Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

I don't think any Glencairn person expected that result today, we were all anticipating a really tough game. But right from the kick off we were on it, nearly creating a scoring chance after only 10 seconds.

To be 5-0 up after only 16 minutes was just unbelievable, we were just superb in that opening spell.

It's a pity we've picked up a couple of injuries to Gebbie and McGregor, but hopefully they're not too bad.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I don't think any Glencairn person expected that result today, we were all anticipating a really tough game. But right from the kick off we were on it, nearly creating a scoring chance after only 10 seconds.

To be 5-0 up after only 16 minutes was just unbelievable, we were just superb in that opening spell.

It's a pity we've picked up a couple of injuries to Gebbie and McGregor, but hopefully they're not too bad.

Glencairn to a man where at it from the start,the pressing of the ball was a joy to watch.One game at a time as they say.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Not making any excuses at all,  Glens were ruthless in exposing defensive frailties we knew were there all along. There were five enforced changes from last week including two making their first appearances and others making their first starts but really we should have still done much better.  Apart from Cumbernauld last week it was the first game against a team in this division last season, all others were promoted or relegated from last season, already looking very much like another year in this division (I hope!)

Rutherglen Glencairn confirm that they have agreed a deal with Arthurlie for the transfer of Stewart Hall. We would like to thank Stewart for his excellent service to the club over the past two seasons, making 63 appearances and scoring 6 goals. We wish Stewart well for the future.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Rutherglen Glencairn confirm that they have agreed a deal with Arthurlie for the transfer of Stewart Hall. We would like to thank Stewart for his excellent service to the club over the past two seasons, making 63 appearances and scoring 6 goals. We wish Stewart well for the future.

He obviously no ambition or he would have went to Darvel!!

Next up for us it's a short trip down the M74 to play Larkhall Thistle. Nothing will be taken for granted given the two clubs' respective league records so far this season. We will prepare fully and give every team in this league the respect they deserve, and hopefully we can keep this run going.

Former Queen's Park manager Eddie Hunter is a fairly regular visitor to our games, but he's clearly not been paying much attention to our results this season so far.

Eddie asked me near the end of the game, "When was the last time you saw The Glens score eight goals in a game ?"

He didn't expect my reply to be "Four weeks ago, and two weeks prior to that we hit nine." [emoji16]

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

Former Queen's Park manager Eddie Hunter is a fairly regular visitor to our games, but he's clearly not been paying much attention to our results this season so far.

Eddie asked me near the end of the game, "When was the last time you saw The Glens score eight goals in a game ?"

He didn't expect my reply to be "Four weeks ago, and two weeks prior to that we hit nine." emoji16.png

Being one who enjoys his football so much, you must have mixed feelings about this season pal. Great to see your team scooshing this league but it’s not the league it was with such big score lines eh?

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Being one who enjoys his football so much, you must have mixed feelings about this season pal. Great to see your team scooshing this league but it’s not the league it was with such big score lines eh?

The league must be bad because they aren’t even that good!

We're far from "scooshing" the league. We're only three points ahead, a defeat on Saturday could see us drop down to 2nd place. I said it after we beat them in a tight game on day one, but Benburb are a good side and their results have been impressive since we played them. Rossvale are still unbeaten. Cumbernauld will unquestionably be a challenger.

Yes, we've given Girvan and Kilsyth unexpected doings, but both teams had selection issues on the day, so we're not fooled.

Just now, glensmad said:

We're far from "scooshing" the league. We're only three points ahead, a defeat on Saturday could see us drop down to 2nd place. I said it after we beat them in a tight game on day one, but Benburb are a good side and their results have been impressive since we played them. Rossvale are still unbeaten. Cumbernauld will unquestionably be a challenger.

Yes, we've given Girvan and Kilsyth unexpected doings, but both teams had selection issues on the day, so we're not fooled.

Diplomatic but you take my point surely?

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:
Diplomatic but you take my point surely?

I do, but I think it's too early to make that judgement.

To say you’ll scoosh the league yes, but I’m disappointed to see these big score lines in what has been a fantastically competitive league in recent years. 

And it’s the same story across the leagues actually. Poor.

To say you’ll scoosh the league yes, but I’m disappointed to see these big score lines in what has been a fantastically competitive league in recent years. 

And it’s the same story across the leagues actually. Poor.

I did suggest a while ago that the dynamic of this league would be very different to previous seasons. Four down out of 14 was cut-throat, whereas three down out of 16 means it may not be quite as tight. It's still early days, but there have been a few strange results, like teams winning handsomely one week and then losing heavily the following week. I think the league has still to settle into a pattern, to be honest, perhaps as we move into October and November we'll get a better idea of how it compares to previous years.