FIFA 19

FifeArab

I’ve got Prime Butragueno and he’s amazing at ST, couldn’t drop him. Not so keen at CAM, he’s a bit weak.

I couldn’t afford prime so only had his 90 version. Don’t get me wrong quick and deadly but never linked up play or held it up which you need with one up front.

IMG_0942.jpg
IMG_0943.jpg

Basically my end team. Mbappe and Robertson from picks, Chiellini from guaranteed and a few ROTW Tots and high rated golds from packs

Pretty happy with that as a Road To Glory, shows theirs no point wasting money on points. I’ll play this weekend to try get enough stuff for Henry then probably won’t dip into it until the season starts again

How do you find Seedorf?  I was really looking forward to completing him and linking up the team with him at CAM, but I've found him pretty useless.  Not bad really, but just that really awkward meh which is pretty galling when you've spent a lot on him.  I'm probably just using him wrong.

46 minutes ago, forameus said:

How do you find Seedorf?  I was really looking forward to completing him and linking up the team with him at CAM, but I've found him pretty useless.  Not bad really, but just that really awkward meh which is pretty galling when you've spent a lot on him.  I'm probably just using him wrong.

It took me quite a while to figure out how to use him but I love Seedorf now. However, most people who use him at CAM seem disappointed by him.

Although it's his default position, I don't think he's really an attacking midfielder. I use him at CM in a flat 4-4-2 and he's a great, strong, all-round midfeilder. I have a shadow card on him though which gives him 94 on interceptions and, though he does score a few, he's mostly there to allow my other attacking players more freedom.

There are definitely better options as an out-an-out CAM though.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 minute ago, Jaggy Snake said:

It took me quite a while to figure out how to use him but I love Seedorf now. However, most people who use him at CAM seem disappointed by him.

Although it's his default position, I don't think he's really an attacking midfielder. I use him at CM in a flat 4-4-2 and he's a great, strong, all-round midfeilder. I have a shadow card on him though, which gives him 94 on interceptions, and though he does score a few he's mostly he's their to allow my other attacking players more freedom.

There are definitely better options as an out-an-out CAM though.

I'll persevere.  Still a while away from having a Van Basten sized strop and putting him into an Icon SBC.  I think if I hadn't got Vieira he'd fit in ok in that role.  I prefer having someone quicker and more attacking in the spot next to him, and Seedorf ain't really that.  

On the Butra stuff, I did him ages ago and enjoyed him while I had him, but he was too similar to a lot of other players I had.  Obviously he's not as good, but TOTGS Insigne (who I still swear by) was very similar in size and style.  Had he been taller and a bit more physical, he'd likely still be with me (although then he wouldn't be the type of player he is).  I'm also one who really enjoyed Shearer when I had him though.  Think I'll probably complete his PIM SBC, may as fucking well at this stage of the game.

Hes pretty similar for me and will be the icon I use to get Henry. I usually bring him off for Ericsson around the 60 minute mare but His stats are good for me 338 games/148 goals/205 assists. I didn’t like him at first but I have him holding back and allow my two wide CAM go forward and he’s been much better feeding them

19 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

Hes pretty similar for me and will be the icon I use to get Henry. I usually bring him off for Ericsson around the 60 minute mare but His stats are good for me 338 games/148 goals/205 assists. I didn’t like him at first but I have him holding back and allow my two wide CAM go forward and he’s been much better feeding them

IIt's probably the system then that's not really fitting him.  I used to play 3-4-2-1 with heavy focus on the flanks, but now a 3-4-1-2 with heavy emphasis on watching Ronaldo and Mertens pillage everything.  The midfield in either of those isn't really set up for two players to sit in the midfield, at least not how I play it.  Vieira is always going to be better at it.

Might try and switch things to have both midfielders sitting then focus on the wide players and CAM again.  Anytime I touch custom tactics though everything goes to absolute shit.

10 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Was there any confirmation on what rewards would be this week from WL? 

10 hours ago, YHallSaint said:

TOTS from the top 5 leagues

Apparently not exactly.  According to Reddit it's the usual rules - Gold 2 gets a guaranteed pick from the top 5 leagues, but the rest of the picks could be a TOTS from any league.  So everyone look forward to an 85 from the LATAM TOTS.

Actually had a not bad weekend league.  Pretty annoying Saturday again but stopped before it got infuriating.  Had a chance for games on the Sunday afternoon, so cleared them all out then and didn't need to have the usual desperately trying to finish games at night.  Ended up playing the 28, getting to Gold 3.  After getting Silver 1 I had 6 left, and thought I might be able to hit G2 with some luck.  Got 2 in a row, and looking good but fell in the 3rd really undeservedly.  Smashed through the next one though, didn't need to play the final 2.  

Edited by forameus

34 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

I didn’t bother playing this week. Needless to say I had a far less infuriating and calmer weekend

I played to 14 wins, 4 wins on Friday and 10 on Sunday hungover as f**k. I had 9 games left, it was the easiest WL in a long time. I assume most people weren’t playing or being as sweaty because TOTS has ended.

I found it one of the harder ones, or at least it felt like the opponents were of a better standard.  Seems like the jobbers that just dropped in to try and get Ultimate TOTS had dropped off, leaving a lot of people who were pretty good.  Or at least pretty exploitative.