Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

McCabe sent off again ?
Yes, last man challenge for chopping down Esplin. He thought he was taking one for the team by stopping a goal, but he'd have been as well letting Esplin through to score and staying on the park, as Smith scored the winner from the free kick.

There was no guarantee that he would score, his freekick just before halftime half was wide of the left hand post
McCabe did the right thing in my opinion, not that you’ll agree Peter [emoji6]
Law of averages. He just missed with the first one, so.... [emoji16]

Next up for us is next Saturday at home v Arthurlie, our first league match against 'Lie since May 2011 when Joe Andrew scored a wonder goal from the halfway line.

That was one of only two wins for us in the league that season, our only season in the Super Premier League, when Willie Harvey had to throw a squad together from nothing in the middle of the summer.

I expect another really tough game, with Del McNab and Jamie Docherty looking to get one over their old teams, Docherty having scored regularly against us since leaving including a hat trick for Renfrew on the first day of the league season last year.

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Next up for us is next Saturday at home v Arthurlie, our first league match against 'Lie since May 2011 when Joe Andrew scored a wonder goal from the halfway line.

That was one of only two wins for us in the league that season, our only season in the Super Premier League, when Willie Harvey had to throw a squad together from nothing in the middle of the summer.

I expect another really tough game, with Del McNab and Jamie Docherty looking to get one over their old teams, Docherty having scored regularly against us since leaving including a hat trick for Renfrew on the first day of the league season last year.

Yous are far to good for Arthurlie. Play like yous can nd yous will win by at least 3. Get complacent and it could be all different 

Yous are far to good for Arthurlie. Play like yous can nd yous will win by at least 3. Get complacent and it could be all different 
We will be taking nothing for granted, I don't think we have earned the right to be complacent against any team. We have made a good start, that's all. Every point has to be fought for in this league.

Cant see complacency setting in this season. Glens looking on form
The management team won't let complacency set in. Plus our squad is strong so the players all know they have to keep performing to stay in the team. Jordan Leyden wasn't even stripped on Saturday, and players like Craig McGregor, Harry Mitchell, Liam Gormley and Sean McGuire haven't been able to get in the starting team yet. I would be happy to have any of them in my starting XI.

But I reiterate, we shouldn't even be talking about complacency after only 4 games. We're only 3 points ahead of dropping down to 4th place. It's way too early for that kind of talk.

Jim O'Donnell's coverage of Saturday's match was pretty fullsome, a full page in the Evening Times no less. Interesting to see him refer to our supposed "little and large" striker pairing of McKay and Smith. How very 2017-18. [emoji16] Those two haven't played as a front pairing yet this season, but hey ho. It was good to get a win in front of our ex player Jim, we usually lose when he arrives. [emoji106]

13 hours ago, glensmad said:

Jim O'Donnell's coverage of Saturday's match was pretty fullsome, a full page in the Evening Times no less. Interesting to see him refer to our supposed "little and large" striker pairing of McKay and Smith. How very 2017-18. emoji16.png Those two haven't played as a front pairing yet this season, but hey ho. It was good to get a win in front of our ex player Jim, we usually lose when he arrives. emoji106.png

Do you know if there's an internet link to Jim's piece Peter? Didn't get a Times yesterday and can't find anything on the Evening Times website.

Do you know if there's an internet link to Jim's piece Peter? Didn't get a Times yesterday and can't find anything on the Evening Times website.
The Juniors piece in the paper rarely finds it's way online these days. Last Junior story on the website is from 12th August.

Hi,Peter,my turn. Just wanted to congratulate you on getting promotion at last,it appears that the our ex players have helped get you over the line,hopefully we will still be there to get some derby games as we are looking quite strong despite recent results.Speak to you again when p&b lets me post again

Hi,Peter,my turn. Just wanted to congratulate you on getting promotion at last,it appears that the our ex players have helped get you over the line,hopefully we will still be there to get some derby games as we are looking quite strong despite recent results.Speak to you again when p&b lets me post again

I see that the Cambuslang Social Services cafè closed early today.