EoSFL Pub Map

7 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I'm interested by thoughts on Leith Athletic. Leith is of course replete with magnificent pubs to cover all tastes and wallets, but Peffermill 3G is nowhere near any of them.

South Edinburgh is a barren wasteland for pubs. So is the best bet here a refreshment in the centre and then venture south, or would a trip to the Sheep Heid Inn at Duddingston be viable? That's a decent 30 minute walk with promise perhaps of more swans and angry ducklings on the adventure.

Screenshot_20180618-090247_Maps.jpg

If you're willing to go that far then surely the Old Bell Inn and Swanys on Causewayside are closer? They'll be a 15 to 20 minute walk. 

If you're willing to go that far then surely the Old Bell Inn and Swanys on Causewayside are closer? They'll be a 15 to 20 minute walk. 
It's marginal. 300m less to Old Bell than to Sheep's Heid!

The Grey Horse is a mere half mile away but it's not really a destination pub is it?

I think the point here is Leith need to build a new stadium somewhere nearer The Shore.

That big wasteland outside Ocean Terminal will do fine. Those new flats are never going up are they?

It could be called the Milk & Honey Arena, to pay homage to Leith's past industry of dairy farms and Bee Movie's run at Vue Ocean Terminal.

On 11/06/2018 at 00:18, heedthebaa said:

Ok, so not as eloquently done as burnieman’s, but this is the Berwickshire rivieras finest holes

tavern......pool table, stunning views on the bay, San Miguel is quite stunning 

contented sole..... on the harbour, small  but good craic, good pin,  best scampi and chips in town 

The Fleet..... a glorious pint of T, log fire, horse racing on, even smaller than the sole, but a real mans pub

(see giacopazzis) Oblo’s, same building, more upmarket for you junior heathens, pricier but great pint. Main sponsors so the players go their aftermatch for scran

Golf club.... just 200yds above the pitch, whether they let you in, i could find out for the more posher amongst you 

1DDC672F-2730-4242-AAA9-A6F0BFC0F658.jpeg

please note that Heed will be delighted to buy all visitors a pint next season..... :guinness:ass

5 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

It's marginal. 300m less to Old Bell than to Sheep's Heid!

The Grey Horse is a mere half mile away but it's not really a destination pub is it?

I think the point here is Leith need to build a new stadium somewhere nearer The Shore.

That big wasteland outside Ocean Terminal will do fine. Those new flats are never going up are they?

It could be called the Milk & Honey Arena, to pay homage to Leith's past industry of dairy farms and Bee Movie's run at Vue Ocean Terminal.

It is if your destination is the Casualty dept of the Royal Infirmary...

Fancy not mentioning the fine establishment that is Leslie's Bar... 

Dunbar United have a bar in the ground. I've also been to the Eagle Inn on the High Street and the Mason's Arms and the West Barns Inn which are both fine if further away. 

Tyneside Tavern would be my boozer of choice in Hadyingtong- it's a wee walk from Millfield but does do a lovely pint.  I passed the Railway Bar recently where the team occasionally went back to  but it's been refurbished now and has changed its name to the Bell so can't vouch for it's decency. 

Preston Athletic- the magnificent Goth is a must. Otherwise you could probably blag your way into the RBL.

Hawick Royal Albert have a bar at the back of the stand. Which is handy.  The famous rugby pub (which was OK) the Mansfield Bar recently shut. 

22 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Dunbar United have a bar in the ground. I've also been to the Eagle Inn on the High Street and the Mason's Arms and the West Barns Inn which are both fine if further away. 

You must have stuck oot like a sare thumb in the Eagle :lol: heard the Masons is currently shut and the west barns inn is now called No5, bar at the ground was always ok 

21 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Tyneside Tavern would be my boozer of choice in Hadyingtong- it's a wee walk from Millfield but does do a lovely pint.  I passed the Railway Bar recently where the team occasionally went back to  but it's been refurbished now and has changed its name to the Bell so can't vouch for it's decency. 

Preston Athletic- the magnificent Goth is a must. Otherwise you could probably blag your way into the RBL.

Hawick Royal Albert have a bar at the back of the stand. Which is handy.  The famous rugby pub (which was OK) the Mansfield Bar recently shut. 

Would agree with those middle ones. Albert Park is a bit out of Hawick town centre but the Station must be one of the closer ones and is a rare football pub in that part of the country.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
First visit to Jeanfield on Saturday, any pubs nearby?

There are plenty of pubs about a 15 minute walk from the ground. Head along Dunkeld Road past Asda toward town.

Phone and get an emergency appointment at your GP tomorrow to get your jags before you go walking about North Muirton though.

Archived