Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:
30 minutes ago, R.G.F.C said:
Great highlights again i thought mcrobbies shot was in and lino got it wrong  but the lassie got it spot on and your second cam shows.
Terrible goal to lose when seeing it back.

I thought the lino got it right at the time and the video confirms that. It was just a bad day for us, it happens to all teams now and again. We move on to next week, at home to Craigmark, a "must win" as Rossvale v Benburb is on at the same time.

Indeed it was. Maybe a bit of an over reaction from our support after yesterday myself included we have been spoiled with some of our performances this season and are we expecting it all the time now.

Was good in a way to read your report that the gaffer kept the guys in after ft. Can't fault the guys they have been superb all season and im sure they will get over the line with promotion. But you just have to look what happened to kilsyth a couple of seasons ago it shows how hard this league really is.

Indeed it was. Maybe a bit of an over reaction from our support after yesterday myself included we have been spoiled with some of our performances this season and are we expecting it all the time now.
Was good in a way to read your report that the gaffer kept the guys in after ft. Can't fault the guys they have been superb all season and im sure they will get over the line with promotion. But you just have to look what happened to kilsyth a couple of seasons ago it shows how hard this league really is.

I totally agree,you could count on one hand the amount of bad performances we have had in all competitions.I think we are capable of a good run if get back to the way we were playing at the start of the season.

Four defeats in 29 competitive games, and one of those was away to the best team in junior football. Hard to grumble.

We had a similar reaction from some supporters when we lost to Rossvale earlier in the season, and we bounced back from that ok.

As I said, let's not go overboard with the reaction to yesterday's game, bad performances and results happen. Our promotion fate is still very much in our own hands.

18 hours ago, wylieboy said:

Glensmad am sure there are a lot of teams in the league that would like to be in your position rite now we at Darvel being one of them good luck for the rest of the season

Cheers, and good luck to Darvel for the rest of the season as well. We could do with you taking points off the other promotion contenders like you did on Saturday. :thumsup2

On the chance that Saturday's result may have dented your confidence regarding your title aspirations,this is probably the appropriate time to let you know that after your early season game at the Gasworks,I suggested that Glencairn would be unlikely league winners...which,tbf,resulted in at least a coupla punters seeking out a price on them to do just that. :lol:

You're welcome. :)

7 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

On the chance that Saturday's result may have dented your confidence regarding your title aspirations,this is probably the appropriate time to let you know that after your early season game at the Gasworks,I suggested that Glencairn would be unlikely league winners...which,tbf,resulted in at least a coupla punters seeking out a price on them to do just that. :lol:

You're welcome. :)

I've said it all season.

Top three is what I want. Anything else is a bonus.

Job done for us with a bit to spare today. [emoji106]

We made heavy weather of it in the heavy weather of the first half, but Gormley's goal just before half time settled everybody down after last week's disappointment, and we played much better in the second half.

It was good to see Dale Simeon back on the score sheet as well with a couple, should have been a hat trick but a good save by the Craigmark goalie at the penalty.

On to next week now, a tough away match at Neilston who are in decent form at the moment.

watched highlights must say looked poor weather for  football but glens prevailed another couple good results should see us safely promoted  what's happened too Smith  is he injured,  or just rested ?? that's couple off  games he has  been absent now

watched highlights must say looked poor weather for  football but glens prevailed another couple good results should see us safely promoted  what's happened too Smith  is he injured,  or just rested ?? that's couple off  games he has  been absent now
Gary has a thigh injury.

• 3 weeks later...

A solid and professional job done by us today, never really in doubt from the moment Harry Mitchell put us ahead.

Good to give the goal difference a boost and five different goal scorers as well, especially with big Gary Smith still out injured.

Fixture update :-
Last week's postponed league match against Dalry Thistle has been rearranged for Saturday 11th May 2019, with kick off at The Celsius Stadium at 2pm. As things stand at the moment, that will be The Glens' last match of the season.

Top marks to the squad this afternoon for never giving up and continuing to pound the Irvine Victoria defence to get what could be a vital winner.

With several players nursing knocks and the defence stretched to the limit so much that we had to ask one of the u21s' top players to miss a semi final to play for the first team, it was a great outcome for us in the end.

Well done to the players and management today, they never chucked it and the changes of formation and tactical substitutions worked in the end.IMG_20190330_155810.jpg

Top marks to the squad this afternoon for never giving up and continuing to pound the Irvine Victoria defence to get what could be a vital winner.

With several players nursing knocks and the defence stretched to the limit so much that we had to ask one of the u21s' top players to miss a semi final to play for the first team, it was a great outcome for us in the end.

Well done to the players and management today, they never chucked it and the changes of formation and tactical substitutions worked in the end.IMG_20190330_155810.thumb.jpg.c1693629087c73633c071c60a049ef09.jpg
[/quote

Wholeheartedly agree,we are at the business end now and results are what matter.Of course we want good flowing football to go with this but starting with none of our two striker,none of the right backs ,no left back,we stuck at it.I think this result could be one of the most important of the season.Well done to all at the club,even those who got lost!!Also credit to the boy McGregor who has been in,out,left and right and kept at playing really well.