Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

1 hour ago, Terry Tibbs said:

40 goals in 36 starts this season, and 51 in 51 starts since he signed

Whitletts have only played 32 competitive games this season. Do you count pre-season and friendlies ? I don't, but Gary has scored 10 goals for us in pre-season and friendlies as well, not counted in his 53 competitive goals (including 5 in one friendly match v Arthurlie). 

Edited by glensmad

Whitletts have only played 32 competitive games this season. Do you count pre-season and friendlies ? I don't, but Gary has scored 10 goals for us in pre-season and friendlies as well, not counted in his 53 competitive goals.

I have no idea, took that off the website

1 minute ago, Terry Tibbs said:

I have no idea, took that off the website

Fair enough. It's an interesting comparison between two very good strikers. Fortunately we don't have to face Adam again this season. :) I believe the result between the two in our two matches was Forsyth 1 Smith 1.

A very frustrating afternoon for us today, and a real missed opportunity with Benburb and Rossvale both dropping points as well.

I feared the worst when McRobbie hit the underside of the bar and the ball didn't go in.

But hey, it's done and we move on to Craigmark next week. Hopefully we will have a few players back (McArdle and Smith at least, and hopefully Donaldson and Ryan Kerr as well depending on fitness).

Ten cup finals for us.

We missed rhys today big time, also jordan is a big miss team seems to lose its edge when hes not playing imo.

Darvel deserved there win today take nothing away from them was just one of those days. 

A few teams are below us are starting to find form now need to get back to winning ways asap we have lost our way the last couple of games. 

I feel the 6-week break from league matches from 5th January to last week has killed our momentum. Hopefully we can get back on track next week at home to Craigmark, as it's the same day as Rossvale v Benburb, while Cumbernauld are playing in the cup.

We missed rhys today big time, also jordan is a big miss team seems to lose its edge when hes not playing imo.
Darvel deserved there win today take nothing away from them was just one of those days. 
A few teams are below us are starting to find form now need to get back to winning ways asap we have lost our way the last couple of games. 

Totally agree,we have to find a way of getting these players back in as soon as possible.If we don't get the team settled we will find it difficult to stay where we are.Smith,Leyden,Donaldson and Kerr makes us stronger.

I feel the 6-week break from league matches from 5th January to last week has killed our momentum. Hopefully we can get back on track next week at home to Craigmark, as it's the same day as Rossvale v Benburb, while Cumbernauld are playing in the cup.

Not sure about that.Our performance against Talbot away was a good few levels above the last two weeks.

30 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Adrenaline took care of that. But then we had a 3-week break before the Arthurlie game.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

In the past few seasons  The Glens have started slowly and got better as the season has went on. The league is very tight and if they do not watch they could miss out again.

Edited by Seaside Sam

Great highlights again i thought mcrobbies shot was in and lino got it wrong  but the lassie got it spot on and your second cam shows.
Terrible goal to lose when seeing it back.

I thought the lino got it right at the time and the video confirms that. It was just a bad day for us, it happens to all teams now and again. We move on to next week, at home to Craigmark, a "must win" as Rossvale v Benburb is on at the same time.