FIFA 19

FifeArab

Screenshot_20190101-134749_Companion.thumb.jpg.f4239e3017d27c7925ccde7635db5dcc.jpg

Got Giovinco, Pjanic and Verdi on the bench, along with Belotti, De Rossi and Barzagli, just don't have a special forward player.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Same boat, haven't been able to play for a few weeks and have fallen behind since I'm not getting any players from rivals or squad battles. Unable to do any of the FUTmas things, would have taken Callejon but regretfully missed out on that. Never actually played with Bakayoko, bought him for doing a SBC Matuidi but never thought it was worth it in the end, can just get the regular now all the prices have dropped

I like my squad but tempted to sell everything and rebuild something cool which I can just fanny about with. Only thing putting me off that is SMS. I've got quite a few 84s in the club and the OTW Felipe Anderson which might get an IF again this week

IMG_0607.thumb.jpg.d290c8c06403eca2d461a9c914c2d19c.jpg

1 hour ago, Smurph said:

Same boat, haven't been able to play for a few weeks and have fallen behind since I'm not getting any players from rivals or squad battles. Unable to do any of the FUTmas things, would have taken Callejon but regretfully missed out on that. Never actually played with Bakayoko, bought him for doing a SBC Matuidi but never thought it was worth it in the end, can just get the regular now all the prices have dropped

I like my squad but tempted to sell everything and rebuild something cool which I can just fanny about with. Only thing putting me off that is SMS. I've got quite a few 84s in the club and the OTW Felipe Anderson which might get an IF again this week

IMG_0607.thumb.jpg.d290c8c06403eca2d461a9c914c2d19c.jpg

EA have fucked up and put some of the new TOTW in last week’s reward player picks. Anderson was one of them. Enjoy the upgrade :lol:

Going after the swaps deal Martinez, already had some players left over so at 4 out of 9, hopefully be arsed to get the other five in time.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Going after the swaps deal Martinez, already had some players left over so at 4 out of 9, hopefully be arsed to get the other five in time.

They won’t work. They’re swap deals 3 cards.

I see having a front three of Sane, Aubaumeyang and Mbappe, and playing lofted through balls, is now a thing.

Gameplay is shite this year.

Remembered why I stopped playing tbh. 25 games over the past few days and I've enjoyed one or two. I don't known if it's just bad luck but I play virtually identical squads, who either spam lofted through balls, spam timed shots, or spam fake shots. Just drew 2-2 with someone there who literally spent the whole game twirling about doing fake shots. One of his goals came from 25 yards, when he faked a shot, turning back on himself, yet somehow rifled one into the top corner while hitting it mid turn.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Aubameyang is fucking pish by the way. Complete waste of coins.

Can someone also explain to me how I can hit five perfect timed finesse shots in a game and not have a single shot on target? Complete fucking nonsense.

Finesse shots are definitely becoming the new "thing".  I remember many games ago, the thing was to dribble one on one, then square it to your teammate for an easy tap-in.  It'd happen again and again, and it felt so fucking horrible to do it if you had to wheel it out.

Now you've got people whose only thought is to dragback, dragback, dragback until they get an inch to shoot a largely unstoppable finesse shot into the back of the net.  That's if they haven't already hit it first time, before you can even think about positioning anyone to stop it.  I'm not against it being an opportunity to score, but to see every match follow a similar pattern it's just boring at times.  Particularly if it's by one of the millions of near identical PL teams.

After seeing two Scottish-based players in the TOTW, I decided it was time to finally build a Scottish side to take advantage of having Tierney and Morelos SBC card and Forrest IF.  Campbell and Maldini in front of Szczzzzzeznee to try and protect the shite in front of them.  One game and I got absolutely cuffed.  Morelos is absolute dogshite compared to some of the players I've been using.

1 hour ago, Iminavest said:

I've been using him wide left of a front three. Excellent out ball from goal kicks and lethal cutting in.

May have been a rash opinion. Went four games without him scoring but he’s now at six goals and two assists in seven games so I’ll give him a bit more time.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Now you've got people whose only thought is to dragback, dragback, dragback until they get an inch to shoot a largely unstoppable finesse shot into the back of the net.  That's if they haven't already hit it first time, before you can even think about positioning anyone to stop it.  I'm not against it being an opportunity to score, but to see every match follow a similar pattern it's just boring at times.  Particularly if it's by one of the millions of near identical PL teams.

I sneaked a game in yesterday.

Mbappe up front. Literally all he done was exactly what you've said there, drag backs then timed shots from outside the box, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Boring as hell

Edited by RandomGuy.

After the one game I mentioned playing with a Scottish side, I've since punted all the tradeable IFs I got.  Maybe a bit hasty, but it highlights the problem with the game as it is now.  In ye olden times, there would probably have been a use for teams like that.  Maybe a silver-only, or a ratings cap tournament where you could guarantee you'd be up against a side roughly equal to you.  But nowadays, what's the point?  I'm not going to spend weeks trying to get used to a new team, probably tanking my Rivals score (the only way I could match up well) and being a non-starter in the WL.  The days of building fun wee teams as a diversion are gone sadly.

Took the coins rewards and got Douglas Costa and Milinkovic-Savic, got Douglas Costa as a loan player through a rewards pack, and he was far better than Perisic for me, solely due to his mental pace, so thought I'd get him permanently. 

Savic is just a monster, so strong.

Screenshot_20190103-130816_Companion.thumb.jpg.dcdc8dd96ca30ede89c37cb49a5e2c0a.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Took the coins rewards and got Douglas Costa and Milinkovic-Savic, got Douglas Costa as a loan player through a rewards pack, and he was far better than Perisic for me, solely due to his mental pace, so thought I'd get him permanently. 

Savic is just a monster, so strong.

Screenshot_20190103-130816_Companion.thumb.jpg.dcdc8dd96ca30ede89c37cb49a5e2c0a.jpg

I punted Costa last night to feed my dreams of my now dead Scottish team.  His pace is electric, and with that he's always going to be useful, but I found him absolutely dreadful at doing anything once he got there.  Probably over-egging it a bit, as he did get a few goals, but so many times he'd fluff his lines after getting in good positions.  

Still though, you've got a very solid front-four there

3 hours ago, forameus said:

After the one game I mentioned playing with a Scottish side, I've since punted all the tradeable IFs I got.  Maybe a bit hasty, but it highlights the problem with the game as it is now.  In ye olden times, there would probably have been a use for teams like that.  Maybe a silver-only, or a ratings cap tournament where you could guarantee you'd be up against a side roughly equal to you.  But nowadays, what's the point?  I'm not going to spend weeks trying to get used to a new team, probably tanking my Rivals score (the only way I could match up well) and being a non-starter in the WL.  The days of building fun wee teams as a diversion are gone sadly.

I built a bronze team last night just because I was sick of the same teams over and over and the weekly objective but connections were shit for the Online Singline match so took the team to Rivals and had to play a High rated Gold team where the guy abused the Timed finesse and drag backs. Im a fecking bronze team try something different ffs.

As you say there is now no modes for the low end teams its forcing folk to put in FIFA Points to get the best players to compete.

3 minutes ago, Yonas said:

As you say there is now no modes for the low end teams its forcing folk to put in FIFA Points to get the best players to compete.

Which is EA's plan.

It's odd though.  Despite EA's main goal being to shepherd everyone towards spending FIFA points, it's kind of odd that they wouldn't provide something like this.  Go try and build a team of rare gold players with a rating in the low 80s.  You can probably do it for about 6k.  Go try and do it with rare bronze or silver players, and the same could cost you up to 50k.  Bronze and silver players are now massively overpriced thanks to SBCs, so add people actually wanting to use them for teams to win a tournament, and you're going to need more coins.  How do you get more coins?  You either grind the game, or you buy FIFA points.  And given that no matter where you go in the game, FIFA points could make it easier, it always baffles me that they wouldn't dedicate just a little time to bringing something like this back.

I hate to be a dick again, but...

xfUrv2Y.jpg

Bog standard pack btw, think it was a Rare Electrum Players from the Milan SBC.  Or looking at it, might've been Premium Gold Players.   I did the top 10 or so league SBCs that were showing high for VFC on Futbin.  Usually pretty profitable, and so it has proved.

Edited by forameus

Played 10 in weekend league won 5 games.

I know if I win a game I automatically lose the next cant get a streak going. Worst if I get a Rage Quit as always get humped the next match.

A few folk running some pure Finesse shot teams then get Fabinho in there. Digne and Boly werent worthy Reds last week