Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

Yes 100 percent especially as the real stuff starts next week [emoji106]looking forward to it
If we play like we did today throughout the season then we will do well. The players all looked very comfortable and suited to their positions.

We are grateful to Larkhall Thistle and Blantyre Victoria for allowing us to continue our policy of letting children in free of charge to our home matches in the Sectional League Cup group stages. This is not taken for granted as the gate receipts are split between the clubs. Thank you once again. [emoji106]

If you are interested in joining the proposed Rutherglen Glencairn Walking Football club, you are invited to an open meeting at The Celsius Stadium on Thursday 9th August 2018 at 7.30pm. A representative of Walking Football Scotland will be in attendance to explain the concept to everybody.
[emoji460]️[emoji469][emoji460]️

On the eve of the new season, here's a summary of our player outs and ins over the summer :-

Out

Jack Baker (goalkeeper) (to Benburb)

Jamie Hamilton (midfielder) (to Petershill)

Sean McCall (midfielder)

Del McNab (midfielder) (to Arthurlie)

Andy Neil (defender)

Craig Palmer (defender)

Ins

Del Esplin (midfielder) (from Cumnock Juniors)

Kris Gebbie (defender) (from Cambuslang Rangers)

Stevie Kerr (defender) (from Cumbernauld Colts)

Scott McLellan (goalkeeper) (previously free agent)

Harry Mitchell (midfielder) (from Cambuslang Rangers) (was on loan to Rutherglen Glencairn u21s)

Tommy Porter (midfielder) (from Vale of Clyde)

Div Quinn (defender) (from Renfrew)

Dale Simeon (midfielder) (from Cambuslang Rangers)

Gary Whyte (goalkeeper) (from Shettleston)

Edited by glensmad

Well, it’s that time of the year again when I bring my Christmas List forward to respectfully request that Rutherglen Glencairn win the West of Scotland Cup for the first time in their illustrious history.[emoji471] Thank You.

1 minute ago, Cairn1902 said:

Well, it’s that time of the year again when I bring my Christmas List forward to respectfully request that Rutherglen Glencairn win the West of Scotland Cup for the first time in their illustrious history.emoji471.png Thank You.

You are my tip to be champions. Good luck to you all. 

Go on, I dare you Peter [emoji6]
We have a good strong squad and we are optimistic about the season ahead. But we recognise other clubs have invested well in their squads as well, so we expect every match in this new league to be as difficult and competitive as the old second tier league.