FAO Partick and County fans

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you’re not working today. You’ll be like a half shut knife staying up until 2am typing this. Shame you’ve not put this effort into updating the squad lists for the division.

17 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

f**k you guys.

Getting bored of Falkirk and United so needing to drum up some animosity.

You need a hand?

The Falkirk Fear(ties) need a hand to drive down my excellent Forum rep.

4 hours ago, MarkPockets said:

I look forward to Piracy inevitably getting bored and moving onto this thread in September

Ross County are ok in my book. You'll be left alone.

I stayed up there back in my past life. 

Auld Spanky Stewart still supporting the County?

17 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

f**k you guys.

Getting bored of Falkirk and United so needing to drum up some animosity.

I'd hold off on this for a wee while. We're both still far too apathetic following disastrous seasons.

Get back to us when the season has begun and all the misplaced optimism has returned.

13 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I’m still laughing at the seethe from the Dunfermline fans at the end of the 3-3 game in 2013.

”haud me back, haud me back”

:lol:

I have to admit, I was one of them. I absolutely lost it and was going mental, offering the fans on the pitch outside. I was genuinely utterly seething, as were folk with me (don't deny it @Chicken Wing). It must have just been the emotion of it all and the extreme goading (code; a few fannies amongst the hundreds of Partick fans on the pitch). In my younger days I got far too worked up so it was a bit of a surprise I went so mental, as I hadn't been that raging at a game for years. I'm sure I posted some stuff on here about it as well.

10 minutes after the leaving the ground we were all laughing about it and acknowledged what fannies we were.

Oh, some of my friends are adamant that the Partick fan who ran on the pitch with his baby dropped said baby. I say they're talking complete pish. Who is correct?

I also heard a dreadful rumour that The Star and Garter shut down. Is this accurate?

Oh and one of my uncles is a Partick fan. Good guy. His two brothers are Sevco fans.

I was on my stag doo on the day of the Thistle game so I was quite chuffed with a point, blissfully unaware of the seething scenes happening. 

I am though still seething that they didn't turn in the USH for a Scottish Cup game in 2008, sub human scum. 

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I also heard a dreadful rumour that The Star and Garter shut down. Is this accurate?

Oh and one of my uncles is a Partick fan. Good guy. His two brothers are Sevco fans.

It's open but I believe most of the Thistle fans who used to drink in it regularly now boycott it over some issue with the new owners and staff that I don't know enough about to comment on.

The Woodside on Maryhill Road is much improved from the last time we shared a league with Dunfermline and seems to be the busiest place for those going to the game.

The Star is still open under the new owners, but is widely boycotted by most who used to drink in there because pre-match against Rangers a couple of years back, the bar staff were openly joining in singing the Billy Boys and other sash bash nonsense with the blue vermin.

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I have to admit, I was one of them. I absolutely lost it and was going mental, offering the fans on the pitch outside. I was genuinely utterly seething, as were folk with me (don't deny it @Chicken Wing). It must have just been the emotion of it all and the extreme goading (code; a few fannies amongst the hundreds of Partick fans on the pitch). In my younger days I got far too worked up so it was a bit of a surprise I went so mental, as I hadn't been that raging at a game for years. I'm sure I posted some stuff on here about it as well.

10 minutes after the leaving the ground we were all laughing about it and acknowledged what fannies we were.

Oh, some of my friends are adamant that the Partick fan who ran on the pitch with his baby dropped said baby. I say they're talking complete pish. Who is correct?

I was one of the guys on the pitch giving you pelters. It was a shit thing to do, but it was funny at the time. I’d have been a seething mess if we were on the receiving end. I’m sure Dundee Utd fans did it to us in 1996. 

22 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It's open but I believe most of the Thistle fans who used to drink in it regularly now boycott it over some issue with the new owners and staff that I don't know enough about to comment on.

The Woodside on Maryhill Road is much improved from the last time we shared a league with Dunfermline and seems to be the busiest place for those going to the game.

It was boycotted due to the new owners encouraging and joining in with **** singing sectarian songs. Although I’ve heard it is now owned by friends of Michael - the good guy who owned it before the scumbags took over. I hope this is true as it was always our pre-match boozer of choice.

I have to admit, I was one of them. I absolutely lost it and was going mental, offering the fans on the pitch outside. I was genuinely utterly seething, as were folk with me (don't deny it [mention=46398]Chicken Wing[/mention]). It must have just been the emotion of it all and the extreme goading (code; a few fannies amongst the hundreds of Partick fans on the pitch). In my younger days I got far too worked up so it was a bit of a surprise I went so mental, as I hadn't been that raging at a game for years. I'm sure I posted some stuff on here about it as well.
No point trying to deny how much of a bunglec**t you were that day! Did you not also spill a hot cup of tea in seethe?

3 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
57 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
I have to admit, I was one of them. I absolutely lost it and was going mental, offering the fans on the pitch outside. I was genuinely utterly seething, as were folk with me (don't deny it [mention=46398]Chicken Wing[/mention]). It must have just been the emotion of it all and the extreme goading (code; a few fannies amongst the hundreds of Partick fans on the pitch). In my younger days I got far too worked up so it was a bit of a surprise I went so mental, as I hadn't been that raging at a game for years. I'm sure I posted some stuff on here about it as well.

No point trying to deny how much of a bunglec**t you were that day! Did you not also spill a hot cup of tea in seethe?

Fuckin learn how to behave. Composure.

10 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Haha! You were as well you old hoor!

And yes, I spilt tea. And I hate tea!

15 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

It was boycotted due to the new owners encouraging and joining in with **** singing sectarian songs. Although I’ve heard it is now owned by friends of Michael - the good guy who owned it before the scumbags took over. I hope this is true as it was always our pre-match boozer of choice.

I heard this too, Woodside has certainly profited from the demise of the Star and Garter. Would be good to have it back onside. 

Although the Star & Garter was a dump, it made an effort for Thistle fans , up until promotion. The Woodside on the otherhand I felt always just kinda put up with fans. 

They've both since done U-turns IMO. At last check, the S&G was an attempted *** shop and Thistle fans were the second priority, yet since the Woodside was sold it seemed to embrace the fans much more.

I drove by the Star the other night and it was shut. I heard it was also shut or at least closed early the day of the Livingston game.

f**k, I mind the days when Thistle fans would drink in the Royalty and even ran a bus from it. :lol: 

Archived