FIFA 19

FifeArab

Taverner? Fucking Tavernier?! I'm off down to Murray Park to punch a c**t

EDIT: should Be an SBC. If they've put Tav in but fail to put in the award winner from said league, then I despair. Kept a MOTM Forrest in the club in the hope. Leave a light on for the boy. 

EDIT2: and of course my trading was shite. Although Griff is going for 650 Bin, so I'll make a monster 4k profit on him. McGinn a few k on, Forrest largely even. Least I didn't lose anything

Edited by forameus

6/6 WL... flying. 

Now 6/20. Losing 7 in last minute with sweaty goals or keeper going walkies

N btw Blanc is absolute hopeless lol. I’ve bought Varane again n he sits on bench. Just doesn’t work in back three. 

i. Hate. This. Game. 

Opened 34 packs, including 5 Jumbo Rare Players. Only TOTS were 86 Charbonnier and 85 Joel Valencia, who are both selling for pennies.

The rest of my luck was decent though.

90: Kane

89: Hummels

88: Buffon, Handanovic, Thiago Silva

87: Umtiti

86: Muller

85: Kompany, Witsel x2, Ribery

6x 84, 13x 83, 2x crappy IFs

And I've still got another 34 packs left (all Electrum or Mixed players packs though).

I then sniped 3x Tavernier's for 35k and a fourth for 40k. Keeping one and sold the others for 50,000 to recoup the money.

There's probably some great business to be done flipping ROTW cards tonight, but that's me done as I have Crash Team Racing to play.

PS James Forrest SBC please.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I’ve played 6 in my first ever weekend league and I’m 3 and 3. Don’t know how you boys do this tbh, my brain can’t concentrate and my eyes are fuzzy. [emoji23]

At a loose end so decided to, despite loathing this game, attempt a WL campaign. I'm 4-3 at the moment, which is pretty good going given how little I've played of UT this year. An opposition team, presented without comment (other than that this is how it lined up in-game):

20190621_232431.thumb.jpg.27fd2d9522c7dce548888a87a63320de.jpg

That’s a pretty standard team in WL. I haven’t came up against anything lower than an 192 the last couple weeks

7 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

That’s a pretty standard team in WL. I haven’t came up against anything lower than an 192 the last couple weeks

Disgusting stuff. They've completely ruined what is already a very flawed game mechanics-wise with so many special cards and brazen cash-grab promos - prime icon moments being the worst. I used to be mad for Ultimate Team, but have hardly bothered since FIFA 18 kicked off. My finest achievement was, in the March cycle of 17, getting 37 wins out of 40 in the inaugural year of FUT Champs with a 20k Serie A team. I can't see any way in which that would be even remotely possible for a pro to achieve these days.

6 hours ago, Widge said:

I’ve played 6 in my first ever weekend league and I’m 3 and 3. Don’t know how you boys do this tbh, my brain can’t concentrate and my eyes are fuzzy. emoji23.png

After a night of playing weekend league I would try to close my eyes and fall asleep I would be having crazy dreams about games of FIFA running through my head whilst I was still awake. Don’t know if its happened to anyone else but a similar thing happened to me when I was a young boy with championship manager after I’d played it for about 20 hours straight. 

Sitting on 9 wins from 9 then:

Lost the next game (3-2) with 27 shots to 4.  

Two of his goals were kick off goals and the other the usual 45th minute goal. The rage this game brings with its dynamic difficult setting is beyond a joke. 

Edited by Mayos Noun

Just about ready to f**k this controller off a wall. Just inexplicably bad. I was pretty much win loss win loss for the first 12 or so, but have since gone on the sort of losing streak I haven't had in ages. Conceded at least 5 in pretty much every game so far (earlier I was scoring more) and just topped it off losing 8-3 through 3 heavy deflections and 2 own goals.

7-12 now, fucking brutal. 

Started this evening 5-4, and am now 14-6. I hate myself so, so much. My (in-game) team is below, with Forrest's MOTM being my (not-so) super sub. Correa, who I replaced the ineffectual TOTS Ilicic with earlier, is the star of the show, and the previously-pish Muriel card I was compelled to do a few weeks back out of FIFA 13 loyalty to him has thrived since. CDMs are both weak but I don't have enough coins for any sort of a meaningful upgrade on either, and they do the job defensively anyway. Nainggolan pops up with some goals, too. 

86ad7d03f5fbf91eac60bbc91a575023.jpg

I started early on Friday and found that I had a brilliant run of wins but that might have ben due to the next TOTS not being confirmed and people waiting until that was made public. The reason I say that is that yesterday I went on a horrific run of form, one of my worst ever, that needed a final game win to get to Gold 3. I had won 10 out my first 15 but the less said about the second 15 the better. 

I've never been good at the little 'meta' moves and tricks that seem to get you to edge out certain opponents and I find that at the higher level the real difference is the ability to do those additional things, those extra wee dribble moves (or the first time shots). The new thing that I found yesterday was the chip up and volley cross to the back post. I played a guy yesterday that had an amazing team but all he wanted to do was get it down the line, do a keepy up and then volley it to the back post. I actually played very well against him but he ended up winning 1-0 with an 80th minute winner using that exact move.

I'm maybe a bit naive, I just enjoy defending well (which is shit on this FIFA) and trying to play 'proper' football without much flair. Feels like the last couple of FIFAs have basically made that type of play so weak that it will never get me beyond a certain level. 

Finished up one game short of the hallowed Gold 1; needed a win from the last game and went on to concede, quite literally, the worst goal I've ever had scored against me on a FIFA game. Speculative long range shot comes in and my 'keeper palms it wide, it is quite literally at the bye line and Vieira volleys it across the line (with it bending away from goal), only for my backtracking 'keeper to push it over the line and in with absolutely no danger. PMSL

Got to 13-0 then came up against a couple guys who were miles better than me. Used every game mechanic and I just couldn’t keep up. Finished on 20-8, wee bit disappointed I never got Elite as I lost one on penalties, lost one where I hit the bar and post about 8 times and he sneaked one late on then a disconnect at 8 minutes into a game at 0-0 and got the loss.

Sarabia and Allison incoming in the red picks

Just about ready to f**k this controller off a wall. Just inexplicably bad. I was pretty much win loss win loss for the first 12 or so, but have since gone on the sort of losing streak I haven't had in ages. Conceded at least 5 in pretty much every game so far (earlier I was scoring more) and just topped it off losing 8-3 through 3 heavy deflections and 2 own goals.

7-12 now, fucking brutal

Thought I'd posted this yesterday, but seems not. Just done my 29th,and somehow turned it around to 14 wins. f**k knows. Set in to just get the 4 and reach S1 and get to bed, but got the usual "aye, but..." thought. Luckily it paid off. 

5 in 11 on Friday, 2 in 8 on Saturday (point of the quoted strop) and then 7 in 10 today. I should be happy, and I was when I got that final win, but I haven't had a WL that fucking dreadful ever. I usually enjoy the competitive nature, the tension, and I'm not one to just point to shitty gameplay. But this weekend was just utterly in enjoyable. Even today's wins just felt like getting clear and blootering shots in, no finesse, no skill, just hoping the opponent didn't realise I can't defend. I expect I conceded over 100 goals this weekend, and that's honestly not an exaggeration. Expect I scored just as many, but... Well that's just a bit shite. 

I'll do the odd WL if I'm off on a Friday or my wife's out over the weekend, but I wouldn't be bothered if I didn't see one again until 20 comes out. 

I got to 11 wins with 12 games left on Sunday morning but couldn't be bothered going back to it.

As Forameus, once TOTS is finished I'm aiming to dramatically cut down on playing time until FIFA 20. Certainly no more grinding, just play when I feel like it.

Edited by Jaggy Snake