Fallout 76

Dindeleux

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yeah, but I meant more in terms of storyline/quests? 

You get all the quests from terminals etc as far as I know, so won't really matter if you turn off PvP or not.  Seems no different to the Division - designed to be played in teams of 4 but I very rarely did any part of the game not on my own.

51 minutes ago, forameus said:

You get all the quests from terminals etc as far as I know, so won't really matter if you turn off PvP or not.  Seems no different to the Division - designed to be played in teams of 4 but I very rarely did any part of the game not on my own.

I was trying to find out what the quests are like, presumably theres no kind of story behind them? Is it just, "go here, bring back this" - "go here, kill that"?

I was trying to find out what the quests are like, presumably theres no kind of story behind them? Is it just, "go here, bring back this" - "go here, kill that"?
Watching some videos on YouTube there is some story/plot in the quests

I had it on pre order, so I'm going to play it anyway.  I love Fallout games, and there's no way it's going to be as bad as all those weirdos on Metacritic are making out.

Plus, I'm sure Bethesda will add more content in time.

Apparently it's just the same "mechanics" as 4, but with changes for online.

As in, selecting a weapon is still done through the pipboy, and still takes a while to scroll through to the one you want, but the game doesn't pause as you do this, so if you need to change mid-shootout, you'll be fucked.

I had it on pre order, so I'm going to play it anyway.  I love Fallout games, and there's no way it's going to be as bad as all those weirdos on Metacritic are making out.
Plus, I'm sure Bethesda will add more content in time.
Weirdoes on metacritic? Metacritic is an aggregation website. Its not a single person saying fallout 76 is garbage, its the majority of media outlets saying its garbage. If you are invested enough to have preordered it what would you care about review aggregates? You'll either play it and have a great time despite the flaws (unlikely) or you'll make the independent judgment that its not very good (more likely)

Sometimes they make videogames that are really bad. Some people judge them critically some just go "i love this series, take my money before i even know what I'm getting". Yeah the former group are just nerds, ill admit to being that but the latter group are delusional.

6 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
14 minutes ago, Mr X said:
Whats the score with mods? I dont think I could go back to playing vanilla 4

I think they are going to allow a limited number of visual mods but only you can see the effects of the mods

Cheers. Im back out again :(

Someone give me a good reason to buy this!

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:32, Crroma said:

Weirdoes on metacritic? Metacritic is an aggregation website. Its not a single person saying fallout 76 is garbage, its the majority of media outlets saying its garbage.

At the time of writing there was only one review.  I was talking about userscores, which ARE single persons.

15 hours ago, Mr X said:

Cheers. Im back out again :(

Someone give me a good reason to buy this!

The only good thing about this game is Scorchbeasts, they'll hopefully be OP in the next single player game.

I see Bethesda has released the first patch for this game which is 47gb in size! Sounds like they've rushed this out the door.

I thought Fallout 4 was a backward step in terms of the speech, karma system etc but I did still enjoy it. To me Fallout 76 has taken the worst parts of 4 and made it into a game.

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 00.08.48.png

Pretty much sums it up. Fallout 4 was a pretty dreadful game looking back, storyline didn't even touch New Vegas'

Imagine if Rockstar made a Fallout game..

1 hour ago, forameus said:

There hasn't been a game I've remembered in a while that has disappointed so much and been so universally panned as this one.  Nothing like a 47Gb update to say "we fucked this up, didn't we lads?"

I understand that games (particularly for publishers) exist to make money but I can't think of anything that's been as blatant a cash grab as this. Feels staggeringly lazy in its ambition.