Rutherglen Glencairn 2018-19

glensmad

Rutherglen Glencairn FC are delighted to confirm the following new signings for season 2018-19 :-

Dale Simeon (midfielder) (23 years old)

Dale is an influentual and creative attacking midfielder with an keen eye for scoring goals. Having just won Player of the Year for the second year in a row at Cambuslang Rangers, Dale has rejected the chance to play West Region Premiership football with Cambuslang and a number of other clubs who were keen to secure his signature, choosing instead to move just along the road and return home to Glencairn, where he was originally a product of the club's under 21 side.

After leaving Rutherglen in the summer of 2014, Dale moved to Tower Hearts u21s where he played a pivotal role as they won the West of Scotland U21 Premier League. When his time as an u21 player ended, Dale joined Cambuslang in the summer of 2016, where he proved to be just as influential by winning the Central District League championship, followed by further promotion with a 2nd place finish in this season's Super League Division One.

Gary Whyte (goalkeeper) (23 years old)

Gary joins up at The Celsius Stadium after catching the eye of several clubs with his performances for Shettleston last season. Gary previously spent two seasons as a youth player at St Mirren before three seasons at Shotts Bon Accord. Gary is now an experienced junior goalkeeper despite his relatively young age, and the club are very pleased to have secured his services.

Stephen Kerr (defender) (23 years old)

Stevie is a tall and aggressive central defender, and joins the club from Lowland League side Cumbernauld Colts. Stevie was also a member of the same successful Tower Hearts u21s along with Dale Simeon and current 1st team coach George Fotheringham.

David Quinn (defender) (23 years old)

David (or "Div" as he likes to be called) is also a player returning to the club, another former product of Glencairn's under 21 side. Div won the Scottish Cup with the Under 21s in season 2016-17 before moving on to Renfrew Juniors last summer. Div is a local boy, living all of his life in the Burnhill Estate next to the stadium, and has also had spells with Rutherglen Vogue amateurs, Maryhill Juniors and two years as a youth player at Aberdeen.

Harry Mitchell (winger) (21 years old)

Harry steps up to the first team squad after eight months with Glencairn Under 21s, where he was on loan from Cambuslang Rangers. Harry also spent two seasons on the books of East Kilbride FC, as well as youth spells with Clyde Boys Club and Celtic Community Academy.

Tommy Porter (midfielder) (22 years old)

Another player from the successful Tower Hearts u21s team of recent seasons, Tommy, who also spent a year with Clyde, is a midfielder who spent last season earning junior football experience with Vale of Clyde.

Dale.jpg

Simeon?! That's some coup for you lads, well done. Last I heard he was on Queens Park radar. Why did he decide to leave Somerville after being such a pivotal player and the chance of having a crack at top league?

Simeon?! That's some coup for you lads, well done. Last I heard he was on Queens Park radar. Why did he decide to leave Somerville after being such a pivotal player and the chance of having a crack at top league?
When a big team comes calling....
????

17 players confirmed so far, not bad going for mid June.

Hopefully that means we can start off pre-season with a settled squad and make a good start this season, as our slow starts have been our achilles heel in recent times.

17 players confirmed so far, not bad going for mid June.
Hopefully that means we can start off pre-season with a settled squad and make a good start this season, as our slow starts have been our achilles heel in recent times.

Lang will be along shortly to say you usually have the biggest squad in the juniors [emoji23]

9 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

Lang will be along shortly to say you usually have the biggest squad in the juniors emoji23.png

No doubt, he spends more time and posts more on this thread than on his own team's thread.

We take his obsession as a compliment.

Some decent business done early doors by the Glens...haven’t seen young Harry Mitchell for a few seasons but he certainly was quite a prospect!
I've heard some really good reports about Harry, so it'll be interesting to see how he fits in as probably the youngest member of the squad. I think I've only seen him play twice for our u21s but I could see a spark there, and by reports I've heard he's been a big influence in our u21s since coming on loan from Cambuslang last November.

Lang will be along shortly to say you usually have the biggest squad in the juniors [emoji23]
Biggest isn't necessarily best!
Not commenting as much as normal due to problems getting on the site,but don't worry I do still love you,despite signing Dale!

He wasn’t enjoying his time at Cambuslang plus the fact that George is a coach at Glencairn made it easy to go there.