Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

57 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It was Michael Wardrope who was in goals for Darvel that afternoon, and he had a stormer of a game with several brilliant saves. I remember him making two particularly impressive saves down low to each post in quick succession to shots which had come through a crowd of players. And of course there was his point blank save from Gormley in the last minute of stoppage time when we were all in mid air celebrating what looked like a certain winner. The penalty for Darvel was never a penalty in a million years, but hey it was two months ago so we have long since moved on.

Aye seems like it ha ha it was a stonewaller 

17 hours ago, The1andonly said:

Think it will be very close any team that can go to Tayport and win 5-1 must have something about them but then the Glens are the benchmark  team this season for everyone COYG 

Read on Tayport's website. Their worst ever home defeat in a National Competition. They got lucky it was only 5   

1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

Ha ha. It’s still a sore one eh? 

All in the past. You guys brought it up earlier in the thread and gave your opinion, so I was just giving mine.

We have had fortunate decisions in our favour as well this season, so hey ho.

All in the past. You guys brought it up earlier in the thread and gave your opinion, so I was just giving mine.
We have had fortunate decisions in our favour as well this season, so hey ho.

As you say, Peter, “decisions” balance out over a Season! (Sometimes[emoji6])

As you say, Peter, “decisions” balance out over a Season! (Sometimes[emoji6])
As you know, I don't necessarily agree with that theory, but we have had a couple of favourable decisions this season. Not ones that decided the outcome of a match though.

** Due to the adverse weather forecast for Friday night into Saturday, Rutherglen Glencairn and Rossvale have agreed with the West Region to switch our league match to Rossvale's home ground at Huntershill Community Sports Hub in Bishopbriggs. The kick off time remains at 2pm. **

59 minutes ago, glensmad said:

** Due to the adverse weather forecast for Friday night into Saturday, Rutherglen Glencairn and Rossvale have agreed with the West Region to switch our league match to Rossvale's home ground at Huntershill Community Sports Hub in Bishopbriggs. The kick off time remains at 2pm. **

Darvel Leg End isn't happy  

I'm always one to look for positives in whatever situation we're in, and with our season so far it's not hard to find them.

Today's defeat was a big disappointment, but it may well turn out to be a good thing for us. Most regular match-attending Glencairn supporters will admit that we haven't been firing on all cylinders in the last few weeks, but before today we had still managed to win our last 7 games in a row and score 36 goals in the process.

We never got going today, and Rossvale unquestionably deserved the win. A defeat now could well be a good thing for us, perhaps some of our supporters were becoming a little complacent and spoiled by what they have been watching, so the occasional poor performance and defeat just gives that reality check which reminds them how good it has been so far this season.

There's no doubt we have missed Gary Smith and Dale Simeon who have both been missing for the whole of October. They are two very big players for us, and it was good to see them both back involved today although their introduction from the bench probably came too late to influence the match.

As the gaffer said after the game today, there's no negativity at our end, it was a bad day at the office and it happens. We dust ourselves down, and we go again. If you'd offered me at the start of the season that we'd be top of the league after 12 games, I'd have bitten your hand off for it. The priority for me at the moment remains finishing in the top 3, and at the moment we're seven points clear of 4th place.

On to the West of Scotland Cup next week. Have I ever mentioned that's the only cup we've never won ? :whistle

It was a bad day for us, but we were due one. It's taken us till November to lose a league match, so we're not going to panic. We were without some big players yesterday from the starting team (Simeon, Leyden, Smith) and we lost Gebbie early in the match as well. We'll bounce back from this, as I said the result will keep everybody at the club (including the supporters) on their toes.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

It was a bad day for us, but we were due one. It's taken us till November to lose a league match, so we're not going to panic. We were without some big players yesterday from the starting team (Simeon, Leyden, Smith) and we lost Gebbie early in the match as well. We'll bounce back from this, as I said the result will keep everybody at the club (including the supporters) on their toes.

Definetly no need to panic with a strong squad like that. Never going to go the full season unbeaten. As you says keeps everyone on there toes. I've said in the past about glens patch that have cost them in seasons gone by but i reckon this squad have enough about them for that not to be the case this time 

Definetly no need to panic with a strong squad like that. Never going to go the full season unbeaten. As you says keeps everyone on there toes. I've said in the past about glens patch that have cost them in seasons gone by but i reckon this squad have enough about them for that not to be the case this time 

I agree. I remember somebody saying in the past that, to get promoted from this league, you have to go on a run of about 10 winning games in a row. Well both us and Benburb have pretty much done that from the start, so we'll see what happens from here.