FIFA 19

FifeArab

I got Laporte. Pretty meh choice I thought, but looking at his actual stats he'll be an improvement on either Nesta or Baresi, and he'll fit in on 10 chem in my formation.  Could've been worse.  I'm a sucker for these SBCs.  I'll definitely do the Serie A one when it comes, but I know I'll be tempted to do them all.  And if we can get an SPFL one...ooft.

In a fit of "f**k it", I bought the entire Saudi TOTS to complete the objective.  Utterly painful, as everyone had the same idea.  Very odd having so many games essentially playing a mirror image, and the pace of the game was ridiculous with all the fast players.  Still, completed it and got the Gomis, and sold all the players back at a considerable loss.  Ugh.  Next up all the Squad Battles objectives, then a stiff drink before I get fired into that Digne one...

I’ll do the Rice one objective tonight and if the Digne one happens it happens. Not that fussed now about the rest of the SBCs, other than possibly a Dutch one and maybe any Scottish players. The team I actually play with is one god striker away from being as far as I care to take it, and the one with players who have played in Scotland still needs a few tweaks, I’ll post it later once I get a chance.

IMG_2249.jpg

And there we have it, haven’t played with it yet, but will do. Only regret is not getting the Weah card waaaaay back. Cheated with Hierro, but the rest all played in Scotland. Only obvious change will be the inevitable Forrest card to come. Which given his relatively cheap IFs should be reasonable.

Also anyone used Larsson in this game? Might look to get him at some point since the icons are falling on price and I could make an exception for him in that team above!

21 minutes ago, Widge said:

IMG_2249.jpg

And there we have it, haven’t played with it yet, but will do. Only regret is not getting the Weah card waaaaay back. Cheated with Hierro, but the rest all played in Scotland. Only obvious change will be the inevitable Forrest card to come. Which given his relatively cheap IFs should be reasonable.

To be fair, IF we get a Forrest TOTS (and I'm still worried it's an if) then it could be like the Saudi league, and we get 11 players in it.  SPL has a couple of expensive highly rated players, then the rest made up by 83-86.  Don't see why they couldn't do it that way for the Scottish leagues.

1 hour ago, Estragon is a fud said:

There won't be a Scottish team of the season. There will be a ROTW world one for all the smaller leagues, which Forrest must be a shoe-in for.

I would've agreed at the start, but with them putting the Saudi league in, I'd upgrade it to possible.  Still unlikely though.

If there isn't, yeah we'll probably get ROTW, and Forrest must surely be in that.

34 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

They've had Saudi Leagues the past two years as well. It's only because the Arabs pour millions into FIFA Points

They've never had a specific Saudi league TOTS though, have they?  They've always been part of ROTW.

It’s already been announced there will be a Dutch one I think? Can’t see there being an MLS one since they work on different seasons and the fact that Zlatan has a card and they do PoTM as well. Take out the big 5 leagues and actually if they do a smaller one with each of them, the chances of a Scottish one is quite high I’d say. The players and amount of IFs is probably comparable to the Championship which got a whole team.

We’ve already had Saudi & EFL obviously, and Liga NOS is expected on Friday (with Bundesliga). The other two smaller leagues “in the code”, according to stuff on twitter, are Eredivisie & Super Lig.

There could be one other small league or just a ROTW squad.

I think the MLS normally get an All-star squad later in the year, as their league runs on for another few months yet.

Of course, this is EA so anything's possible until it happens.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I decided to sell my Futures De Ligt for £360k, since I bought his MoTM card for £40k, in the hope I’ll be able to pick up an icon striker cheaply if I get some good pack luck from here on in. Plus there’s always the chance I’d pack his ToTS when it comes out and the Futures card will only continue to drop in value!

Offt well in, glad to see someone pack a nice one [emoji38]

Cheers, expected very little so was quite buzzing, doesn't fit in my team at all but will work something out.

Got Ederson from my red pick - quite happy with that having only finished Silver 1.

Other options were the 91 striker and 83 centre-mid from the Saudi TOTS, so can't complain at that.

Edited by Jaggy Snake