Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

30 minutes ago, Mine Man said:

If it was a penalty,which I think it wasn't then he should have given the glens appeal for virtually the same incident .Glens were a little off it yesterday but should have still taken all 3 points, these things happen.

I still think when the keeper came out and took the darvel striker out that was a deffienetly penalty the one that was given was not imo 

If it was a penalty,which I think it wasn't then he should have given the glens appeal for virtually the same incident .Glens were a little off it yesterday but should have still taken all 3 points, these things happen.
Yes, and Michael Wardrope was brilliant in goals for Darvel, saved them from being a few goals down at the interval and another great save in the 2nd minute of added time.

14 hours ago, glensmad said:
  •  
On 01/09/2018 at 16:12, glensmad said:

It speaks volumes about how well we've done so far this season that we're heading back up the road disappointed not to have six wins out of six.

Yes, we were undone by one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen, but in truth if we had taken just one more of the many chances we created then it wouldn't have been a factor.

Still, 16 points out of 18, still unbeaten and still top of the league. Mustn't grumble.

Surely not the worst you’ve ever seen. 

It was soft but it was a penalty. Your boy was a bit naive and gave the referee a decision to make.

There is absolutely no debate about this one. It wasn't a penalty, it wasn't a foul, I'm even doubtful if there was any physical contact between the players. But the referee gave a penalty. Only he can explain why. But he won't, of course, we just have to accept it and move on.

Viewparker says it was; you say it wasn't. Isn't that debate?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Cursing like a navvy dosn't make him brilliant. A very cheap way to get a laugh.

At no point did I say ‘ cursing like a navvy’ made him brilliant. I said he’s a good speaker. The cursing is more a heads up to what to expect from him 🤨

Garrellburn, if you think cursing is a very cheap way to get a laugh [emoji848] I’m guessing a lads night out isn’t for you. Unfortunately it is what it is when you have a room full of testosterone.

Some debates about penalties go on for weeks here. I'm very disappointed that you've given in so easily.
We can't change what happened, we want a full focus on Saturday now. The next game is always more important than the one that is in the past.

45 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

At no point did I say ‘ cursing like a navvy’ made him brilliant. I said he’s a good speaker. The cursing is more a heads up to what to expect from him 

Garrellburn, if you think cursing is a very cheap way to get a laugh  I’m guessing a lads night out isn’t for you. Unfortunately it is what it is when you have a room full of testosterone.

So no women allowed? 19th century attitude using a 21st century platform to promote it. . 

You have a narrow enough customer base as it is.  Surely you should be putting on entertainment that appeals to both sex’s. That way you could double your numbers. 

So no women allowed? 19th century attitude using a 21st century platform to promote it. . 

You have a narrow enough customer base as it is.  Surely you should be putting on entertainment that appeals to both sex’s. That way you could double your numbers. 

It’s nothing to do with my club. ( Glenafton) but nights like this is usually centre on lads nights, I’ve attended many of these speaker nights and have yet to see a female in attendance ( other than the bar staff and waitresses

It’s “ usually “ a three course dinner followed by the speakers. It’s always a fun night [emoji6]

Edit. :- speaker nights are usually held at the end of season ( ones I’ve attended) and it’s player of the year award and so on.

Nobody said that women are not allowed.

6 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

It’s nothing to do with my club. ( Glenafton) but nights like this is usually centre on lads nights, I’ve attended many of these speaker nights and have yet to see a female in attendance ( other than the bar staff and waitresses
It’s “ usually “ a three course dinner followed by the speakers. It’s always a fun night emoji6.png

My apologies. 

55 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Rutherglen Glencairn have agreed listen to offers for defender/midfielder Stewart Hall, who has been made available for transfer by mutual consent.

That mutual consent seems to put a lot of players up for transfer, who does he think he is?