Musselburgh Athletic F.C 2018/19

Good win on Saturday in the cup tie at Gala Fairydeanrovers. Outplayed them in the first half and Burgh would be disappointed that only one goal was scored by Nathan, following a good ball through by Liam.

Gala pegged us back a lot of the 2nd half. Yet, we still had the best two attempts on goal, both of which resulted in saves from the Gala keeper. 

Tough match coming up when we will play the title favourites, Penicuik, away in the league.

Always confident that Burgh can get a result each time we play so roll on Saturday 

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

Good win on Saturday in the cup tie at Gala Fairydeanrovers. Outplayed them in the first half and Burgh would be disappointed that only one goal was scored by Nathan, following a good ball through by Liam.

Gala pegged us back a lot of the 2nd half. Yet, we still had the best two attempts on goal, both of which resulted in saves from the Gala keeper. 

Tough match coming up when we will play the title favourites, Penicuik, away in the league.

Always confident that Burgh can get a result each time we play so roll on Saturday 

Good to hear that overall the result was merited. Looks like some of the folk that went down on the train had a great day out!

Penicuik will be a tough test - but at least we go through there with the tails up.

19 minutes ago, RobM said:

Think next week up at Penicuik is a cup tie?

Yeah, it is a cup tie according to the fixture list. Penicuik in the league on 6th October... We play them twice in quite quick succession.

Edited by Pete83

Don’t understand the point in putting out only your own teams goals if you film the whole match. It wouldn’t take any longer to throw all the goals into a small clip to go on social media and may even reach a larger audience and increase exposure for your sponsors etc. 

We film the matches to allow the management team to watch and take notes of what worked well during the game and what needs to be worked on in training prior to the next match to get the best possible performances and results.

The videos we upload are purely to benefit our own supporters, many of whom cannot make it to every match for their own reasons. If we uploaded a video of Dalkeith scoring five goals against us it’s not something in which our supporters would wish to see and if in fact any of them did wish to see it they know exactly who to go to and it would be supplied to them!
A lot of work goes into the videos, it might look easy just pointing and shooting, but you miss the majority of the game as you are looking through the tiny screen trying to keep up with the ball and once the games over it can take hours to edit, never mind the time it takes to save and upload videos. Not how most people spend their Saturday nights! It’s no easy task.

Our goal which was scored at Dalkeith was not uploaded as there is a slight problem with the zoom on the camera, at this particular moment the zoom was stuck in and wasn’t realised until the ball was practically in the back of the net therefore it was not uploaded because it was hard to see what had actually happened and who had scored.

Hope that clears it up for you and you can quit your moaning!!! [emoji86][emoji86][emoji86]

#MonTheBurgh

Fair enough but most teams that film games put up all the highlights/goals of each game no matter what the score is, so you can understand why some are thinking you've just spat the dummy out and not put the goals up after a 5-1 tanking. If I was a supporter I would want to see the game/goals no matter the score.

1 hour ago, Cyril said:

Fair enough but most teams that film games put up all the highlights/goals of each game no matter what the score is, so you can understand why some are thinking you've just spat the dummy out and not put the goals up after a 5-1 tanking. If I was a supporter I would want to see the game/goals no matter the score.

Fair enough! Hopefully if you are a supporter your team are one of the few who does film matches, therefore does make it public for you to see it all! Nobody has spat the dummy out, and if you are a supporter and have watched previous Musselburgh videos you would know that! As said before, Musselburgh only show the goals it shows. 

Fair enough! Hopefully if you are a supporter your team are one of the few who does film matches, therefore does make it public for you to see it all! Nobody has spat the dummy out, and if you are a supporter and have watched previous Musselburgh videos you would know that! As said before, Musselburgh only show the goals it shows. 
See if you do spit the dummy out on video..is it only the musselburgh supporter's who can see this [emoji39][emoji16]

9 minutes ago, guinness said:

See if you do spit the dummy out on video..is it only the musselburgh supporter's who can see this emoji39.pngemoji16.png

Technically everyone would see it guinness! But, I take your point it would only be the Musselburgh dummy that would be shown and not the oppositions! ☺️. However, I am sure that the Musselburgh management team would take note of this, work on it at training and ensure that improvements were made for the next match!

12 hours ago, RobM said:

Bad day at the office today.  it happens, no video highlights please .....

It was a bad day at the office Rob, but we move on!

Remember that Penicuik are a good team, finishing 2nd in the Super League last season, so were favourites for this match!

The Burgh had two clear chances to open the scoring, then for the next 20 minutes, assisted in the first two goals that Penicuik scored, and were outplayed during this period. With the score at that point being 3-0, the match was lost. 

Coming out after half time 4-0 down, at least we tightened play up. I watched Johnny Harvey’s interview after match, and he is right in saying that it is hard to match scoring in the 2nd half after scoring freely in the first half. However, it wasn’t just that Penicuik downed their rate of play, but equally Musselburgh played a lot better. 

We also had four players out, who if fit, may well have started match. But, ifs are really a waste after a match finishes.

In truth, Musselburgh’s main aim this season should be to finish in the top five this season, and reap the benefits thereafter. If we make top five and I think we will, next aim will be to finish as near to top place as we can.

Still got lots to look forward too, starting with our third league match of season, on Saturday, away to Oakley.

MTB!

Edited by Casey Jones

Excellent three points today, Mati's goal was a stonker, great work from Nathan as well.  Oakley's going to be a hard team for others to face as well, good day at the office.

Edited by RobM

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 19:51, RobM said:

Excellent three points today, Mati's goal was a stonker, great work from Nathan as well.  Oakley's going to be a hard team for others to face as well, good day at the office.

Good to hear. Struggling to get to games myself just now but I've got some free weekends coming up.

top 5 in the Conference is the goal I'd imagine and looking ok early doors. Penicuik appear very strong for this group!

5 hours ago, Pete83 said:

Good to hear. Struggling to get to games myself just now but I've got some free weekends coming up.

top 5 in the Conference is the goal I'd imagine and looking ok early doors. Penicuik appear very strong for this group!

Penicuik are definitely the team to be aware of in this division! Musselburgh’s main aim will be to finish in the top 5 - the higher the better for me. 

We've played 11 matches so far this season winning 9 of these. Both defeats have come in cup matches, beaten by better teams on the day  - Dalkeith and Penicuik. 

Tomorrow we are away again (9th time out of 12!) to Hawick Royal Albert, going for four league victories in a row.

Saturday, we are back at Olivebank where we meet Penicuik again. Hopefully the boys will give the Cookie a better match this time around.

MTB!

On 29/09/2018 at 19:51, RobM said:

Stonker is a great word Rob! Very true description as well! Nathan and Mathu teamed up brilliantly for the opening goal.

15 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Penicuik are definitely the team to be aware of in this division! Musselburgh’s main aim will be to finish in the top 5 - the higher the better for me. 

We've played 11 matches so far this season winning 9 of these. Both defeats have come in cup matches, beaten by better teams on the day  - Dalkeith and Penicuik. 

Tomorrow we are away again (9th time out of 12!) to Hawick Royal Albert, going for four league victories in a row.

Saturday, we are back at Olivebank where we meet Penicuik again. Hopefully the boys will give the Cookie a better match this time around.

MTB!

The number of away games has been pretty incredible actually and I see we've drawn Hill of Beath Hawthorn away having dispatched of Gala a few weeks back. It feels like they never play at Olivebank!

Hopefully the Burgh pick up the points on the road tonight before a real difficult challenge on Saturday.

Some result last night away to Hawick RA. The score reads as a comfortable victory for the Burgh, anyone on the forums there last night to give an account of how the lads played?