FAO Partick and County fans

1 hour ago, Firhill_Basin said:

Although the Star & Garter was a dump, it made an effort for Thistle fans , up until promotion. The Woodside on the otherhand I felt always just kinda put up with fans. 

They've both since done U-turns IMO. At last check, the S&G was an attempted *** shop and Thistle fans were the second priority, yet since the Woodside was sold it seemed to embrace the fans much more.

I drove by the Star the other night and it was shut. I heard it was also shut or at least closed early the day of the Livingston game.

f**k, I mind the days when Thistle fans would drink in the Royalty and even ran a bus from it. :lol: 

The Jackie Husband.   RIP.    One of the best buses going.    Kenny, Auld Alec and Big Tam were some characters. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Thistle but don’t like the franchise that is Ross County. It’s not their fans fault though, I’m sure they’re a decent bunch.

Thye also cheated us out of the next round of the cup a few seasons back.

I like Thistle but don’t like the franchise that is Ross County. It’s not their fans fault though, I’m sure they’re a decent bunch.
Thye also cheated us out of the next round of the cup a few seasons back.

Assuming you’re speaking about the 2-2 at EEP in the Scottish a couple year ago. Can just remember Dunfermline having multiple goal-line scrambles with us scoring a really dodgy pen. Return match was a stinker but somehow got ourselves through, to play Linlithgow Rose, if that’s right?

Brian Graham elbowed Talbot in the head off the ball to stop him tracking back deliberately. Despite a head knock play wasn't stopped then you ran on and got a penalty. We would've won the game without that decision imo.

Brian Graham elbowed Talbot in the head off the ball to stop him tracking back deliberately. Despite a head knock play wasn't stopped then you ran on and got a penalty. We would've won the game without that decision imo.

Here's highlights @3:10 approx

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not getting the 'franchise' comment. You'll need to explain that one 

They’re just really an experiment backed by an overspending chairman who are above the position they would be without the money.

Dingwall is tiny. Is franchise the right word? It’s a project, nothing wrong with it but you suspect it will end if McGregor pulls out. 

Dodgy refereeing in Scotland? Who’d believe it.

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

They’re just really an experiment backed by an overspending chairman who are above the position they would be without the money.

Dingwall is tiny. Is franchise the right word? It’s a project, nothing wrong with it but you suspect it will end if McGregor pulls out. 

Ross County isn't just Dingwall, it's the entire northern highlands. A significantly larger catchment area than Dunfermline actually. 

29 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Ross County isn't just Dingwall, it's the entire northern highlands. A significantly larger catchment area than Dunfermline actually. 

Ross and Cromarty is smaller than Dunfermline population and it's surrounding villages population wise actually. 

Don't particularly see how having loads of land where no one lives is an advantage but hey ho, carry on. 

Ross and Cromarty is smaller than Dunfermline population and it's surrounding villages population wise actually. 
Don't particularly see how having loads of land where no one lives is an advantage but hey ho, carry on. 

Try reading the post and then go and google the population of the Northern Highlands in comparison to Dunfermline. It’s interesting having a populationwank rather than a crowdwank. Congratulations...

Even if any of that were true, and it isn’t, that still doesn’t equate to being a “franchise”.

13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Forgive me for not watching the highlights back.  I still have enough of a vivid memory of Martin Woods watching at the half-way line, while Jackson Irvine had to try and repel every Dunfermline attack on his own, particularly for the sitter where Fox unknowingly saved with his bum.  I mind being raging at the time and don't want that to resurface again!

De Vita scored a lovely volley in an otherwise forgettable replay.

Archived