Shettleston vs neilston playoff chat

combineharvester

Can't believe Shettleston are 1 game away from relegation. I'm sure their owner/manager said last years team that was 2 games away from promotion, was the worst he had ever seen!!! Must be a right unlucky lot now if there better than the team that fought most of the season to get promoted..... 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't believe Shettleston are 1 game away from relegation. I'm sure their owner/manager said last years team that was 2 games away from promotion, was the worst he had ever seen!!! Must be a right unlucky lot now if there better than the team that fought most of the season to get promoted..... 
I wonder if the owner will sack the manager if they get relegated. Oh, wait a minute...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

The team have been terrible for the last 6 months. Their disciplinary record is shocking with some players being sent of on three separate occasions along with an inability to score goals that has left them in dire straights.  In the last 6 weeks you would think they had chucked it completely in an attempt to lure their play off opponents into a false sense of security. In one game they played 4 or 5 under 21s and took a real hammering. It’s a wee bit of a shambles. 

I feel they should’ve won 2-1 last night if it weren’t for some splendid goalkeeping from Neilston’s GK. 

The tie is only at HT and I think no matter Neilston’s goal it’s still wide open. 

12 minutes ago, TugW said:

I feel they should’ve won 2-1 last night if it weren’t for some splendid goalkeeping from Neilston’s GK. 

The tie is only at HT and I think no matter Neilston’s goal it’s still wide open. 

To be fair that could've been the case both ways.  The keeper Shettleston had from Tower Hearts made some key saves too.

1 minute ago, Brig O'Lea said:

To be fair that could've been the case both ways.  The keeper Shettleston had from Tower Hearts made some key saves too.

According to  shettleston Twitter  should hv been a lot more if it wasn’t for shetto goalie 

both goalies had cracking games 

3 minutes ago, Brig O'Lea said:

I agree with you on that. The second save towards the end of the game was breathtaking. However, it’s the 6 months before that has left them having to go and challenge a stuffy team who have momentum on their side. 

1 minute ago, combineharvester said:

One of best moments of game and perhaps full juniors season was the shettleston physio losing the rag at the redf running on throwing has wee hat then picking it up and throwing it again 

whole  stadium was howling

Sav falling was up there too ;)

16 hours ago, glensmad said:

I wonder if the owner will sack the manager if they get relegated. Oh, wait a minute...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Lol. 

Maybe the committee will get together and see that from April 17 the team has went downhill and become a bit embarrassing.

Maybe  the performance of the Management team will be reviewed at the football clubs AGM

........ Oh better wait another minute.....

25 minutes ago, DavidK said:

Lol. 

Maybe the committee will get together and see that from April 17 the team has went downhill and become a bit embarrassing.

Maybe  the performance of the Management team will be reviewed at the football clubs AGM

........ Oh better wait another minute.....

What is the significance of April 17th ?

The second game never really lived up to the hype but the farmers boys got through a tough game and take there place in the the super first next season. Well done to everyone at the club

shetto manager in home dressing room at final whistle congratulating neilston team.  Lot of negative comments on here about the running of the club but credit where it's due!!!

11 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Was tense to watch  shetto goalkeeper again with great display  (few clubs sniffing about him)

Despite the weather cracking crowd  pitch looked magic 

We are going up 

Was that the same goalkeeper as they had in the 1st leg ?

Archived