Early League Predictions

1 hour ago, Young gun said:

Well  now I know who to hate this season

We’ve only arrived and we’ve got an instant dislike of the Fake Saints.

The Dees warned us but their paranoia know no bounds

I smell Fear :lol:

Last season we had the Dees and the Harry Wraggs to contend with, and now the Helen Mirrens are joining in.  Will the bitterness towards St Johnstone ever end?

28 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Last season we had the Dees and the Harry Wraggs to contend with, and now the Helen Mirrens are joining in.  Will the bitterness towards St Johnstone ever end?

Doubt it, these teams will never achieve what we've managed over the past decade so there'll always be a jealousy now. 

St Mirren fans thinking there's any "fear" when they've got Craig Samson in goal and Alan Stubbs in the dugout though :lol:

My predictions (subject to transfers etc):

1 Celtic
2 Aberdeen
3 Rangers
4 Hibs
5 Hearts
6 Motherwell
7 Kilmarnock
8 Dundee
9 St Johnstone
10 St Mirren
11 Hamilton (win playoff)
12 Livingston

Championship:
Winner: Ross County
Playoff loser: Dundee United
Other top 4: ICT; Partick Thistle

Sent from my 9022X using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

Absolutely spot on. But the media are budget obsessed so the hard of thinking will automatically follow.

Media = budget and crowds is how the league should turn out.

Reality = results is how the league turns out.

11 hours ago, Dabslayer said:

Of course not, but I get the feeling that many Dee posters still think it's the early 1960s:blink:

I've seen us relegated twice, enter administration twice, suffer humiliating defeats at the hands of Dunfermline, Gretna, Clyde and Hamilton, so I'll be fairly content if we finish 7th or 8th. Why on earth our support seems hell-bent on a top-6 finish, a cup win and signing former internationalists, I will never know.

A section of our support even believes that relegating the worst Dundee United side in my lifetime is an achievement:thumbsdown

All I ask is 7th or 8th and no Admin.

Mate that reads like the lyrics to a country and western song   - lighten up ffs

43 minutes ago, Carlos the Jackal said:

Mate that reads like the lyrics to a country and western song   - lighten up ffs

Can't say I listen to that particular genre, but what I've posted is the truth. Steady progress, like finishing 1 or 2 places higher is good.  

Ffs PnB.

Stevie G proven to be an untapped tactical genius, GASL to spend Club 1872s share money on a 1 year contract for Peter Crouch, his 6’7” frame to tower over all the diddy defenders in the league, he bags 40 goals by Christmas, title in the done n dusted by Easter.

The other eleven? Who cares! [emoji23]

• Celtic: simple economics
  • Rangers: have got to get something right at some point
  • Aberdeen: Have money
  • Hearts: Assuming I remember to buy my lucky scarf on opening day this time
  • Saint Mirren: First Season Momentum
  • Hibs: Difficult Second Season causes Lennon to fall out with everybody
  • Motherwell: Nobody does mid table respectability quite like Motherwell
  • Livingston: First Season Momentum can only do so much
  • Saint Johnstone:  The golden era is over
  • Kilmarnock: Kris Boyd turns 35 in August
  • Dundee: Finally set up the all Dundee play off final that we all want to see
  • Hamilton: Surely it's their turn by now
Dundee to win the League Cup which will  finally replace Celtic's '86 league title as the thing that they keep going on about for the next three decades

^^^^ still hurting

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

7 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Did Partick Thistle really use their budget effectively? They were relegated this year with mostly the same players.

Liam Lindsay - transferred.; Sean Welsh - career-ending injury; Dumbuya & Osman injured/disaffected;  Booth - injured for half the season; Adam Barton - outstanding sweeper/hopeless midfielder were all regulars in the Thistle team that finished 6th  but didn't or hardly played last season.  Our increased budget was squandered on Salmon & Storey who regularly played in preference to Doolan/Erskine/Lawless.

It's an object lesson on the importance of spending your budget wisely. 

19 hours ago, Dabslayer said:

This is our fifth consecutive season in the top flight, it's number 11 for St J and I can't remember a top flight without Kilmarnock or 'Well. So it is ridiculous to think we can just magically catch up to these teams after 20 years of being a yo-yo club. 

With regards to having a larger budget than other teams, it is because Killie and PT used theirs more effectively to finish in the top 6.

19 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Season number 25 in a row for Killie.

Motherwell is even longer than that although they finished bottom and were saved by SPL stadia  rules.

Next season will be our 34th consecutive in the top flight.

Which is nice,