Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

7 minutes ago, TQ1910 said:

Thought yous were really good last night boy Harry is a class act will have a cracking future if he continues way has going best player on park last night imo

Yes, young Harry is going to be a cracker. He took his goal really well last night, and he was the architect of the 2nd goal with his cross to Simeon which I've described in my match report as "delicious". Simeon was the best player on the park for me though, he was at the heart of most of our attacks.

We didn't play as well as we did on Saturday, but we got the win and it was encouraging to see the depth of the squad with nine changes. The shape of the team and the style of play remained the same. I expect the team to be mixed up between the last two games for tomorrow night's group decider at East Kilbride, and then we'll unquestionably be running with the current 1st choice available team for the start of the league matches on Saturday.

Agree yous didn't play as fluently as you did on Sat but think that had a lot to do with opposition last night compared to Saturday no disrespect to larkhall but there lack of junior experience showed massively but 2 games 2 wins job done so far [emoji106]

Just for clarification, despite the headline on the back of today's Rutherglen Reformer saying "Camby and Glens go through in cup", neither side have yet qualified for the knockout stages. Both sides require at least a point from tonight's matches to secure their places in the next round.

Having said that, well done to East Kilbride Thistle for winning the group unbeaten.

We left out Whyte, Gebbie, Kerr, Kerr, Esplin, Fraser, Simeon, Leyden and Smith, all with a view to Saturday, and we paid the penalty for not picking a team that was strong enough to get at least the point we needed.

We move on, lesson learned, and perhaps (as I said earlier) a timely reality check for us.

On 01/08/2018 at 12:00, TheNauld said:

I’ll be very surprised if Glencairn aren’t odds on for the league

Yous and glencairn blew an opportunity last season. A possible 6 teams had chance to get promoted and neither of you could go up. So why would glencairn be favourites for the league?

Yous and glencairn blew an opportunity last season. A possible 6 teams had chance to get promoted and neither of you could go up. So why would glencairn be favourites for the league?

Quite simple really, they’ve made some quality signings to join an already good squad, plus I don’t think the standard will be as high as it was last season with the clubs that were promoted. I do agree that we blew an excellent opportunity last season