Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

Schedule now confirmed for the pre-season tournament at Kilbirnie :-

Saturday 14/7/18 - Rutherglen Glencairn v Port Glasgow Juniors - 1pm kick off

Sunday 15/7/18 - Kilbirnie Ladeside or Royal Albert v Rutherglen Glencairn - 11.30am or 1.30pm kick off

Rutherglen Glencairn are pleased to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Scott McLellan.

Scott joined the club towards the end of last season, making four appearances, and will now compete with Gary Whyte for the no.1 shirt.

Obviously I wasn't at the game today, but my moles tell me that we were the better side for most of the game until Port scored midway through the second half. We scrambled a late equaliser from what might be classed as an own goal from Kris Gebbie's shot (I'll decide from Gerry's video).

Port missed their first two penalties, while we scored our first three, and looked certain to go through. But we then missed four penalties in a row, with Port still managing to miss their first sudden death penalty and still go through.

Ah well, them's the breaks as they say, and it was only our first game. We left out players like Whyte, Donaldson, Esplin, Simeon and McKay from the starting eleven today, so perhaps they will play a big part tomorrow.

It's a pity I'll be in mid air at the time. [emoji26]