Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

A real off day for us today, despite taking an early lead we never really got going and Kilsyth deserved their win, no question.

We will dust ourselves down and go again next week, knowing that if we win we will be officially promoted.

We did deserve to win today ,an your 1st goal was at least 3 yards offside 🤣
But it begs the question how we are a very good side at home capable of beating any team in the league but away from home we are honking [emoji849]
I don't think we'll be able to tell from Gerry's camera angle as I was only about 10 yards to his right at the time, but somebody who was in line with it told me that Kilsyth's right back played Gormley onside for the first goal.

I don't think we'll be able to tell from Gerry's camera angle as I was only about 10 yards to his right at the time, but somebody who was in line with it told me that Kilsyth's right back played Gormley onside for the first goal.
Didn"t look like it to me from where i was standing or the several glens fans beside us ,but it's done now ,u play to the whistle
The assistant on that side didn't exactly cover himself in glory the full game ,and i thought the ref was a bit iffy too ,dishing out yellow cards to easily ,it was a hard fought game but never dirty .

Didn"t look like it to me from where i was standing or the several glens fans beside us ,but it's done now ,u play to the whistle
The assistant on that side didn't exactly cover himself in glory the full game ,and i thought the ref was a bit iffy too ,dishing out yellow cards to easily ,it was a hard fought game but never dirty .
Having watched the highlights, it looks like Reid plays Gormley onside for the first goal, and there were no complaints from the Kilsyth defence.

Neil looked a couple of yards offside for Kilsyth's second goal though, but it's hard to tell.

We move on...

To say I'm "over the moon" would be an understatement at the moment. [emoji16]

Eight long years in the second tier, after what happened to us in the summer of 2010, a top half of the table finish every season, and three near misses at promotion, but we've finally done it, we're back in the top league.

Hopefully this time we'll get to take the bulk of the squad that got us there, and we won't have to completely rebuild the club like we had to in 2010.

I'm absolutely delighted for everyone at the club, but particularly for the gaffer Willie Harvey, who has put more of himself into his role over the past nine years than most people realise.

Now let's see if we can get a bonus of the league title, it's Benburb's to lose as it stands, but you never know.

Job done boys, very well done. [emoji106]

Now then. [emoji846]

One potential banana skin avoided with a win tonight against a spirited St Roch's team, and suddenly Del McNab does his old team a favour and scores one of the goals for Arthurlie to beat Benburb.

Two wins away from winning the league, assuming Benburb don't turn round the 14-goal advantage we have.

Can we do it ? I'm praying we can, but I'm also taking nothing for granted. Time for calm heads.