Fallout 76

Dindeleux

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is this new Fallout going to be more online based or will it just be like all the other Fallout's with a huge wasteland/main mission/loads of side missions?
I think it's exclusively online, theres no npcs. Not really looked into it too much as I'm not a big fan of online games like this.

I think it's exclusively online, theres no npcs. Not really looked into it too much as I'm not a big fan of online games like this.
The gameplay videos I have seen support that. You get missions/quests from holotapes or terminals. You can't kill other players until you and they are at least level 5 and players do less damage when attacking another player until they fight back.

18 hours ago, spud131 said:
18 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:
Is this new Fallout going to be more online based or will it just be like all the other Fallout's with a huge wasteland/main mission/loads of side missions?

Yeah that's what I was dreading, I was hoping it would just be a newer version on the past Fallout's which are the greatest games ever made IMO. If this is exclusively online play I may need to dingy it :( 

Yeah that's what I was dreading, I was hoping it would just be a newer version on the past Fallout's which are the greatest games ever made IMO. If this is exclusively online play I may need to dingy it [emoji20] 
That's exactly my thoughts on it. Really hope there's a new single player fallout soon.

Really not bothered by this at all.

I think games like this need to either be quick plays or something that the geeks will invest time and effort into. The dream for the developers would be World of Warcraft level success but that's really difficult to achieve. Destiny didnt manage it despite it being a big name title from a big name developer.

I'd much rather a single player that has proper character and story development.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Really not bothered by this at all.

I think games like this need to either be quick plays or something that the geeks will invest time and effort into. The dream for the developers would be World of Warcraft level success but that's really difficult to achieve. Destiny didnt manage it despite it being a big name title from a big name developer.

I'd much rather a single player that has proper character and story development.

This. Given Skyrim online wasnt exactly a smash hit its a little bit of a surprise to see Bethesda go down this road. Maybe they think the nature of the Fallout universe will encourage co-op more than Skyrim.

Either way Im not fussed at all

I've still not been totally put off by this, but will wait to see it released and how it plays before deciding whether it's worth it.  Early reviews appear to be mixed, probably depends whether you're usually into those kinds of games.

Won't be interested in this game. Well worth releasing it due to the outrage being able to nuke your mates at will has caused though. 

Some bizarre folk in the world.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm withdrawing what little I had for it.  Watched a few gameplay videos of it and it just looks a bit meh.  Probably one of those games that if you're a proper online player with a mic and a load of pals (*sob*) then you'll probably have an alright time.  Other than that, it just looks like Fallout but a bit worse.

I got this, only played it for a few mins last night though.  

Was glad to know that you can turn the PvP option off.  I'm unsure of my feelings on the game, when I completed Fallout4 my first thought was "that would be a great multiplayer" although one of the positives of Fallout4 was that you don't get wee dicks annoying you online.

Will see how it goes.

16 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I got this, only played it for a few mins last night though.  

Was glad to know that you can turn the PvP option off.  I'm unsure of my feelings on the game, when I completed Fallout4 my first thought was "that would be a great multiplayer" although one of the positives of Fallout4 was that you don't get wee dicks annoying you online.

Will see how it goes.

So if you turn the PvP off what do you actually do?