Musselburgh Athletic F.C 2018/19

On 15/12/2018 at 09:20, MussyGirl said:

Today’s East of Scotland Football Association league match at home to Coldstream has been called off due to a frozen pitch.

Have a great weekend!IMG_3884.jpg

surprised the eos league r no lookin intae this - defo at the lash wae this call off - awbuddy is talkin aboot it lol

On 19/12/2018 at 18:21, Casey Jones said:

3-2 for Spartans. Good work out for both teams.

looks like the burra r oan the slide - efter that spankin fae nitten lol

On 09/12/2018 at 22:31, Casey Jones said:

Both Musselburgh and Newtongrange played their 12th league match at New Victoria park. Thought with 4th (Nitten) playing 2nd there would have been a bigger crowd come the 14:28 kick-off.

Newtongrange were first on the attack, with Ally Adams having to make a save in only 2 minutes, putting ball out for a corner. When this came in, Kyle Lander’s shot went wide of the post. On 7 minutes, up came Musselburgh, with Michael Moffat hitting a ball into the box, only to see a glancing header from his namesake, Scott, go just past the post. With 10 minutes played, George Hunter had a great shot but the ball came off the left hand post and a narrow escape for Burgh.

First goal of match came in 24 minutes, with Kyle Scott playing ball into the Burgh box and a low header from Alistair Forster hit the net and 1-0 to Newtongrange. Just after the half hour mark, Scotty was one on one with Kieron Renton in the Nitten 6-yard box, and it looked as if ball came back off the bar, with ball being cleared away.

Play was stopped In 40 minutes with Mathu King suffering a head knock. He was attended to but his match ended with Nathan Evans coming on as sub.

Half time 1-0 to Newtongrange.

Within the first minute of second half, Conor Thomson moved the ball down the wing and then played ball into box. It hit off a Nitten defender and nearly an own goal.

On 50 minutes Forster came off for Nitten, replaced by Ryan Porteous. Shortly after, Wes Mitchell received a booking for a rash lunge at Nathan. The second goal of the match came in 54 minutes. Hunter, on the right hand side of penalty area, shot and ball went past both Liam Reid and Ally to make it 2-0 to Newtongrange.

Gary Cherrie was next into ref’s book, surprisingly, as it looked like a 50/50 challenge. Around the hour mark, Bradley Whyte came on for Jack Gillan, maintain his position as the only Musselburgh player to be involved in every match so far this season.

Sixty one minutes and Michael Moffat received a yellow for a foul on left hand side of the park. From the free kick, Stevie Thomson got the ball and his shot hit the corner of the Burgh net and Musselburgh’s day went from bad to worse, now losing 3-0.

However, a minute later, and the deficit reduced. Ball came out of defence to Michael Deland on the right wing. He quickly moved past Sean Melvin, then took ball past Scott, James Young and Porteous. Ball played into box to Bradley who squared ball to Scotty. Two touches later, and his first goal since coming from Haddington.

Musselburgh were now playing the better football. In short space of time, two more bookings, Hunter for Nitten and Liam for Burgh.

On 70 minutes, a great Musselburgh move involving Nathan, Michael D, Conor and back to Michael, had Scotty with the ball in the Nitten box, but he couldn’t control ball, and Renton collected it.

Second goal of the match for Musselburgh came in 75 minutes. From a throw in on the right wing, Jackie received the ball, and played it forward. Gary headed it on to Michael M, who moved into the box and his shot went into the net past a diving Renton. 3-2 and comeback looked to be on. However, a couple of minute later and Ally had to make a point blank save to keep the score at 3-2.

On 80 minutes, Musselburgh’s 3rd sub saw Jackie being replaced by David Maskrey. Then an error by the linesman saw a red card for John McManus. As Nitten pressed forward, Jono went for a tackle and the ball was put out for a goal-kick. However, the linesman pointed for a corner and as Jono spoke to the linesman; he received a red card shortly after. Ally was apoplectic by this decision and his anger saw a yellow card raised for him. Poor poor decision by the officials.

With a minute to go to full time, Ally kept Musselburgh in the match, with a great save. However, in the final minute, Hunter got his second goal of the match when he shot into an empty net and final result was 4-2 to the home team.

With Hill of Beath beating top placed team Penicuik, these four teams are separated at the top of the division by four points. All to play for, for all four sides!

as a stawnch nitten fan a huv tae say this result pleased alot o fans who were shocked at the shenanigans gawn oan between the clubs - re twitter- it all came good in the end though wae nitten doin the bizz oan the day so enjoy eersels ower the festive period guys because you burra lads r aways found wanting when u play the top teams - we r nitten - aye eed better beleeve it lol

3 hours ago, brycey said:

surprised the eos league r no lookin intae this - defo at the lash wae this call off - awbuddy is talkin aboot it lol

The biggest stirrer on P&B comes out of hibernation! Good to hear from you again sir and you never fail to disappoint. Not sure if you were in a deep sleep last weekend, but all but one East of Scotland match was postponed, with that one match abandoned. Not sure that EoS bosses will be exercised in activities as you suggest!

3 hours ago, brycey said:

as a stawnch nitten fan a huv tae say this result pleased alot o fans who were shocked at the shenanigans gawn oan between the clubs - re twitter- it all came good in the end though wae nitten doin the bizz oan the day so enjoy eersels ower the festive period guys because you burra lads r aways found wanting when u play the top teams - we r nitten - aye eed better beleeve it lol

Last couple of times I was up at Nitten, your voice was criticising the home team more than others. The Stawnch fan made me laugh! I thought that Nitten were your 5th to support after your current team, Burntisland Shipyard;  your previous team, Fauldhouse; your adopted old team, Musselburgh, as Olivebank was your favourite football ground to visit a couple of years ago, and Tranent, which is/was a home from home to you in the line of business you frequented! 

Now your are back to being a Nitten supporter, you will know that although Musselburgh were deservedly beat a couple of weeks ago, we are still higher up the league than Nitten! I am confident that will remain come the end of season. By the way, nothing bad about friendly rivalry between two local teams.

2 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

The biggest stirrer on P&B comes out of hibernation! Good to hear from you again sir and you never fail to disappoint. Not sure if you were in a deep sleep last weekend, but all but one East of Scotland match was postponed, with that one match abandoned. Not sure that EoS bosses will be exercised in activities as you suggest!

weel the burra amateurs played at pinkie n only twae amateur games were called off but then again these grassroot lads dinnae let a wee breeze pit them off - a canna help it if thae eos refs dinnae like the wind up there jacksies lol

2 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Last couple of times I was up at Nitten, your voice was criticising the home team more than others. The Stawnch fan made me laugh! I thought that Nitten were your 5th to support after your current team, Burntisland Shipyard;  your previous team, Fauldhouse; your adopted old team, Musselburgh, as Olivebank was your favourite football ground to visit a couple of years ago, and Tranent, which is/was a home from home to you in the line of business you frequented! 

Now your are back to being a Nitten supporter, you will know that although Musselburgh were deservedly beat a couple of weeks ago, we are still higher up the league than Nitten! I am confident that will remain come the end of season. By the way, nothing bad about friendly rivalry between two local teams.

weel a get welcomed wae open airms noo at nitten as a doo awe ower the plaice casey lhad - went tae bonnrigg yesterday n showtit fir sauchie but it went tits up n a wis in the company o twae nitten legends - of corse if ee inclood me thats 3 - jist remember the nitten support is gawn doon noo as awe us lads r in oor machoor yeers noo - but big brycey kin still shout fir awebuddy lol n a jist feel this sleepin giant o a fitba club is needin a revival n a will b making a rare appeerance at olivebank fir the return match - at the away end of corse tae cheer oan the nitten lads tae vicktory oan the day lol aye ur plaice will b rockin that day he he

19 minutes ago, brycey said:

weel a get welcomed wae open airms noo at nitten as a doo awe ower the plaice casey lhad - went tae bonnrigg yesterday n showtit fir sauchie but it went tits up n a wis in the company o twae nitten legends - of corse if ee inclood me thats 3 - jist remember the nitten support is gawn doon noo as awe us lads r in oor machoor yeers noo - but big brycey kin still shout fir awebuddy lol n a jist feel this sleepin giant o a fitba club is needin a revival n a will b making a rare appeerance at olivebank fir the return match - at the away end of corse tae cheer oan the nitten lads tae vicktory oan the day lol aye ur plaice will b rockin that day he he

These past few months have been quite hard on me, wont go ninto detail. However, I am sure my next door neighbour heard me laughing at the quote ‘of corse if EE inclood me that’s 3’ (legends)! Ha ha soo funny Brycey!

You know of course you would always get a warm welcome next time you are back at Olivebank! You know we give as good as we get, but are always happy to staund beside our rivals and chat away! 

Its funny you say that Nitten support is gain doon. You will know from twitter, as per your earlier comments, that, that is refuted! Guid it is coming from someone wae is welcomed wae open airms at Nitten! Hope that doesnae change noo!

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

These past few months have been quite hard on me, wont go ninto detail. However, I am sure my next door neighbour heard me laughing at the quote ‘of corse if EE inclood me that’s 3’ (legends)! Ha ha soo funny Brycey!

You know of course you would always get a warm welcome next time you are back at Olivebank! You know we give as good as we get, but are always happy to staund beside our rivals and chat away! 

Its funny you say that Nitten support is gain doon. You will know from twitter, as per your earlier comments, that, that is refuted! Guid it is coming from someone wae is welcomed wae open airms at Nitten! Hope that doesnae change noo!

noo noo casey a wee birdie telt me that the burra had 104 at a match n pit it thru as 400 - a fund that oot yesterday - mind u the belters say there average gate is 400 he he bit there away support is 40 - they dinna travel weel lol onyway njoy the festive seeson brother n al pop up yin o thae seturdays at olivebank - mone a burru lol

On 19/12/2018 at 18:21, Casey Jones said:

3-2 for Spartans. Good work out for both teams.

wis that the game the ref asked fir a jobby tae b removed fae the pitch - or wis it another game lol

35 minutes ago, brycey said:

noo noo casey a wee birdie telt me that the burra had 104 at a match n pit it thru as 400 - a fund that oot yesterday - mind u the belters say there average gate is 400 he he bit there away support is 40 - they dinna travel weel lol onyway njoy the festive seeson brother n al pop up yin o thae seturdays at olivebank - mone a burru lol

You have let yourself down there brycey! A wonder who that wee birdie was and if his nose is getting bigger by the minute. Was it one of the other legends you were standing beside at the Bonnyrigg match, or someone else. You need to be careful with the drivel that was told to you! 

I missed a few early matches at start of season, but did go to the Dunbar match. Not sure why you mention the belters here! It was a roastin toastin day and I was pleasantly surprised by the size the of the crowd. 

We played Peebles a few weeks ago.  Rubbish weather conditions. As match time approached,  I thought we may not get above a crowd of 100, but fans came in at last minute and we had crowd of 130 plus at the count. I didn’t count fans at Dunbar, but 400 odd crowd would not be far out if I was to guess, when I compare the Pebbles figure.

Indeed, can you think of any  match you attended in previous years, with an attendance of 100 or so? In last 5 or so years, I can’t think of many that low.

1 hour ago, brycey said:

I’m forgetting my Ps and Qs! Wishing you all the best over the Festive period as well. I know from our conversations on football when we meet that your enjoyment is watching amateur football these days as opposed to EofS or Juniors. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and I hope you continue to get enjoyment out of your fitbaw!