FIFA 19

FifeArab

I fancy picking up that Fraser to have on the other side as a sub when I bring on Forrest.  They look very similar players.

Pity Morelos only got an 82 for the League SBC, and more of a pity that he's fucking shite.  Imagine a Scottish only team would be looking quite good about now

EDIT: Just checked, and...well it's still not very good.  Forrest/Fraser on the wings, but if you want to go Scottish only then McBurnie's your best option.  Decent range of IFs but not exactly top-of-the-line.  82 rated squad with Tierney on 5 chem at CB

Edited by forameus

I did the FlashBack SBC and got Pedro, doesn't fit into my team at all. Done with Untradeable so didn't cost any coins so not the end of the world.

I have a did the Torres one a while back who I rarely use as well.

I did the Swap Deals SBC for unused swap players for the Electrum Players Pack. I got 7 packs all together, packed Kante & Muller. Also packed Hazard from my rewards today. All untradeable though and none fit my team.

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

48 minutes ago, forameus said:

I fancy picking up that Fraser to have on the other side as a sub when I bring on Forrest.  They look very similar players.

Pity Morelos only got an 82 for the League SBC, and more of a pity that he's fucking shite.  Imagine a Scottish only team would be looking quite good about now

EDIT: Just checked, and...well it's still not very good.  Forrest/Fraser on the wings, but if you want to go Scottish only then McBurnie's your best option.  Decent range of IFs but not exactly top-of-the-line.  82 rated squad with Tierney on 5 chem at CB

Fraser LM with Robertson behind him makes for a not bad team, though not Scottish national obviously.

I've tried moving Tierney but he's poor at CB, and God awful at right back. It's a shame Tavernier hasn't had the couple of informs he should have.

Sinclair plays way above his 81 rating. Morelos blows hot and cold but is better now with Weah alongside him.

Still clinging onto the slight hope of an SPFL TOTS but I doubt it.

Screenshot_20190418-103907.png

I forgot about Weah actually, got him in my club.  If you expand out to Scots + Scottish Premiership it looks a bit better.  You can put Boyata in obviously, along with Weah/Morelos.  

If there's ever a need to kick down your rating for anything, I'd definitely pursue having at least Forrest/Fraser and one other up top.  I just fucking love that Forrest card.

2 hours ago, Estragon is a fud said:

Capture.PNG.5971edc075ce7971fe1d8ab2b0f19690.PNG

This is my team(in game) with 800,000 in the bank. Got the fear about spending coins on players this close to TOTS in case they plummet in value. 

Nice team.  I loved that 4-3-3 too until I saw the light of 3-4-2-1.  

With you on the coins.  I packed and sold Prime Maldini after finally getting up the courage to say goodbye, and immediately ploughed the money to fill other spots.  It improved the side, but once I decided I wanted to go in a different direction, I sold, I think, 3 of the 4 I bought for a pretty huge loss, to the tune of about 500k.  It hurt.  A lot.  Been pretty much exclusively untradeable ever since.

Still though, with all the VLs who finish their Christmas dinner, and start saving packs for TOTS, just do what lets you have fun.  If that's keeping all the coins and rifling them through TOTS, go for it.  Or just splurge it on a player you'll rage-sell at a loss.

I did the FlashBack SBC and got Pedro, doesn't fit into my team at all. Done with Untradeable so didn't cost any coins so not the end of the world.
I have a did the Torres one a while back who I rarely use as well.

I did the Swap Deals SBC for unused swap players for the Electrum Players Pack. I got 7 packs all together, packed Kante & Muller. Also packed Hazard from my rewards today. All untradeable though and none fit my team.

I've got a front three of Villa, Torres and Mertens and it's absolutely carnage. Torres takes a bit of getting used to (can feel very clumsy) but once you do get used to him he's quality, well over a goal a game for me. Same for Villa.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

Still though, with all the VLs who finish their Christmas dinner, and start saving packs for TOTS, just do what lets you have fun.

289 packs saved so far :D

(Though over 100 are 2 player silver packs, from bronze upgrades, and another 70ish are silver players packs).

42 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

289 packs saved so far :D

(Though over 100 are 2 player silver packs, from bronze upgrades, and another 70ish are silver players packs).

You massive VL :P

Decent willpower though, no chance I'd be able  to keep hold of them

Although I don’t use them as much anymore, the Road to the final Alonso and Mkhitaryan have been brilliant value with how far they have went in the tournament. A decent pace boost might see Alonso back in the team.

Bit gutted my Aguero didn’t go through last night, he’s currently the best striker I’ve used, an upgrade would have been insane. 

41 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Although I don’t use them as much anymore, the Road to the final Alonso and Mkhitaryan have been brilliant value with how far they have went in the tournament. A decent pace boost might see Alonso back in the team.

Bit gutted my Aguero didn’t go through last night, he’s currently the best striker I’ve used, an upgrade would have been insane. 

Alonso has been a mainstay for me. Quality. Looking forward to Aurier’s update too.

Also got Tagliafico but I’ve not got a team to fit him in.

This is me at the moment. I did the mid-Icon SBC a few weeks ago and got Socrates which I was delighted with. I can't see too many obvious improvements until TOTS cards get released (but if you see any let me know!)

Considering the Fraser card because I don't like the Davies one and love Forrest so would be keen for a similar player on the left. Also saving the FutSwaps for the Douglas Costa CAM card. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 07.57.57.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 07.58.08.png

I had a spare hour or so last night, so decided it'd be easy to get the James Collins objective.  7 goals with an Irish player on at least Pro level Squad Battles.  Easy, right? 

Picked up the 81 IF James Collins to do it, then immediately forgot to put him on the bench for the first game.  Forfeited, leaving me with three 83+ squads to beat.  And of course, the AI decided to start randomly swinging.  I know it's complete fantasy, but it almost seems like the AI knows what player you're trying to get goals, and completely nerfs them.  Especially when he's a lumbering mess to start with.  Wanted it done in two games, but it took four.  1 goal in the first, 2 in the second, and then after remembering attribute boost cards, he got a hat-trick in the 3rd.  Had a chance in the last minute of the 3rd to get the clincher, but hit a ridiculous fresh-air shot several yards from the ball.  Aye.

Clinched it on the final game, against the featured squad.  Failed that and I would've missed out, wouldn't have had a chance to complete before the refresh.  Up against the 92-rated, and wee moments Maradona on coke, but big Jimmy got a hat-trick to clinch it.

I hate these objectives, but I kind of love them at the same time.  EA just keep dragging me back in.

5 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

I done it with Harry Arter. I got two bronze squads with <50 chemistry so it was fairly easy.

Tried using the Collins card last night. Good at scoring from corners, but a bit of  a useless haddie otherwise. Good SBC fodder though

Yeah, that's pretty much what I got him for.  His 81 was brutal to use without a stat boost.  86 will be very useful in the higher-rated SBCs that don't need chemistry.  No chance of linking him to anyone useful.

The players in the weekly objectives are one of the best additions to the game, the sweat in rivals is painful during the week so it’s good to have another option. 

Hopefully a few players from the team of the group stage Promo will be in objectives for this week.

***knock out stage 

Edited by The Grass Is Greener.

21 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

It's usually just teams in the semi-final they give out cards for for this promo isn't it? Going to be a bit shite for players with Serie A, Bundes and Ligue 1 squads

I can’t remember tbh, I don’t see why the quarter finals wouldn’t be involved if they call it game of the knockout stages. Hopefully some fun cards without being ridiculously expensive.

Yeah, from Reddit it seems to be Team of the Knockout Stage, so I suspect that'll include teams that are already out.  Heavily rumoured that Ronaldo's in it, so it's certainly not just semi-finals.  Every team already has their live cards still.