Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

28 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

Gormleys goal looked offside I thought , penalty is without a doubt a penalty as well silly mistake from the right back though I'm sure he will learn. 10 and 8 from the vics stood out like sore thumbs tidy players.

No arguments from me, Gormley is definitely offside and we got a lucky break there. The penalty was a stick-on cert, you can see that from the reaction of the two Vics players right at the incident. 10 (McKinlay) and 8 (McKenzie) were the two players who scored for Vics, and they were clearly the best two players for the home side last Saturday, I commented on it at the time.

Those are the breaks you need when hunting the title , although I know promotion is what your after to win the league would be the cherry on the cake considering how close yous have came to promotion in recent times.

3 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

Those are the breaks you need when hunting the title , although I know promotion is what your after to win the league would be the cherry on the cake considering how close yous have came to promotion in recent times.

One game at a time.

If we are good enough to confirm finishing in the top 3, then we can look to see if we can go on and win it. But this is our 8th season in a row in this league and we've finished top half every season but haven't been good enough to get promoted, so finshing in the top 3 is priority number one meantime.

Well done to the boys today, we were absolutely ruthless and those 10 goals might turn out to be very important.

Getting closer, but still a lot of work to be done.

Three huge season-defining games ahead now.

Well done to the boys today, we were absolutely ruthless and those 10 goals might turn out to be very important.

Getting closer, but still a lot of work to be done.

Three huge season-defining games ahead now.

The Glens where terrific today.Given that the Kello keeper had some great saves it could have been a lot more.

18 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Hopefully get a good crowd next next week. About time the Rutherglen public stepped up and started coming through the gate in serious numbers.

It's not for lack of trying, I can assure you. But unfortunately transport from Rutherglen to bigger attractions is far too easy nowadays.

We have a very loyal band of supporters, most of whom come to games home and away, but unfortunately we don't have the biggest support in the world.

That was a huge win for us this afternoon, especially as we were missing so many players. We only had 11 fit first team outfield players plus two goalies, one of which is struggling as well, so in the circumstances it was a terrific result.

We're nearly there... [emoji120]

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

That was a huge win for us this afternoon, especially as we were missing so many players. We only had 10 fit first team outfield players plus two goalies, one of which is struggling as well, so in the circumstances it was a terrific result.

We're nearly there... emoji120.png

One more win for Glencairn and the Bens should do it.

That was a huge win for us this afternoon, especially as we were missing so many players. We only had 11 fit first team outfield players plus two goalies, one of which is struggling as well, so in the circumstances it was a terrific result.

We're nearly there... [emoji120]

Totally agree,squad has been stretched at times but those who have came in have stepped up to the plate and have been more than solid,McGregor,Miller,McGuire,Leyden spring to mind.