Shettleston vs neilston playoff chat

combineharvester

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game makes me think back a few years when we played each other on the final day to see who would win the Central 1st.

Both teams were guaranteed promotion and Neilston came out 2-1 winners...Hard to take at the time but seeing Hugh Blair with the trophy always sticks in my mind...made the defeat easier seeing his delight.

35 minutes ago, Town Crier said:

This game makes me think back a few years when we played each other on the final day to see who would win the Central 1st.

Both teams were guaranteed promotion and Neilston came out 2-1 winners...Hard to take at the time but seeing Hugh Blair with the trophy always sticks in my mind...made the defeat easier seeing his delight.

He still gets up to odd game to this day  may see him wed nite 

the game back in 2014 was a cracking game 

It’s a hard one to call , Neilston must be buzzing with doing so well in the league whilst the Town have been awful for weeks, however, the have beaten a number of league 1 teams in the cups this year including a very good Rossvale team. 

Don’t think anything will be settled on Monday night. 

9 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

It’s a hard one to call , Neilston must be buzzing with doing so well in the league whilst the Town have been awful for weeks, however, the have beaten a number of league 1 teams in the cups this year including a very good Rossvale team. 

Defo I’m not buying into shetto form guide  carry on ... 

we lost 4 of last 7 ...  so we aren’t  exactly flying  ... al about who wants it more on the two nights hoping it’s us 

13 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Defo I’m not buying into shetto form guide  carry on ... 

we lost 4 of last 7 ...  so we aren’t  exactly flying  ... al about who wants it more on the two nights hoping it’s us 

Hope you enjoy your night , I’m looking forward to it. 

Not seen Neilston this year .Best team i watched in that division was St Rochs so I am glad its not them the Town are playing .Shetto not played best 11 on park for over a month due to suspensions and boys being a yellow card or two away from suspension . The team is very young  and times I have watched them hold their own in games but never for 90 mins.

After watching the Arthurlie v Meadow and Shire v Pollock game over Weekend general consensus from boys I know thought Town would go down .........personally not too sure and hopefully Town stay up and rebuild and keep some of the younger boys who have performed well for 1st season in Juniors 

Definite neilston win worst Shettleston team ever.  Go down play in lower division let young group we have develop add few more and come back stronger in a season or two. Don't think the young boys we have will handle it to well tonight and like I've said wouldn't be worst thing to go down learn and come back stronger.  General consensus is just get this season finished and out the way.  Better a challenging team in lower division than cannon fodder in this one!

11 hours ago, Viewparker said:

Best of luck tonight 

12 hours ago, combineharvester said:

He still gets up to odd game to this day  may see him wed nite 

the game back in 2014 was a cracking game 

Hugh is one of the great gentlemen of junior football, not many with his dedication to the game left. For his sake I hope Neilston get through + I always enjoy a visit to Neilston.

1 hour ago, garrellburn said:

Hugh is one of the great gentlemen of junior football, not many with his dedication to the game left. For his sake I hope Neilston get through + I always enjoy a visit to Neilston.

He's been on our committee since 1955.

Thoroughly enjoyed that tonight. Sure the football might not have been great, but there was a real edge to the game and a good atmosphere - helped by a referee who didn't seem too bothered about keeping control, and a linesman who had a sketchy understanding of the offside rule. Big ups to Robert Tiropoulos for his absolutely sensational save in the last few minutes, and to the Neilston #5 for the best Sergio Ramos impression I think I've seen live. The winning of cheap free-kicks, the wee fouls off the ball, the celebrating in front of the Shettleston crowd - he did it all to perfection.

The Shettleston coach chucking his cap on the pitch was probably the most entertaining thing I've seen this season :lol:

All the best to both clubs in the second-leg (albeit family ties mean that I'm slightly siding with Shettleston). It should be an absolute cracker and I'm pretty gutted I won't be there to see it.

Archived