FIFA 19

FifeArab

Just saw it on Twitter too.  Lol.  Fucking In Form Icons.  Now these are probably pitched lower than TOTY, but higher than Icons, which are fucking rare to begin with.  Sounds like there won't be guaranteed SBCs for them, so they'll be aiming to get people to spend silly money on packs to get them.  Hiya next market crash, hiya pal!

39 minutes ago, forameus said:

Just saw it on Twitter too.  Lol.  Fucking In Form Icons.  Now these are probably pitched lower than TOTY, but higher than Icons, which are fucking rare to begin with.  Sounds like there won't be guaranteed SBCs for them, so they'll be aiming to get people to spend silly money on packs to get them.  Hiya next market crash, hiya pal!

I think they massively misjudged this one, going by the reaction on twitter/futhead, massive swathe of folk who claim they've grafted to get Icons now seething they've wasted their time.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think they massively misjudged this one, going by the reaction on twitter/futhead, massive swathe of folk who claim they've grafted to get Icons now seething they've wasted their time.

For every person that's seething, there'll be a hundred who will pump money in to try and get the cards.  I don't think EA really particularly care on the micro level, when the larger level is earning them squillions.

To be honest, I find it hard to get that mad at EA.  They're a business, and they've found an effective way of essentially picking people up and shaking them until all their money falls out.  Until it's actually made illegal, fire in.  

Just now, forameus said:

For every person that's seething, there'll be a hundred who will pump money in to try and get the cards.  I don't think EA really particularly care on the micro level, when the larger level is earning them squillions. 

I'm unsure, theres a group of people who'll chuck money at it regardless (pro players), but that's the minority, they'll still get plenty money now, but next year when they start releasing Icons etc.. there'll be people who simply hold off waiting for an even better card.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm unsure, theres a group of people who'll chuck money at it regardless (pro players), but that's the minority, they'll still get plenty money now, but next year when they start releasing Icons etc.. there'll be people who simply hold off waiting for an even better card.

Could be right, but you could say that about any promo really.  What's the point in buying any players now when TOTS is just a couple of months away? 

The upgrades  you're actually getting by the looks of it aren't exactly earth-shattering.  Icons are already so strong that you're not going to see a huge difference.  If they only go into packs, then they'll be super rare, and probably worth far more than better players.  I just feel like they'll be so far out of reach of the majority of players that it isn't going to make much difference in the long run.

Once we've made all our money from idiots buying packs, we'll let people upgrade their old icons "later".

They also omit the fact that if you've done a prime icon that doesn't get a Moments upgrade they've still effectively downgraded it compared to the rest.

Screenshot_20190212-112230~2.png

Edited by Jaggy Snake

EA have said that if you've got a Prime SBC version of an Icon that ends up getting one of these new cards, there will be "an opportunity to use the SBC item when the moments SBC gets released, later in FIFA 19".

So no doubt a ridiculously expensive SBC needing an Icon and a 90 rated squad or something, and by "later", they mean once no-one cares anymore.

EDIT: The Jaggy one beat me to it.

Edited by forameus

Just now, Sauzee#4 said:

So basically a solid f**k you to anyone who’s saved up coins and bought an icon off the market

Are they crashing in price now? 

I’ve sold my TOTY Kante at a 10k loss after tax which I’m delighted about. There has got to be a market crash on Friday with all the packs getting opened, feared that Kante would drop big time and nearly every coin I’ve got was in that card.

IMG_0892.jpg

Done Nedved for about 225k. Had a few of the Cardiff goalkeeper I had bought months ago on the transfer list and I got 26k each after paying 600 for them. Got Kane and an 84 inform striker back in packs so if he’s hoop he can go into another one.

My Felipe Anderson OTW went as an 88 for 370k, about 20k better than he could have, so thought that was decent and time to cash in. Happy enough with that, and excited to improve my squad. I have 415k in total

But tbh I really just want to start a career mode and f**k FUT. It's fun but now I'm at the stage I'm not going to better my team  and I don't see the point in dedicating so much of my time trying to get terrible packs. Will best my team as much as I can but feel as if my team and I have completely stagnated. I've always loved career mode. 

Tried a player career as a CAM at Duisburg. Didn't get a game the whole season, went to Heidenheim and won 2. Liga. Didn't play 6 months again for Duisburg and went to Man City for £100m. Seems unrealistic haha, but ganting for a career mode, just wish they'd actually change something for once, been the same game for 5 years.

Edited by Smurph

I did the base icon SBC twice, without having to buy anyone for it, but it does still feel expensive.

Got Nedved first time around, a little disappointing. Loved him as a player, and I'd have done his prime if he was a central player, but no use for me as a left winger.

Second attempt gave me Michael Laudrup. Looks like a decent card and I've decided to pretend it's actually Brian Laudrup and put him in my Scottish side.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

7C9A5E19-2379-4361-9DA7-F940A5E303B0.thumb.jpeg.0f5892f4704d5f1ccc6b0e00dcb6a760.jpeg

The upgrades to Torreira and VVD were welcome. Don’t understand why Son didn’t get a boost though. Cech is utterly shite and I’ll probably go back to Lloris’ UCL card. If I was to convert Arnautovic to a CM I could start a team with eleven different card types :lol:

8 hours ago, Smurph said:

My Felipe Anderson OTW went as an 88 for 370k, about 20k better than he could have, so thought that was decent and time to cash in. Happy enough with that, and excited to improve my squad. I have 415k in total

But tbh I really just want to start a career mode and f**k FUT. It's fun but now I'm at the stage I'm not going to better my team  and I don't see the point in dedicating so much of my time trying to get terrible packs. Will best my team as much as I can but feel as if my team and I have completely stagnated. I've always loved career mode. 

Tried a player career as a CAM at Duisburg. Didn't get a game the whole season, went to Heidenheim and won 2. Liga. Didn't play 6 months again for Duisburg and went to Man City for £100m. Seems unrealistic haha, but ganting for a career mode, just wish they'd actually change something for once, been the same game for 5 years.

Easily the best player I've used this year!