Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

That was a frustrating afternoon again for us. We didn't play well at all in the first half, but we should still have scored at least two goals with the chances we created.

We were much much better second half and had the ball in the net three times, unfortunately only one counted. Gerry's video will hopefully tell all, there didn't look much wrong with either disallowed goal.

We have really missed Jordan Leyden in the past month, fortunately he will be back soon, along with Gebbie, Esplin, Stevie Kerr and a fully fit Smith. All huge players for us and big players to miss today.

9 hours ago, rutherglen glencairn said:

Highlights of the game against Neilston

https://youtu.be/G_JfoynTOG8

Cracking highlights again.

For the 2 goals disallowed ur last replay from the stand shows he was onside for the 1st.

The 2nd ur replay from behind the goal shows maybe i think its mcgregor may have fouled the keeper before kerr put it in. Very soft but the ref had a good view of it.

Looking forward to  the top 2 clash next week hopefully dels back in midfield missed him badly.

In my opinion it was never a foul on the Keeper look at his reaction and that of his team mates not one of them has claimed and if you look at their body movement they think its a goal as for the offside very disappointed as I was on line with it and Harry was never offside 
Neilston substitute Alan Frizzell came over towards us straight after the 2nd disallowed goal, looked over to us and volunteered the comment, "I think we got away with that one." That sums up what the Neilston players thought about it.

5 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

You that desperate for attention ?

It was a genuine question to which I got a satisfactory answer to at the time which was days ago.

It looks like you’re the one looking for the attention. 

You have been on numerous times since this quote yet you pick it up today.

An exciting few weeks lie ahead in the New Year, with an away league match against Kilsyth Rangers sandwiched in between cup ties against Kilbirnie Ladeside and Blantyre Victoria or Auchinleck Talbot.

One game at a time, though, and our full focus is on an enormous game tomorrow away to top of the table Benburb.

I was quietly confident of a win today having seen the training session on Monday night and how we were approaching this game. I didn't expect 6-0 though, that was a fantastic performance by our guys today.

And we have Gebbie, Leyden, MacBeth and Mitchell all still to add to today's squad, all of them coming back very soon, possibly in Monday night's friendly.

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I was quietly confident of a win today having seen the training session on Monday night and how we were approaching this game. I didn't expect 6-0 though, that was a fantastic performance by our guys today.

And we have Gebbie, Leyden, MacBeth and Mitchell all still to add to today's squad, all of them coming back very soon, possibly in Monday night's friendly.

That was a terrific team performance today in horrible conditions.Great credit to the squad, management and fans today.

23 minutes ago, Cairn1902 said:

Let’s hope the “moaners” get on board, and GIVE credit where it is, definitely, due!

I'm pretty sure I know where you are coming from,but if you think  supporters  just pop along,pay there money  and watch in silence without monaning,shouting cheering,laughing then what's the point!!

I'm pretty sure I know where you are coming from,but if you think  supporters  just pop along,pay there money  and watch in silence without monaning,shouting cheering,laughing then what's the point!!
To be fair, though, he has a point. The "shocking" brigade are only too happy to jump on the slightest error on the pitch, even when we're winning 6-0 away to the league leaders. [emoji849]