FIFA 19

FifeArab

Yeah I think one of the picks is guaranteed from the bigger league. There will be 3 picks in the pack so Maddison Docherty and another at the very least. Happy with that tbh. 
The Digne objective, does anyone know if it’s just any defender or from the position of defender? Like can I use my Marcos Alonso at CAM?

I just changed in game. Put Alonso and David Luiz at Cam. Digne is pish though and getting put into an sbc

Silver 1 finish.  Again.  Was on something like 5 for 12 when sitting down last night, so just wanted to get through as many as I could and at least reach silver 1 (so I don't need to qualify the next time I can be arsed playing).  Was battering through teams, got quite a few rage-quits out of it, and reached S1 with 6 to go.  Pushing 11pm, but with that many games left I thought I could surely get that last 3.  Lost 3 on the bounce, taking it to sudden death, and thought "oh well, f**k sleep, will take it to the wire".  3-0 up in 14 mins, rage quit.  It's on!

Went 2-0 down in the next game, dead in the water, absolutely nothing going for me.  Then two goals completely devoid of any subtlety from big Ronaldo, blootering them in from miles out to take it to extra-time...but no, he scores in the 89th...and I equalise in the 94th.  Take the lead in extra-time, so so close to closing  it out, but he gets a traditional unchallenged corner goal that my defender stops from two yards behind the line in the 118th minute.

And of course I lose on penalties.  b*****d.

Much better performance than I usually get though, to be fair.  Every other time I've played in the WL, I've received some absolute schoolings, but I'd say I was in pretty much every game, dominating a lot of them.  If I could just defend and get more clinical, could've been a lot different.  

20 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Played a dozen WL matches with Fraser - he is so much fun. So fast and barely tires the whole game. I stuck POTM Hazard on the bench and figured if Fraser's shit he can get subbed off at 60 mins each game - Hazard never got on once.

This.  So glad I did him.  His stamina is ridiculous, had a few extra-time games last night where he was still breezing around.  Only negative I can see is that he's not the strongest, and if you're playing the ball in the air you're probably going to get beaten (although he does have 99 jumping oddly).  Still, he's tremendous fun, and he joins Forrest and McGinn in giving my team a Scottish flavour.

20 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

The Digne objective, does anyone know if it’s just any defender or from the position of defender? Like can I use my Marcos Alonso at CAM?

Pretty sure as long as it's just a defender card you'll be fine.  I did that Antonio Valencia loan card a few weeks back so I could complete all the objectives, so I'll be praying I can get this done in the 10 games he has.  I am really, really not looking forward to it.

I finished Silver 1 in the end. Had 11 wins from 20, so just had to win 3 out of 10 yesterday.

First 2 games, went 2-0 up but lost 3-2 & 4-2. Won the third game, then went 1-0 & 2-1 up in the fourth but still lost. Hammered in the fifth game.

So 2 wins needed from 5, still very doable. First game, 3-2 up and score a peach with Forrest to go 4-2 up in the 71st minute. The other guy pauses as soon as I score but the wee ticking dial appears at the bottom of the screen - get disconnected. Log back in and the game didn't count - still 5 to play.

Started the next game but was 3-0 down at half time so I quit & gave up.

I really hate this game. Will do the Weekend League again next week, as I've not got much on, but that will be my last for the year.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I'll be doing the WL next week, but only because I'm off on Friday.  Unfortunately, that's often the shittiest time to play.  I don't think I've ever had a good Friday, always playing catch-up going into the Sunday.

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

First 2 games, went 2-0 up but lost 3-2 & 4-2. Won the third game, then went 1-0 & 2-1 up in the fourth but still lost. Hammered in the fifth game.

This was the story of mine.  I think I took the lead in the majority of my games, then it was either me racing towards a rage-quit, or I'd just fall out of the game completely and watch them come back.  Worst was winning 3-0 by the half-hour mark, and the guy came roaring back.  Think I managed to salvage extra-time but he eventually won 6-4.  There's certainly a degree of momentum, but I'm such a shitebag when I see the game turning.

What's everyone getting from their guaranteed PL TOTS pack tonight then.

I for one am absolutely buzzing for the shiny new James Maddison that I shall be welcoming to the club.

As long as I avoid Maddison I'd be happy. I wouldn't mind trying Doherty tbh, and would take either of the keepers (who'll be the next most common).

Ideal world: Van Dijk

Good cards I don't want : Hazard, Mane, Aguero, Son.

ETA: Eriksen can GTF too.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

We got two last year and my first one was Pope, then Salah who was unbelievable. Maddison incoming :lol:

Ohh yeah, the other one I got was Maher’s, so got the only two RW. [emoji23]

I’ll actually take anyone, except Andy Robertson tbh, since I have an IF of his and RTTF Alonso. Not sure I’d want Laporte either. Anyone else, id find a use for, albeit that Maddison card isn’t the best. [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

Ohh yeah, the other one I got was Maher’s, so got the only two RW. emoji23.png

I’ll actually take anyone, except Andy Robertson tbh, since I have an IF of his and RTTF Alonso. Not sure I’d want Laporte either. Anyone else, id find a use for, albeit that Maddison card isn’t the best. emoji23.png

I’m also about 450k in on 84s  so hopefully a good return on that.

What's everyone getting from their guaranteed PL TOTS pack tonight then.

I for one am absolutely buzzing for the shiny new James Maddison that I shall be welcoming to the club.

IMG_2213.jpg
ADONBILIVIT

I got Wijnaldum which I’m pretty happy with, stupidly well rounded stats and fits into my team perfectly. Albeit he’s one I could possibly have afforded at some point. Managed it with players in my club too so even better there.