Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

To be fair, Simeon wasn't brought in to replace Hamilton, as Simeon was signed and announced before Hamilton decided to sign for Petershill. Jamie had an offer to stay with Glencairn which he took a couple of weeks to consider.

On 19/06/2018 at 23:27, glensmad said:
On 19/06/2018 at 23:02, king Henrik7 said:

Don’t think the financial side of it would have been much different from cambuslang or peasys

I don't know about what Peasy had to offer, but we don't pay even remotely close to what Cambuslang are rumoured to offer.

I think we both know now that is false don’t we.

FFS the season hasn’t even started and we are on page 4 of this!! Peter if your team was half as good as you are at promoting them on here you would win the league and cup double every year :-)
That's my job. [emoji6]

Hamilton was a good player on his day but his days where few and far between unfortunately
That's a little bit harsh in my opinion. The way JamHam plays means he is an impact player, he makes things happen with flashes of brilliance. Yes, it didn't happen every week and perhaps not as often as we'd hoped, but to say it was "few and far between" is a little unfair.

That's a little bit harsh in my opinion. The way JamHam plays means he is an impact player, he makes things happen with flashes of brilliance. Yes, it didn't happen every week and perhaps not as often as we'd hoped, but to say it was "few and far between" is a little unfair.

That can be the case when a player leaves a club, with some fans saying he wasn’t that good, instead of just wishing them well

My point is if u told me he was off this time last year i would be gutted but this season his form was hot and cold mostly cold in 2nd half off the season

Ive always thought he was a good player and a joy to watch at times

My point is if u told me he was off this time last year i would be gutted but this season his form was hot and cold mostly cold in 2nd half off the season

Ive always thought he was a good player and a joy to watch at times
Jamie only started 21 out of our 39 games last season. He certainly had a dip in form mid season, but his attitude and form towards the end of the season was spot on. But we have moved on now and, as I said earlier, I'm more than happy with the midfield options we have got now.

Rutherglen Glencairn are pleased to confirm two further new additions to the squad for season 2018-19 :-

Del Esplin (midfielder) (27 years old)

The club are delighted to welcome Del home to The Celsius Stadium after three seasons at Cumnock Juniors. Having previously spent three seasons in Glencairn's Under 21 side, during which he captained the team to a trophy Treble in season 2012-13, Del stepped up to Glencairn's first team squad where he immediately established himself as an automatic starter in the centre of midfield. Del spent two years with the first team at Glencairn and made 59 starting appearances, with 3 substitute appearances also, scoring 8 goals.

Del lives in Cambuslang and was keen to move to a club closer to home for the new season. Having originally signed for Glenafton Athletic for the new season, Del recently had a change of heart, and he commented, "I'm really grateful to the people at Glenafton for being so understanding and co-operative. I need to be playing closer to home at the moment, and Glencairn is where my u21 and junior career started, so I obviously have an affection for the club. I'm just delighted the two clubs were able to sort it out very quickly and amicably."

Del also rejected the approaches of five other Premiership sides and one from the East of Scotland senior league for his services, including sides close to his home, preferring instead to return to Glencairn to play in the new West Region Championship.

Kris Gebbie (defender) (24 years old)

Having been captain at Cambuslang Rangers for the first half of season 2017-18, Kris beomes the third player to join Glencairn from Somervell Park this summer, following the arrival of midfielders Dale Simeon and Harry Mitchell. Kris is a right back or central defender who can also play in midfield.

Kris was part of the Cambuslang squad who won the Central District League championship in season 2016-17, followed by promotion to the top league at the end of 2017-18. However, Kris has also chosen to make the move along the road to Rutherglen to play in the new West Region Championship for season 2018-19.

Prior to Cambuslang Rangers, Kris spent two seasons in the Lowland League with East Kilbride FC and BSC Glasgow, having previously spent five years in the youth system at Queen's Park.

Del Esplin.jpg

Kris Gebbie.jpg