Conor and Nathan saw the latter make run into the box. Nathan checked back and squares ball into the six-yard box, where Mathu King hits the net. Early honours to Musselburgh who lead 1-0.

On 19 minutes, Stevie Thomson (seven previous Burgh players – maybe 8 - in the Nitten starting line-up) hit a shot from 25 yards, but ball just goes over the bar. Few moments later and a throw-in from Scott Swaney finds Thomson, who has a tussle with Michael D, before crossing a good ball in, but, no Newtongrange player could get a touch on it.

Jackie has a great chance to make it 2-0 to Burgh with 40 minutes played, but his strike comes off the back of a Nitten player and ball is cleared. In final minute of first half, good play up right wing between Conor and Mathu, with ball played over to Liam Gregory. He plays ball into box, which Nathan dummied and Mathu ran towards the far corner of box and placed ball past a diving Keiron Renton.

Half time – Musselburgh lead 2-0

Just over 10 minutes after the break, Deland punted ball from his own half, which headed on by Mathu. Nathan collects ball at edge of box, then coolly slots ball into the net for 3-0 lead.  Nitten were reduced to 10 men as Thomson received a red card for a reckless challenge on Jackie Myles. Fortunes changed a bit, for Newtongrange, on 61 minutes. From a corner kick, ball headed into net by Lowson, reducing deficit to 3-1.

Third goal in eleven minutes saw Musselburgh back to a three-goal lead. Renton kicked ball into the Burgh half. Two headers and ball was back over the half way line. Lowson passed ball back to Keiron. Inexplicably, Renton let the ball run by him towards the goals. He ran back to retrieve the ball, but linesman indicated that ball crossed line and Musselburgh lead 4-1.

Keiron received a yellow card for running out and remonstrating with the linesman; stating ball was still in play, a fact confirmed by a number of Burgh fans who were standing behind the goal area.

Nitten were not finished yet, as in 69 minutes, they had another corner. When ball came in, Ally shouted it was his ball. However, he missed it and Richardson tapped ball in - 4-2 to the home side.

Burgh’s first sub came just after. Scott McNaughton replaced Nathan. Final goal came in 75 minutes. Mathu ran into box, looking for his hat trick. As he tried to go by Keiron, he was fouled and the goalkeeper received his second yellow of the match. Richardson went in goals, but was unable to stop Michael Moffat from scoring his second penalty in as many matches.

Jack Gillan and Scott Moffat replaced Jackie and Conor, late in the match for Musselburgh. For the away side, Scott, Wilson and Lander replace Hunter, Forster and Jamieson.

Final score was 5-2 for Musselburgh who jump above Newtongrange, into third place in the league. Michael Moffat (birthday boy) was supporters’ man of the match.

A crowd of 314; third highest of season for Musselburgh, saw an entertaining match, especially in the first half. Second half was a bit spoilt by the two sending offs. However, five goals in this period is not to be scoffed at; with Musselburgh worthy winners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liam Gregory is the second Musselburgh Athletic Under 20 player to sign for the main Burgh team. He is a midfielder,  quick on his feet and getting more confident each time he crosses the line on a Saturday afternoon. He joins the Centre Half Liam Reid, who signed a couple of months ago and now a regular in the first team starting line up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×