Musselburgh Athletic F.C 2018/19

Incidentally it was absolutely fatastic to see Jackie Myles back yesterday, could make a real impact for us.  Great to see him getting one of the man of the match awards as well.

Edited by RobM

6 hours ago, RobM said:

Down to Gala next and then up to Penicuik.  Good games and (no disrespect meant to Penicuik) the chance of a good day out at Gala in newish surroundings for us.  Be nice to get a couple of league games on the bounce though after all these cup ties.

Great set up doon gala way. Bar under main stand always welcoming or 5 mins in taxi from town centre.  Jump on tweedbank train from newcraighall. Sorted :guinness

20180828_194700.jpg

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 19:59, RobM said:

Pretty sure we'll have a bus organised mate.  It's a great wee ground, been there before myself and aye, the bar's fantastic.  Train's an idea though.

Do the club run buses to most away games? I assume you just need to check the social media channels to see if there is any availability to hop aboard?

5 hours ago, Pete83 said:

Do the club run buses to most away games? I assume you just need to check the social media channels to see if there is any availability to hop aboard?

1934 Club do Pete.  Easy to join and always try to get something organised for away travel whether it be travel on the team bus or organise one for the supporters depending on demand.  Ask at the gate and you'll be pointed in the right direction.

16 hours ago, RobM said:

1934 Club do Pete.  Easy to join and always try to get something organised for away travel whether it be travel on the team bus or organise one for the supporters depending on demand.  Ask at the gate and you'll be pointed in the right direction.

I might do that actually - although with other commitments I'll likely not be able to get to a game until 20th October which is away to Easthouses Lily - although it's not exactly far from home that one!

16 hours ago, RobM said:

Weirdly enough we're getting the train down this week though.

I noticed on social media, £9.40 day return from Newcraighall, 45 mins roughly on the train and then a few pubs en route - sounds like a brilliant day out actually. Do you think think we can get a result with them being a LL side?

Edited by Pete83

2 hours ago, Pete83 said:

I noticed on social media, £9.40 day return from Newcraighall, 45 mins roughly on the train and then a few pubs en route - sounds like a brilliant day out actually. Do you think think we can get a result with them being a LL side?

It'll be a tough one but it's probably not beyond us.  Good indicator of where we are.  Should be a good day out as well, kind of games you're looking forward to after the move to EoS.

Edited by RobM

33 minutes ago, RobM said:

It'll be a tough one but it's probably not beyond us.  Good indicator of where we are.  Should be a good day out as well, kind of games you're looking forward to after the move to EoS.

Hopefully get some video highlights up after a good win.... In the event of Gala Fairydean Rovers winning, I'm sure they will upload their own and I'll duly not bother watching... ;-)

Edited by Pete83

19 hours ago, RobM said:

Weirdly enough we're getting the train down this week though.

3 hours ago, Pete83 said:

I might do that actually - although with other commitments I'll likely not be able to get to a game until 20th October which is away to Easthouses Lily - although it's not exactly far from home that one!

Spurs Liverpool 1230 Watford Man U 1730 trains roughly 5 past and 35 past the hour give or take a minute or 2 up till 1935 then hourly service 35 past hour up to 2335 (last one) what's not to like :thumsup2

19 hours ago, ian44wood said:

Highlights if they don’t suffer a heavy defeat ;-)

Are you and Jaggywaggy related? 

To the best of my knowledge and memory Musselburgh do not show highlights of matches as such.

What Musselburgh do show is the build up and goals that their team scores, They do not show the opponents goals.

Following the match last week which Musselburgh beat Dunbar - the three goals that Musselburgh scored were shown at night - not the Dunbar goal.  Don't think anyone at Dunbar commented on this.

Jaggywaggy was right when he intimated that there were no goals shown following the 5-1 defeat at Dalkeith. If Musselburgh had put anything out that night it would only have been the one goal from Musselburgh. Jaggywaggy still wouldn't have seen the Dalkeith goals. So I don't see what the issue is here?! Want to see your own team's goals - hopefully one of the committee/fans will volunteer their services.

For teams such as Penicuik and Bonnyrigg to actually show highlights - that is a great service they provide! Not all teams do so.

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

Are you and Jaggywaggy related? 

To the best of my knowledge and memory Musselburgh do not show highlights of matches as such.

What Musselburgh do show is the build up and goals that their team scores, They do not show the opponents goals.

Following the match last week which Musselburgh beat Dunbar - the three goals that Musselburgh scored were shown at night - not the Dunbar goal.  Don't think anyone at Dunbar commented on this.

Jaggywaggy was right when he intimated that there were no goals shown following the 5-1 defeat at Dalkeith. If Musselburgh had put anything out that night it would only have been the one goal from Musselburgh. Jaggywaggy still wouldn't have seen the Dalkeith goals. So I don't see what the issue is here?! Want to see your own team's goals - hopefully one of the committee/fans will volunteer their services.

For teams such as Penicuik and Bonnyrigg to actually show highlights - that is a great service they provide! Not all teams do so.

Tongue and cheek banter from the Jaggywaggy lot I'm guessing - understandably so after the Burgh performance that day - hopefully the clichéd 'bad day at the office'!

Good result last weekend though and an interesting game coming up on Saturday in the cup.

16 hours ago, Pete83 said:

Tongue and cheek banter from the Jaggywaggy lot I'm guessing - understandably so after the Burgh performance that day - hopefully the clichéd 'bad day at the office'!

Good result last weekend though and an interesting game coming up on Saturday in the cup.

Yes - I wasn't able to attend the match that day and so would have loved to have seen the Dalkeith goals.  Alas it's not to be ...so I'm learning to live with my disappointment.   Oh and not related to Ianwood44 - don't even know who he is - but seems like a good guy ha ha.

2 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Don’t understand the point in putting out only your own teams goals if you film the whole match. It wouldn’t take any longer to throw all the goals into a small clip to go on social media and may even reach a larger audience and increase exposure for your sponsors etc. 

I am not the camera man so my comments are my own thoughts and not that of the team. As I have said before, good on the teams that show more than Musselburgh do. Maybe they have more time that our guy, but again, maybe our guy does other football/ committee work that others don’t so he uses the time available to him as he sees fit. I said on another media point, that the main purpose of videoing the match is so that it can be viewed by the management team and used as they see fit. I don’t think a lot of East of Scotland teams show goals/ highlights, but I stand to be corrected.  

As an a side issue, last year, I wrote a report on P&B on all the Musselburgh matches. However, this took a wee while to compile each week, and also spoilt my enjoyment of watching my team, as I spent too much time jotting down notes during the match. So, reluctantly I stopped  doing the reports. Cause of this, I appreciate whatever my committee and other fans do for my team, whatever they do!

Edited by Casey Jones