EoSFL Pub Map

In the interests of avoiding wasting time better spent drinking than finding an establishment in the first place, I give you Blackburn as a starter  (Susan Boyle may sometimes be found in the Happy Valley).  Other contributions encouraged!

image.jpeg.e222e8d325b8cdd460473bc268450b16.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

In the interests of avoiding wasting time better spent drinking than finding an establishment in the first place, I give you Blackburn as a starter  (Susan Boyle may sometimes be found in the Happy Valley).  Other contributions encouraged!

image.jpeg.e222e8d325b8cdd460473bc268450b16.jpeg

Good luck for the season Burnie. 

Is the boozer at the traffic lights at corner of Bathgate Rd and Main St no longer?

Also spent an interesting day/night in the Golden Hind many moons ago. 

1 minute ago, Karl Berg said:

Good luck for the season Burnie. 

Is the boozer at the traffic lights at corner of Bathgate Rd and Main St no longer?

Also spent an interesting day/night in the Golden Hind many moons ago. 

Cheers.  The Turf is now a cafe these days, the Almond Inn is re-opening shortly.   The Golden Hind is long gone when the Mill (Shopping) Centre was redeveloped.

Ok, so not as eloquently done as burnieman’s, but this is the Berwickshire rivieras finest holes

tavern......pool table, stunning views on the bay, San Miguel is quite stunning 

contented sole..... on the harbour, small  but good craic, good pin,  best scampi and chips in town 

The Fleet..... a glorious pint of T, log fire, horse racing on, even smaller than the sole, but a real mans pub

(see giacopazzis) Oblo’s, same building, more upmarket for you junior heathens, pricier but great pint. Main sponsors so the players go their aftermatch for scran

Golf club.... just 200yds above the pitch, whether they let you in, i could find out for the more posher amongst you 

1DDC672F-2730-4242-AAA9-A6F0BFC0F658.jpeg

Ok, so not as eloquently done as burnieman’s, but this is the Berwickshire rivieras finest holes
tavern......pool table, stunning views on the bay, San Miguel is quite stunning 
contented sole..... on the harbour, small  but good craic, good pin,  best scampi and chips in town 
The Fleet..... a glorious pint of T, log fire, horse racing on, even smaller than the sole, but a real mans pub
(see giacopazzis) Oblo’s, same building, more upmarket for you junior heathens, pricier but great pint. Main sponsors so the players go their aftermatch for scran
Golf club.... just 200yds above the pitch, whether they let you in, i could find out for the more posher amongst you 

1DDC672F-2730-4242-AAA9-A6F0BFC0F658.thumb.jpeg.47aa5b6bd30fc33cd11d111485a90456.jpeg

Heed... Why did you write ‘Pitch’ and draw a bulked up sperm above it?

3 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

11 pubs between the station and the social club at the ground in Linlithgow.

I have the t-shirt,

camelon pub.jpg

Black Bull is closest to Dalkeith Thistle. It does a decent pint of Tennents, and on average, some local only starts on a random non-local every other hour, so time it right and you'll enjoy it.

The Harrow Hotel is where the teams go post match, and the Weatherspoons is nearby as well. Other pubs in the centre would be instantly forgotten most likely.

Local knowledge: the tap room at Cross Borders Brewery is currently held every second weekend, and if the stars align with the fixture list, that's where I'll be heading. It's an intimate affair, and probably too far to walk to game for most tastes. The beer however, is tremendous.

Screenshot_20180617-221610_Maps.jpg

9 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

This might be controversial. Golden Rule, pints, 20 minute walk along the canal, Tynecastle FC...

This type of view will await you... Screenshot_20180617-222940_Maps.jpg20180604_185816.jpg

Not that one is dismissing that the Golden Rule is a fine boozer, but isn't the Kilted Pig only a minute or two away from the ground?

19 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Not that one is dismissing that the Golden Rule is a fine boozer, but isn't the Kilted Pig only a minute or two away from the ground?

Just across road and down a bit

Yes. But the kilted pig sells "haggis cigars" and for that reason I'm out. Plus I like nothing more than walking past a clutch of swans and angry ducklings on my way to a football match. Closest is not necessarily the best.

I'm interested by thoughts on Leith Athletic. Leith is of course replete with magnificent pubs to cover all tastes and wallets, but Peffermill 3G is nowhere near any of them.

South Edinburgh is a barren wasteland for pubs. So is the best bet here a refreshment in the centre and then venture south, or would a trip to the Sheep Heid Inn at Duddingston be viable? That's a decent 30 minute walk with promise perhaps of more swans and angry ducklings on the adventure.

Screenshot_20180618-090247_Maps.jpg

Archived