Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

Another great result for us today, keeping the momentum going. I was flying home during the game, so it was good news to land to. Looking forward to Gerry's video.

Glens pretty much dominated this game with the exception of a 10 min spell after the equaliser.A really good performance on a pitch that didn't lend us to play out normal game.

A word of praise for Liam Gormley. He has had to be patient and wait for his chance due to Gary Smith's brilliant early season form (17 goals in 9 starts). Big Gary went away for the September holiday weekend and Liam has grabbed his opportunity with both hands, scoring 8 goals in 4 games (11 goals in 6 starts overall), and now big Gary is the one having to wait his turn.

Harry Mitchell has similarly impressed since coming in for Dale Simeon who will be back from holiday next week.

Great options for us to have.

Yesterday was a terrific day out for the club and really pulled the players and supporters together even more after what has been a great start to the season.

We have achieved nothing yet though, and it's heads down and serious training this midweek ahead of what will be a huge test against a very good Rossvale side on Saturday.

Yesterday was a terrific day out for the club and really pulled the players and supporters together even more after what has been a great start to the season.

We have achieved nothing yet though, and it's heads down and serious training this midweek ahead of what will be a huge test against a very good Rossvale side on Saturday.

Rossvale will be the bench mark for this season.This will be a true test of where the Glens are.Only the strongest 11 available will good enough in my opinion,should be a good game..

...the Glens are the benchmark  team this season for everyone COYG 

Benburb will have other thoughts about that. They are level on points with us, remember. They are a very good side, as are Rossvale. This will be a big big test for us on Saturday, but the management will have the squad ready for the challenge.

That’s us a third of the way through the league and thought I would throw in my tuppance worth

Benburb are looking great.  They lost an early goal against Darvel and then dominated them to an extent that no other team has in the league this season and their results since then have been great  

Rutherglen huffed and puffed against the same opposition but looking at all their other results I think this was a one off and they look favourites to me  

However, Rossvale will challenge for the top spot as they are a right good team. and have the added bonus along with Benburb of their pitch being available when others are off. 

Think the title will be beteeen those three and my guess is Rutherglen, Benburb and Rossvale in that order. 

Edited by Viewparker

1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

That’s us a third of the way through the league and thought I would throw in my tuppance worth

Benburb are looking great.  They lost an early goal against Darvel and then dominated them to an extent that no other team has in the league this season and their results since then have been great  

Rutherglen huffed and puffed against the same opposition but looking at all their other results I think this was a one off and they look favourites to me  

However, Rossvale will challenge for the top spot as they are a right good team. and have the added bonus along with Benburb of their pitch being available when others are off. 

Think the title will be beteeen those three and my guess is Rutherglen, Benburb and Rossvale in that order. 

I agree with that but still think we can get in the mix 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

I agree with that but still think we can get in the mix 

The performance on Saturday was one of the best this season, great character and I must say we looked really fit and I think that must be down to the management team. 

I hope your right but our terrible start might leave us just a bit short. 

1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

I was at that game and I felt that if it had not been for your stand in goalkeeper on the day I think Glencairn would have won convincingly and before you jump down my throat its is only my opinion and that is what makes the game of football so magical and just to be a little controversial felt Glens should have had a penalty, and most of your supporters agreed that your penalty was a tad fortunate . Looking forward to you comments .    

2 minutes ago, The1andonly said:

I was at that game and I felt that if it had not been for your stand in goalkeeper on the day I think Glencairn would have won convincingly and before you jump down my throat its is only my opinion and that is what makes the game of football so magical and just to be a little controversial felt Glens should have had a penalty, and most of your supporters agreed that your penalty was a tad fortunate . Looking forward to you comments .    

Only thing I disagree with is that your player gave the ref a decision to make and once that happens someone is not going to like it. I liked it. 

I tipped Rutherglen to win the league before a ball was kicked, your forward thinking players have lots of goals in them  much more than any other team and it’s that quality that will keep you on top  

btw you should see out full time keeper, he is a class act and has kept us in quite a few games. 

24 minutes ago, The1andonly said:

glencairn are best team we have played this season but remember we were a team just knitting together at that point of the season and the new gaffer seems to have installed the winning mentality  and i honestly think we will come and beat u up there but ive been wrong before , i think our start will  stop us going up, just ,  and we will finish 4th 

It was Michael Wardrope who was in goals for Darvel that afternoon, and he had a stormer of a game with several brilliant saves. I remember him making two particularly impressive saves down low to each post in quick succession to shots which had come through a crowd of players. And of course there was his point blank save from Gormley in the last minute of stoppage time when we were all in mid air celebrating what looked like a certain winner. The penalty for Darvel was never a penalty in a million years, but hey it was two months ago so we have long since moved on.