Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

Winning when you're not at your best is the mark of a good team, and that's what we did today. We were far from the standards we have set this season so far, but we got the job done.

Smith and McKay were big players missing today, but it was the players who came in for them (Gormley and Mitchell) who scored all the goals, so that's pleasing.

It's great to have 25 points on the board before the end of September, and we can have a wee break from league business now with the Scottish Junior Cup next weekend.

One 9 
two 8s
and a 6. 
You guys have more firepower than any other team in the division  
Keep it up and my tip for the top will win me a few bob. 
Yet one or two of the supporters continue to criticise at every opportunity. One of them called the team "shocking" to their faces as they came out for the second half yesterday (2-1 ahead at the time as well). Fortunately he got it back both barrels.

Yet one or two of the supporters continue to criticise at every opportunity. One of them called the team "shocking" to their faces as they came out for the second half yesterday (2-1 ahead at the time as well). Fortunately he got it back both barrels.

Glad to hear that the Player(s) spoke back. I cannot understand their viewpoint at all. The Glens are unbeaten in the League! These “supporters” should take a leaf out of Larkhall Th supporters book. Not having a great Season, but they admire the fact that the players never give up in the face of some heavy defeats. I’m sure in time the Larkhall Payers will pay back their supporters faith in them.

Glad to hear that the Player(s) spoke back. I cannot understand their viewpoint at all. The Glens are unbeaten in the League! These “supporters” should take a leaf out of Larkhall Th supporters book. Not having a great Season, but they admire the fact that the players never give up in the face of some heavy defeats. I’m sure in time the Larkhall Payers will pay back their supporters faith in them.
That's football for you,there is always one or two who are never happy,a win is a win whether it's good or ugly,you guys have a good side there

On 9/23/2018 at 12:25, glensmad said:
On 9/23/2018 at 10:35, Viewparker said:
One 9 
two 8s
and a 6. 
You guys have more firepower than any other team in the division  
Keep it up and my tip for the top will win me a few bob. 

Surprised that Wullie Harvey letting that happen not normally the type to let his players take abuse from anyone even if it is their own supporters 

Just now, glensmad said:
49 minutes ago, The1andonly said:
Surprised that Wullie Harvey letting that happen not normally the type to let his players take abuse from anyone even if it is their own supporters 

The gaffer wasn't there on Saturday, he was away at a family gathering.

In that case I would say the supporter is a very lucky man this Saturday could be interesting 

9 hours ago, iPhone said:

Whitletts scored 12 in one game, beat that this season.

There have been a lot of big scores already this season, I don't take them as being a measure of how good the winning sides are, more a reflection of how poor the opposition has been on the day. And I am saying that with us being one of the sides that Glencairn beat heavily. We were very much understrength that day but it should not have happened just the same. A lot of teams have been very much up and down, it did not happen to the same extent  a few years back, junior football was much more competitive ten, twenty years back. Now realistically there are only about six teams with a chance of winning the Scottish cup.

I am actually now looking forward to the end of the juniors, it is no fun watching it die a slow death.