FIFA 19

FifeArab

On 17/06/2019 at 09:33, forameus said:

image.png.a84770c7276503527654f2e4c52b0a3d.png

image.png.8f5cf46a82955e4a9a50af37408a1fdd.png

Probably about as close to my end-game team as I'm likely to get at this stage, barring getting enough into my club to complete one of the big Icons. 

I scrimped my way to completing Mertens about an hour before he expired.  Only played a couple of games with him, but he seems incredible.  Was left pretty low on coins, but decided to cash in pretty much everything in my club that could be sold and ended up with about 400k (stacking up fitness cards helps), so brought in Ziyech on the right to play alongside De Jong.

Still can't defend worth a shit, but boy is it fun going forward.

Howling at the thought of Canning managing that team

Anyone see the video that got put on YouTube yesterday showing patents from EA mentioning scripting, momentum and ‘rubber band effect’ in their games. Obviously it’s been spoke about for years but this is the first time I’ve seen anything sort of official (if it’s legit, which it seems to be). 

It also shows patents saying that EA can monitor things like how long or often a player plays the game as well as how much money they are spending, and alter the game to suit the individual. If that’s true then it’s basically fraud. 

The game this year was the worst I’ve ever seen for scripting/momentum, and I’m not just saying that because I was always on the wrong side of it. There was several times where I was attacking and I genuinely knew 4 or 5 passes before that I was going to score a goal at the end of the move, as if the game was making things happen to allow me to score. I could also feel that happen when I was defending and my players weren’t reacting the same way as they usually would. 

Is this a big development or will it get swept away by EA? I genuinely don’t see a need for scripting because there is enough people playing the game that you should be able to easily find an opponent of a similar ability. It’s probably the biggest reason I don’t like playing FIFA any more because when it’s against you there is literally nothing you can do. 

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Howling at the thought of Canning managing that team

Ol' reliable Martin.  He keeps Fraser in line.

17 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Doubt I’ll play if it’s isnt TOTS reds. The TOTWs are rotten now the seasons are finished.

I'm sure someone said they kept the picks as TOTS until the game ended last year.  Surely they'd do something like that, or at least some other attractive reward.  If they go back to TOTW they may as well just can it.

9 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Anyone see the video that got put on YouTube yesterday showing patents from EA mentioning scripting, momentum and ‘rubber band effect’ in their games. Obviously it’s been spoke about for years but this is the first time I’ve seen anything sort of official (if it’s legit, which it seems to be). 

It also shows patents saying that EA can monitor things like how long or often a player plays the game as well as how much money they are spending, and alter the game to suit the individual. If that’s true then it’s basically fraud. 

The game this year was the worst I’ve ever seen for scripting/momentum, and I’m not just saying that because I was always on the wrong side of it. There was several times where I was attacking and I genuinely knew 4 or 5 passes before that I was going to score a goal at the end of the move, as if the game was making things happen to allow me to score. I could also feel that happen when I was defending and my players weren’t reacting the same way as they usually would. 

Is this a big development or will it get swept away by EA? I genuinely don’t see a need for scripting because there is enough people playing the game that you should be able to easily find an opponent of a similar ability. It’s probably the biggest reason I don’t like playing FIFA any more because when it’s against you there is literally nothing you can do. 

I'll say it, and expect I'll get shouted down for it, but scripting doesn't exist.  Scripting suggests that the game is pre-determined, that there is literally nothing you can do to turn the tide.  But you know what else makes it really hard to believe in?  It suggests that EA have built a competent engine that can achieve all that.  For me, what we have is a not particularly good game engine full of holes that they always struggle to balance.  Couple that to a front-end that values aesthetics above all else, and you're going to have issues all over the place, particularly on the presentation side meaning the buggy output from the game engine struggles to be represented by a glitchy front-end.  That's not scripting, that's just the game not being very well coded.

Momentum, on the other hand, demonstrably does exist.  It's often far too heavy, but I'm not sure the game would be that fun without it.  Great for the people who are good at the game, but for the jobbers and scrubs it'd be deeply unpleasant, particularly with how fucking dreadful a lot of the community are.  I understand why EA put it in, particularly with the huge audience they have, they want to keep the casual player interested. 

Why are the examples you've given "fraud"?  The things you're saying they monitor - and remember, this is patents, not a design of how they're implemented in the game, if at all - are the same things that probably every website you visit either does, or would if they could.  P+B could probably tell a third party more about you than EA's data on FIFA could, are they frauds too?

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I’ve got s funny feeling that Forrest might be an SBC.

I'd take that.  I fully intend to buy him no matter the price, but I expect an SBC to be fairly reasonable.  He'll be a cracking card, but you're going to really struggle to link him unless he switches sides and you can get him near Robertson/Fraser.  Or Icons I suppose.

Of course, if he's an SBC, then we'll probably get him on Monday or something, and I'll have burned the place down by then.

36 minutes ago, forameus said:

I'd take that.  I fully intend to buy him no matter the price, but I expect an SBC to be fairly reasonable.  He'll be a cracking card, but you're going to really struggle to link him unless he switches sides and you can get him near Robertson/Fraser.  Or Icons I suppose.

Of course, if he's an SBC, then we'll probably get him on Monday or something, and I'll have burned the place down by then.

I wouldn't mind that unless he ended up as an objective that was a total slog. I'd still do it of course.

5 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I wouldn't mind that unless he ended up as an objective that was a total slog. I'd still do it of course.

Hmm...that's a good point.  I'm going to pick up a few Scottish cards in the hope that it's "Score/Assist x with Scottish players".  

If you fancy a flutter, you can bid Griffiths for the same price as he quick-sells, so absolutely zero risk if you get him for 600

Sbc Tierney does a good job at rb, Armstrong in a 433 as a link into an epl team and your pretty much sorted. Iv played with a Scottish /spfl hybrid from the start so can't wait to get a hold of this one.

23 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, forameus said:

Sbc Tierney does a good job at rb, Armstrong in a 433 as a link into an epl team and your pretty much sorted. Iv played with a Scottish /spfl hybrid from the start so can't wait to get a hold of this one.

Yeah, true.  Expect a lot will still thumb their nose at it.  I'm surprised that his IFs didn't end up getting more expensive by how ridiculous they were.  His MOTM 87 is sitting at 30k now.  Granted there's much better options out there now but it's hovered around that mark for a while.

So from someone who is fucking shite at trading, here's what I've done in anticipation of an SBC or an objective.  Fucking hunners of Leigh Griffiths, all at 600.  A handful of TOTS Super John McGinns, a couple Forrest MOTM and a few Robertson 83.  Ideally they go mental and want a full Scottish 11 to get Forrest, in which case I should be quids in.  Worst case I should be able to make all the coins back.  Worst worst case, my 81k on Leigh Griffiths is safe to quick sell.

Yeah, true.  Expect a lot will still thumb their nose at it.  I'm surprised that his IFs didn't end up getting more expensive by how ridiculous they were.  His MOTM 87 is sitting at 30k now.  Granted there's much better options out there now but it's hovered around that mark for a while.
So from someone who is fucking shite at trading, here's what I've done in anticipation of an SBC or an objective.  Fucking hunners of Leigh Griffiths, all at 600.  A handful of TOTS Super John McGinns, a couple Forrest MOTM and a few Robertson 83.  Ideally they go mental and want a full Scottish 11 to get Forrest, in which case I should be quids in.  Worst case I should be able to make all the coins back.  Worst worst case, my 81k on Leigh Griffiths is safe to quick sell.
Iv stocked up on a few players aswell, don't think he will be an sbc but if he is then happy days. His motm is quite a popular card as a "supersub" it is baffling how cheap he has been. Poor links etc though.