Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

On reflection from Gerry's video and from going back over my notes for the match report, we actually played better yesterday than I had initially realised.

Chatting briefly after the game I thought we had under-performed a bit yesterday but still got a comfortable win, but looking back at the game again now we actually played some really good stuff at times.

Gary Smith has now got 13 goals and it's still only August. We thought his 28 goals last season would be hard to do again, but he's nearly halfway there already.

It speaks volumes about how well we've done so far this season that we're heading back up the road disappointed not to have six wins out of six.

Yes, we were undone by one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen, but in truth if we had taken just one more of the many chances we created then it wouldn't have been a factor.

Still, 16 points out of 18, still unbeaten and still top of the league. Mustn't grumble.

13 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It speaks volumes about how well we've done so far this season that we're heading back up the road disappointed not to have six wins out of six.

Yes, we were undone by one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen, but in truth if we had taken just one more of the many chances we created then it wouldn't have been a factor.

Still, 16 points out of 18, still unbeaten and still top of the league. Mustn't grumble.

The legend prob won't agree, Darvel should have won according to him no doubt

44 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Uve  lost the plot we controlled the whole game from start to finish 

it was a stonewall penalty 

Edited by Darvel legend

54 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Ffs, canny beat that pish. That’s 2 points dropped in one of your easier games.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Surely not the worst you’ve ever seen. 

It was soft but it was a penalty. Your boy was a bit naive and gave the referee a decision to make. 

Surely not the worst you’ve ever seen. 
It was soft but it was a penalty. Your boy was a bit naive and gave the referee a decision to make. 
I honestly don't think he did, it looked to me like Gebbie just cleanly took the ball off the Darvel player. But hey, it's gone now.

All this debate about  "was it a penalty". it is happening at every level, watching Match of the day and its just the same, penalties awarded for minimal contact and that's by referees who are full time officials, getting £5000 a game, never mind £50, have full time assistants, 4th and 5th officials on the touchline, VAR, goal line technology, fifty TV cameras trained on the play from every angle, and still people argue about decisions.  Its the modern game and no longer a full contact sport. In the good old days a team was lucky to get half a dozen penalties in a full season, now its unusual to have a game without at least one; and two or more is not a rareity. It does usually balance out over the course of a season but I would rather it went back to good old fashioned tackles being allowed in any part of the pitch. It won't though.

Edited by garrellburn

All this debate about  "was it a penalty".

There is absolutely no debate about this one. It wasn't a penalty, it wasn't a foul, I'm even doubtful if there was any physical contact between the players. But the referee gave a penalty. Only he can explain why. But he won't, of course, we just have to accept it and move on.

9 minutes ago, glensmad said:

There is absolutely no debate about this one. It wasn't a penalty, it wasn't a foul, I'm even doubtful if there was any physical contact between the players. But the referee gave a penalty. Only he can explain why. But he won't, of course, we just have to accept it and move on.

If it was a penalty,which I think it wasn't then he should have given the glens appeal for virtually the same incident .Glens were a little off it yesterday but should have still taken all 3 points, these things happen.